• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite part of that achievement is you can't get it if the other team even comes near it, because it counts as them picking it up if they walk within like 1 or 1.5 WU of it. So someone could just walk through the bottom floor of the base on Highlands and it nulls the achievement :lol

I would probably never even attempt it again if that happened to me.

The last achievement I had this much trouble getting was You Ate All the Chips, but I have captured 4 simultaneously a few times since then.

FyreWulff

The last achievement I had this much trouble getting was You Ate All the Chips, but I have captured 4 simultaneously a few times since then.

Last achievement I got was 5 splatters on an Anniversary Map last night in the GAF BTB party. I straight up forgot that one existed, probably because it's only possible on 2 of the Anniversary maps, so when we started mowing the other team down on Headlong I just started driving the ghost around.

Noricart

I got that achievement without even playing the DLC. I just won a regular game of stockpile, on a non-DLC map.
Which is great, but now my gamerscore isn't in an increment of 5 anymore!
It's like they want me to buy maps I'll never play.

FyreWulff

I got that achievement without even playing the DLC. I just won a regular game of stockpile, on a non-DLC map.
Which is great, but now my gamerscore isn't in an increment of 5 anymore!
It's like they want me to buy maps I'll never play.

Yeah, the Noble and original Defiant achievements can be gotten on any map. The Anniversary and AnniDefiant achievements are locked to only Anniversary maps and Defiant maps.

Shadders

Tunavi that was outstanding. Take a bow son.

Do you know what the default variant looks like?

We have a ton of armor options (both new and familiar) in Halo 4. We'll be going into more detail on some of those, sooner than you think, while others we're likely to hold back until launch.

Heh, typically McFarlane will title their figures with the name of the armour. Do we take from that that this amour is called "Warrior"?

cloC5.jpg

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=4574

Yeah, the Noble and original Defiant achievements can be gotten on any map. The Anniversary and AnniDefiant achievements are locked to only Anniversary maps and Defiant maps.

Hopefully they've increased the likelihood of getting DLC maps in the regular playlists otherwise we may never see them again. And those last lot of Defiant achievements will move ever closer to impossible.

FyreWulff

Hopefully they've increased the likelihood of getting DLC maps in the regular playlists otherwise we may never see them again. And those last lot of Defiant achievements will move ever closer to impossible.

Hopefully BTB is just all DLC required now. You can also pretty much say goodbye to getting Breakpoint in Invasion again.

Now that we know H4 is going to gate multiplayer to those with hard drives, there will probably be a knock on effect of since everyone in multi has HDDs, more people are likely to own DLC.

We still have 2 copies of Team Slayer, and yet Action Sack got canned.

Yes, I'm actually salty about that.

Need dat redundancy

Shadders

Did I miss something?

Those three achievements were particularly hard to get with the old playlists, not because they were hard to do, but because of the unlikelihood of the appropriate map and gametype combo coming up in matchmaking. Now they are many times less likely to appear.

All Alone requires a Zombies game on Condemned. I've never had a zombies game on Condemned. The one time it appeared as an option, people voted for Boardwalk. I know for sure that when I finally do get it to come up, I'll spawn as a bloody zombie.

Ken

Those three achievements were particularly hard to get with the old playlists, not because they were hard to do, but because of the unlikelihood of the appropriate map and gametype combo coming up in matchmaking. Now they are many times less likely to appear.

So what happened to Squad Slayer.

feel

PxjXI.jpg

Forever grey.
I have only 1 left for Reach but I don't think I will touch that game ever again so it'll have to be the first of my Halo games that I don't get every single one on. I would go back in for it if it was easy to get, but getting a zombies+Anniversary match itself seems like too much work. Oh well.

Spiders

I still need a lot of the DLC achievements, and have never even gotten the map and gametype requirements for most of them.

I really hope 343 does a better job coming up with fun and interesting achievements that don't require this much luck.

FyreWulff

I have only 1 left for Reach but I don't think I will touch that game ever again so it'll have to be the first of my Halo games that I don't get every single one on. I would go back in for it if it was easy to get, but getting a zombies+Anniversary match itself seems like too much work. Oh well.

Infection is supposed to be in Anniversary FFA. So you've got something like 24 hours to make one last good effort at it, because you're probably going to have a low chance of getting Anni at all in Living Dead.

I still need a lot of the DLC achievements, and have never even gotten the map and gametype requirements for most of them.

I really hope 343 does a better job coming up with fun and interesting achievements that don't require this much luck.

Also if they don't do silly stuff like locking generic actions to specific maps again.

What if they could all be done offline or in single player modes. What if they didn't require online MP. What if.

Call of Duty 4's were all offline. Unfortunately that game bombed and went nowhere, so 343 would never do something awesome like that.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Infection is supposed to be in Anniversary FFA. So you've got something like 24 hours to make one last good effort at it, because you're probably going to have a low chance of getting Anni at all in Living Dead.

Also if they don't do silly stuff like locking generic actions to specific maps again.

Good luck getting Infection in the Anni FFA playlist.

zap

I just can't believe that 343i....
1. Removed Squad Slayer
2. Cloned Team Slayer and added TU
3. Kept the stupid playlist despite consistently doing worse than Squad Slayer did.

Halo 4 better have different people running the playlists.

FyreWulff

I say you're full of it.

Last time I went into Anniversary FFA without an achievement party

And two games right before it

edit: well I guess I had one HaloGAFer with me on those, but yeah, I have no idea why it just kept offering us Slayer on everything last night.

6/23

Yeah, that shit's been fixed by now.

In about 10 minutes, I'm getting on Reach. I'll go right to Anniversary FFA. And if TU Zombies gets voted in first game, I'll assume Fracas was preventing it from showing up.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Last time I went into Anniversary FFA without an achievement party

And two games right before it

edit: well I guess I had one HaloGAFer with me on those, but yeah, I have no idea why it just kept offering us Slayer on everything last night.

6/23

Yeah, that shit's been fixed by now.

In about 10 minutes, I'm getting on Reach. I'll go right to Anniversary FFA. And if TU Zombies gets voted in first game, I'll assume Fracas was preventing it from showing up.
Dude knows how to break games.

Ramirez

They got rid of the wire and slightly changed the scope as you can see in the UNSC weapons video. The figure's sniper still has the wire, and presumably the old scope (not that you could really tell at that scale anyways).

Oh, I thought you had fell for that photoshop a few days ago. :p

Any tips on getting out of the room with the second generator in The Two Betrayals on legendary? It's the one with the flood swarming in.

I have 2 bars of health and they simply overwhelm me.
What happens do you have, how many grenades do you have, and what skulls – if any – do you have on? Whatever you have will determine the best course of action. Usually it's either walk to the back of the room and take the Flood as they come or charge the exit (works best with rockets).
We still have 2 copies of Team Slayer, and yet Action Sack got canned.

Yes, I'm actually salty about that.

Wait. Action Sack is getting canned?!

*boots up Reach to grab the BOOM Ball gametype before it gets taken down*

Fucking bloom.

Fucking armor abilities.

Fucking slow movement speed.

Fucking nuke grenades.

Fucking jetpacks. God I hate jetpack.

Fuck why am I playing Power Slayer on Uncaged? All I want is fucking Boom Ball.

Holy fuck I have the pro-pipe. Okay, where is a dude...oh, hey, it's another jetpacker...I JUST FUCKING PRO-PIPE'D YOU OUT OF MIDAIR AND I AIN'T EVEN ON HEAT, YOU JERK.

Fuck.

Pop

Fucking bloom.

Fucking armor abilities.

Fucking nuke grenades.

Holy fuck I have the pro-pipe. Okay, where is a dude...oh, hey, it's another jetpacker...I JUST FUCKING PRO-PIPE'D YOU OUT OF MIDAIR AND I AIN'T EVEN ON HEAT, YOU JERK.

Fuck.

Yup.

FyreWulff

Fucking bloom.

Fucking armor abilities.

Fucking nuke grenades.

Fuck.

Hey Dax.

Dax.

Click me

L1NETT

Fucking bloom.

Fucking armor abilities.

Fucking nuke grenades.

Fuck.

84 days. Stay strong.

I wish TU had been put into the standard Team Slayer playlists. I doubt the complaints would have been huge. Hopefully TU's in Halo 4 are universal. When they aren't, it just increases the gap between the playlists.

Fucking bloom.

Fucking armor abilities.

Fucking nuke grenades.

Fuck.

Hi, I'm Dax.

Gazzawa

Fucking bloom.

Fucking armor abilities.

Fucking nuke grenades.

Fuck.

What game is this?

Woorloog

Banned
Wait, what, Warrior armor is not the default armor?
Well, is it available right away or very soon anyway? I really like it. Mix of knight and samurai rolled into a futuristic powered armor is cool.

Omni

I almost 1000/1000 on Halo 2, I'm at 950points. I refuse to clock the game on Legendary.

Nice! I'm going through it on Legendary now, actually. Only up to third level but I'm getting there, nonetheless. Still have a quite a few achievements to get before I'm 1000/1000 though.

Wait, what, Warrior armor is not the default armor?
Well, is it available right away or very soon anyway? I really like it. Mix of knight and samurai rolled into a futuristic powered armor is cool.
Yeah. At first it was a bit jarring, but I've actually grown to like the look.

What happens do you have, how many grenades do you have, and what skulls – if any – do you have on? Whatever you have will determine the best course of action. Usually it's either walk to the back of the room and take the Flood as they come or charge the exit (works best with rockets).

6 total grenades (2 plasma), pistol and shotgun. No skulls. I can make a quick run to go get more pistol ammo and a health pack (have several that are still accessible that I left behind earlier in the mission), but the number of bars doesn't matter all that much. Once they get your shield down, it doesn't take much more to drop you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom