• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Why is Reach saying my NAT isn't open? Never had this problem until now, is it a glitch?

Doubt it. I've never heard of the glitch. Happens to a lot of people and often so be lucky this the first time you've run into it.

Nowise10

So how do you guys feel that the Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Trailer that was uploaded on August 7th has 4,700,000 views, and the Halo 4 Weapons Trailer uploaded August 8th, only has 270,000 views.

GhaleonEB

So how do you guys feel that the Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Trailer that was uploaded on August 7th has 4,700,000 views, and the Halo 4 Weapons Trailer uploaded August 8th, only has 270,000 views.

Wasn't the MP trailer the debut of MP for Black Ops 2? This is not something I care about, but it seems like an odd comparison.

Akai__

Why do people compare Halo 4, a Xbox 360 exclusive title, to a game, which is available on all platforms?

I don't dislike CoD, but seriously, why?

a zoojoo

Banned
For those who missed it, the latest episode of HaloGAF Radio is out. Guests are Demoncarnotaur and Mastrbiggy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40904867#post40904867

If you guys could please leave any comments in the new thread, I would appreciate it. I would love to get more GAF members interested in the podcast. Thanks and enjoy!

Needs moar zoojoo.

No.

Fine.

I'll record my own podcast. Today. Enfinit, Mix, and YourExWife, i'm lookin at you!

Why do people compare Halo 4, a Xbox 360 exclusive title to a game, which is available on all platforms?

I don't dislike CoD, but seriously, why?

Why would people compare two huge shooters releasing the same month, they have been in direct competition with each other since one eroded the other in popularity since 2007, and has been playing catch-up ever since with specializations and ordnance drops?

Are you seriously asking this question?

Karl2177

Why would people compare two huge shooters releasing the same month, they have been in direct competition with each other since one eroded the other in popularity since 2007, and has been playing catch-up ever since with specializations and ordnance drops?

I can understand the comparisons, but "playing catch-up" is hardly the way any intelligent person would word it.

Pop

I feel great, thanks for asking. I'll be getting both so I'm not worried about youtube numbers.

:)

I can understand the comparisons, but "playing catch-up" is hardly the way any intelligent person would word it.

"Utilizing the best ideas of contemporary shooters to further evolve this iconic franchise, Halo 4 introduces specializations, loadouts, and ordnance drops that reward constant, competitive play and more customization options then ever before to increase individuality of your Spartan."

Akai__

Are you serious with the specialization and ordnance drop catch up part?

---
Edit: Correct me, if I'm wrong but ordnance drops are only in one playlist.
---

Even if Halo is copying parts of an other game, it will still be Halo.

However, I was asking this question, because CoD has a larger playerbase as Halo. It's represented on all platforms, while Halo isn't. It's ridiculous to compare it, in this way. If you want to compare it, compare it to the Xbox 360.

Karl2177

"Utilizing the best ideas of contemporary shooters to further evolve this iconic franchise, Halo 4 introduces specializations, loadouts, and ordnance drops that reward constant, competitive play and more customization options then ever before to increase individuality of your Spartan."
And Black Ops introducing Theater mode? Or File Shares in MW3? Both developers are creative enough to create new ways to play, and both developers are intelligent enough to notice player trends and give players many options to play the way they want to play. It's not "catching-up" as much as it is keeping strong in the industry.

And Black Ops introducing Theater mode? Or File Shares in MW3? Both developers are creative enough to create new ways to play, and both developers are intelligent enough to notice player trends and give players many options to play the way they want to play. It's not "catching-up" as much as it is keeping strong in the industry.
Karl pls...

nillapuddin

Are we to expect all armor abilities will be distinguishable on each multiplayer character?

I remember in the halo reach beta trailer the player using armor lock had a large 'backpack' looking device, obviously this didn't make it in the game. But if it had it might have gone a long way in letting players "know" what they are up against

I'm thinking
Jet pack = obviously even in reach this was present
Thruster = distinguishable from jet pack
Hard light shield = a noticeable module on forearm
Hologram = ?
Regen = ?
Turret = maybe on hip if small enough,

Is there any desire for aa's to be more visual?

True, good point.

We could end up with an interesting subplot where Halo CE's theme of "You (and just you) vs a shitton of factions who are all fighting eachother at the same time!" gets ramped up significantly. Say, for example, the Reds and Blues are having an internal struggle and it's just getting them wrecked by the Proms and Covvies. Your only hope of having some coordinated allies is by uniting the two factions or something like that.

a zoojoo

Banned
Are we to expect all armor abilities will be distinguishable on each multiplayer character?

I remember in the halo reach beta trailer the player using armor lock had a large 'backpack' looking device, obviously this didn't make it in the game. But if it had it might have gone a long way in letting players "know" what they are up against

I'm thinking
Hologram = Maybe a projector on the front of the armor?
Regen = A module on the belt area?

Added my ideas. I would love for that stuff to be more visual on your armor.

Sorry, I guess you'll never know.

have 0 problems with this.

Got 99 problems and a heckfu ain't one

FyreWulff

I don't really know what it is but I can remember FyreWulff saying something about Reach not having those progressing bars because of meglago ( I really don't know how to spell it, I'm just writing it down how I pronounced it).I thought it was a system Bungie implemented in Reach that allowed them to make all those weird gametypes like chess.

Yeah, it was an off the cuff comment I made a while back (also Megalo, easy way to remember: it's the first part of the word Megalomaniac). Reach doesn't have progress bars because, to super simplify things that Bungie employees posted, Reach doesn't actually know when a game will end. It knows when to actually end the game when conditions are meant, but it doesn't know "how long until" because the end condition could change at any time. An example would be Invasion, which creates a new round and puts time back on the clock.

So when I saw 4 had progress bars, I just was like "oh, there might not be Megalo anymore and went back to hardcoded gametypes". But now that it kind of just looks like it changes the long tail of the graphic to whoever is in the lead, that's uh.. interestingly Megalo-y. Or they could have just added a component to Megalo that says "the game will end in this many points, start drawing y'all bars".

Fuck Zealot.

nillapuddin

Added my ideas. I would love for that stuff to be more visual on your armor.

have 0 problems with this

Glad you agree, I'm not sure there are any drawbacks, I thought a few
Hundred
pages ago someone was complaining about not being able to tell a player has armor lock

Am I mistaken in saying that 343 has said in the past that our characters gameplay modofications would change our visual appearance also?

I feel like that was on a panel or something?
Does anyone remember?

Also I'll clip that armor lock pic later, I'm on mobile but it's an interesting concept that was cut

Trey

Halo is a better game but CoD has popular system elements that are apparently desirable from a gamemaker's point of view. I myself am not quite convinced they are being integrated into Halo in a desirable way, but then Spartan Ops seems like the franchise's notable addition in the vein of theater/forge/AAs/online. Specializations and its ilk are more like sprinkles, and it remains to be seen whether they are shit flavored or not.

I'm thinking
Hologram = ?
Regen = ?

? Not Jetpack.
Thruster > Evade
Evade would launch you with a Barrel Roll lol
Thruster Pack is a quick strafe with similar distance as evade without the launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom