• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about, 60 fps is hugely noticeable, and really makes the game a lot more smooth looking.. No matter what TV I have played CoD on it has looked undeniably smooth and clean, I would kill for that in Halo. That said, I know why Halo is at 30 fps, and as long is its locked I am happy. Maybe next gen we will be able to get the 60fps + Superb visuals.

I didn't say it wasn't noticeable, read my other posts. I said the difference doesn't really matter. If I could have 60fps in Halo 4 and keep the visuals as they are would I? Probably, but as it stands it doesn't need it.

heckfu

Banned
That isn't what I am saying. I'm saying they are both fine. Yes 60fps is faster but it overall doesn't really matter. I don't feel like arguing about this anymore so just read my post that was before that one.

I didn't say it wasn't noticeable, read my other posts. I said the difference doesn't really matter. If I could have 60fps in Halo 4 and keep the visuals as they are would I? Probably, but as it stands it doesn't need it.

Man I have got to say, Halo 4 really did clean up well over the past months. From the Spring showcase, to Conan, to the latest weapon vid. Look at stuff like his hand and how improved the modeling is. Everything is defintely much improved. Clean, crisp and sexy. I like it.

ibqjPEHbZMFVtH.png

And this is why your argument sucks. We throw real data into the mix, but your argument revolves around "I can't tell the difference, so it doesn't matter". Get it now?

Karl2177

Man I have got to say, Halo 4 really did clean up well over the past months. From the Spring showcase, to Conan, to the latest weapon vid. Look at stuff like his hand and how improved the modeling is. Everything is defintely much improved. Clean, crisp and sexy. I like it.

Those are some good comparison shots. One thing that might need some improvement is how opaque the HUD elements are. The guns/ammo counter could be a bit more visible.

feel

The last almost-clarification I remember getting from someone at SDCC (I think) was that you can bring it up with a press of the X button...I think.
Like a really fast toggle? That's great if so, I loved active roster and not having to look at the xbox guide but I didn't like the list always being there.

edit- had quoted Ghal by mistake

Vire

The hands were definitely pretty chunky and angular at the start. Glad to see that kind of stuff was fixed.

I'd love to see a behind the scenes look at the different iterations of the various maps and weapons. Just to see how they gradually improved over time.

I really hope the new Active Roster also shows the people on your friends list that are online, but not on Halo at the moment. Like in Gears 3. That way I can still invite them without having to bring the slow-ass guide up

I think of juices as more of an Aristophanes man. Portraying philosophers as people interested in seeing how far a flea can jump is some ancient Team Downer shit.

Until you shit on a bad kid, they are both bad and good. Its called Juices Cat.

AKA my 1 year anniversary is tomorrow I havent gotten anything, lets play Halo instead.

My computer chair has wheels and can spin. I think I'm fine here.

My chair is an exercise ball. No wheels.

I really hope the new Active Roster also shows the people on your friends list that are online, but not on Halo at the moment. Like in Gears 3. That way I can still invite them without having to bring the slow-ass guide up

Yeah, they have it separated into people who are on Gears, and people who aren't, and what they're doing exactly(Ranked match on Checkout, searching, private Horde, etc). I wouldn't mind that change at all.

The hands were definitely pretty chunky and angular at the start. Glad to see that kind of stuff was fixed.

I'd love to see a behind the scenes look at the different iterations of the various maps and weapons. Just to see how they gradually improved over time.

I know I can't be the only one who misses the Bonus DVD we got with Halo 2's SEXY Limited Edition ;]

I miss that kinda quality for a Behind the Scenes and a developers documentary about the making of a game..

Like a really fast toggle? That's great if so, I loved active roster and not having to look at the xbox guide but I didn't like the list always being there.

edit- had quoted Ghal by mistake

Yeah think of it like Blops or Gears 3. An in-game friends list, no pulling up the guide.

This is just based on what we've heard about it, we haven't actually seen it in action.

Pop

Plenty to see:

fov.jpg

It'd be nice if they could push the HUD elements out to the extreme sides of the screen, but I believe there's some sort of Microsoft requirement for where things can be.

Safe Area like in COD would be nice. That way I could push the HUD all the way to the edges.

Vire

Adrift has certainly went through multiple iterations as well..
Before:

i158sQXiQlNz1.png

ipIbX4KZ4Q77u.png

iba3302gTQcWd5.png

After:

irU2Aa2jMw1uv.png

iht2GRJr78KeO.png

i2Yflq1LwAj8O.png

Besides the overall image quality being improved (less aliasing), the Mech now remains dormant and it took on a much creepier desolate feeling.

I know I can't be the only one who misses the Bonus DVD we got with Halo 2's SEXY Limited Edition ;]

I miss that kinda quality for a Behind the Scenes and a developers documentary about the making of a game..

It still remains my favorite documentary. I'm amazed Bungie packaged such an in-depth look at the making of Halo 2 -- including the tragic moments -- with the game.

Think about it. In a nutshell, Bungie came out and said, "We failed to deliver on most of our plans for the game, and we had to lob off the ending to meet a strict deadline." And they said this the day the game launched. That's unheard of, and my respect for Bungie was never higher.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Which sucks, I loved that the map had the starry skybox and the Mech being built.

When the map detects the GT "jelyk" the Mech wakes up and starts breakdancing and then a slipspace portal tears the sky open and fiery debris rains down on every corner of the map.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It still remains my favorite documentary. I'm amazed Bungie packaged such an in-depth look at the making of Halo 2 -- including the tragic moments -- with the game.

Think about it. In a nutshell, Bungie came out and said, "We failed to deliver on most of our plans for the game, and we had to lob off the ending to meet a strict deadline." And they said this the day the game launched. That's unheard of, and my respect for Bungie was never higher.

And it only cost 5$ more.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yeah think of it like Blops or Gears 3. An in-game friends list, no pulling up the guide.

This is just based on what we've heard about it, we haven't actually seen it in action.

One button, no guide needed, instant access from anywhere in the main UI. It's nice and VERY fast.

Vire

Which sucks, I loved that the map had the starry skybox and the Mech being built.

There still is a starry skybox if I'm not mistaken.

But yeah would have been neat for at least the Mech to have sparks coming out of the building pieces to show that it was once functional.

I'd also like to see a bit more florescent lighting to help brighten it up but still maintain a creepy feeling.

Enfinit

Adrift has certainly went through multiple iterations as well..

Besides the overall image quality being improved (less aliasing), the Mech now remains dormant and it took on a much creepier desolate feeling.

I like the after a lot better, more menacing and grim. Kinda looks like a Big Daddy.

It is pretty amazing and still entertaining to watch. I wished and hoped for that Halo: Reach or Halo 4 would get such a in-depth documentary about their development. Unfortunately not going to happen how it looks like atm.

Off-Topic: But I am finally going to see Prometheus today. I am kinda excited...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom