• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many FOV experts up and at them this morning.

The FOV in Halo 4 is not less than Reach's. As far as I know, it's still 78.
To me, the FOV is fine. It looks to be the weapons have gotten bulkier with the new designs. All of the weapons look intimidating and realistic for Halo 4's arsenal of weapons.
At first, I didn't fully like the new Unsc sniper until it's recent design in the new trailer.

Plenty to see:

fov.jpg

It'd be nice if they could push the HUD elements out to the extreme sides of the screen, but I believe there's some sort of Microsoft requirement for where things can be.

Plenty to see:

fov.jpg

It'd be nice if they could push the HUD elements out to the extreme sides of the screen, but I believe there's some sort of Microsoft requirement for where things can be.
The HUD Elements of a Spartan IV and Master Chief's Mk VII are different. Hmm.. Just noticing now haha

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Plenty to see:

fov.jpg

Some games let you define your TV borders, I wish all games would. Make the hud "edges" adjustable to the TV size and aspect ratio.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I don't really have a problem with the FOV or HUD item placement, of course haven't played the game yet.

Aesthetically I like where the HUD elements are placed because after all your Spartan is wearing a helmet, all part of his visor. Very good for immersing the player in their character.

senador

Banned
Also what's funny is that myself and many others have been complaining about the Wall-E sniper scope, but given some of the COD-esque leanings we'll probably be able to customize the scope design.

I also expect we'll get Halo 3 or Halo 2 "classic" unlockable designs for weapons and maybe armor in the game.

Kinda what my thought has been. I expected a 2nd unlockable sniper but now I don't think that'll happen. Skin and scope changes don't seem too far off base though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think I discovered a glitch in Reach last night. I forgot to save the film but I'm hoping it's still in the history. It was a reload glitch.

kylej

Banned
Not sure anyone is claiming to be an FOV expert, but ok. Very happy it's the same as Reach.

7432967202_5af643de5c.jpg

Snipe looks better with an alternative scope.

edit. that's a photoshop y'all (not by me).

Not sure anyone is claiming to be an FOV expert, but ok. Very happy it's the same as Reach.

I'm sorry; I've been so outta the loop lately with no interest in new media of this game (still buying :D) but they changed the microwave on top of the sniper? SWEET!

Nope, it gets deleted once you play another game.

Also, Halo 4 should be 60fps with a FOV of 90 and 1080p. Make it happen 343.

It only empties when you play a game that uses the cache. i remember i could play Halo 3, play MW2 mp (not campaign) and go back to Halo 3 and my recent films would still be there.

GhaleonEB

The shopped sniper looks so much better.

I missed the FOV discussion, but I thought Halo 4's looked fine from the beginning, not surprised to learn it's unchanged from Reach (thanks for confirming, David).

I think the absolutely gargantuan sniper model is making people think it's smaller than it actually is. (I'm fine with it since most of the time I'll be scoped anyway)

AR looks about the same as other games.

I think overall the weapon models take up more screen real estate than in previous games.

JackHerer

edit. that's a photoshop y'all (not by me).

This looks a lot better. It would be nice if they allowed you to unlock a classic style skin. Maybe when you complete or unlock a new specialization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom