• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

No not really. Performance/general functionality is pretty bad in all the browsers.

This may sounds harsh, but that site really needs to be gutted. Not only is performance terrible and you can't even link to pages without manual edits, but the general layout and organization is very poor.

I agree. You click a link and you don't end up where you wanted to go. So then you have to click the link again and surprise it works the second time. Such an awful awful site.

That is just too damn hilarious. I love it.

Gazzawa

Yeah thats what ive been doing, just finished Dues Ex, which was awesome. With Reach though, as I know its basically going untouched once Halo 4 comes out I kinda wanna play it at sometime.

Still got the free games trial till the end of the month, then its not too long to go until Halo 4 anyway.

we gotta get some wars in 4 sho. ive played that twice with friends since i re-purchased it.
Was fooled by elzars promise of RTS glorydays revival.

Risen

I really don't even care about achievements.

Fixed... I've never been one to care much about achievements. I mean, I've gotten most of them in Halo over the years, but that was typically because I was playing with friends who were focused on them. Certainly a few times I've "tried" to get them in parties where friends are working on them, but I don't think I've ever put any real effort in them or placed any importance on them. They could go away and I'd never miss them.

G17

This is a bit OT but who's picking up Dust this week?

Dust: An Elysian Tail Launch Trailer

I've been waiting for this game for a few years now, and just amazed that it was essentially made by one guy.

Microsoft saved the best for last and I can't wait to play it. It's longer than most FPS campaigns these days and everyone is praising the combat. No brainer for me.

I'll probably even buy gamerpics/avatar items to support the dev even more (a cut with go to him no?)

Homeboyd

I need both infection Achievements (defiant and anni - All Alone and Emergency Room) so I'm game if you're going for those. I never play infection so I just gave up on these... Especially after hearing how hard they were to get due to the DLC not popping up.

Fuchsdh

I definitely need the damn general achievement in Halo Wars. How many matches to get it legally? Anyone has a number?
Legally? Depends on if you're playing well. If you get 1000exp per match, you're looking at 980 games. Boosting it cuts that by about a factor of 20 or more.

If you're playing with a good team you can easily get more than 3k a match. I'm trying to play HW to get the gen and coop achievements as well.

My word. We will take PAX!

HaloGAF members attending:
Barrow Roll
Das Kalk
Deadly Cyclone
Devin Olsen
Domino Theory
Duji
GhaleonEB
heckfu
Hypertrooper
Louis Wu
mastrbiggy
Metroidvania
Mr Greencastle
ncsuDuncan
Nutter
Sai-kun
Slaker117
Sofa King
Tashi
wwm0nkey
-Yeti

a zoojoo

Banned
New username...get!

ibbLdVI55qb9O6.gif

Sort of aimed at Frank O'Ellis, but could 343 talk about their plans for Halo 4 post launch support sometime? Mainly about playlist management. Either in a bulletin, podcast, maybe even here?

Im assuming they've learned a few things from Reach and they won't be crunching on Halo 5. At least not initially.

To put things in perspective, Bungie always said they learned from the previous games MM and they made a lot of the same mistakes in the next game.

I've said this before, but there is nothing 343 can really say to reassure me about MM, I'll have to see the execution myself before I believe that they can handle playlists well.
New username...get!

youredoingitwrong.gif

I just wanted to post that GIF, it means nothing.

Woorloog

Banned
I have a question... If you ever decide to change your avatar, does GAF explode?

Why are you using Homeboyd's name? Who are you?

EDIT this is kinda the reason i want to use the EMP medal on my avatar's if possible...
EDIT still need to request username change to Empyrus. Still haven't gotten around doing that and been planning that since... April?

My word. We will take PAX!

HaloGAF members attending:
Barrow Roll
Das Kalk
Deadly Cyclone
Devin Olsen
Domino Theory
Duji <- I do not know who that guy is.
GhaleonEB
heckfu
Hypertrooper
Louis Wu
mastrbiggy
Metroidvania
Mr Greencastle
ncsuDuncan
Nutter
Sai-kun
Slaker117 <- I do not know who that guy is.
Sofa King <- I do not know who that guy is.
Tashi <- Tashi is coming? Do not lie to me. My heart cannot bear it.
wwm0nkey
-Yeti
Pretty big list.

GhaleonEB

I can't get myself to care about MP achievements. I tend to really go for the ones in Campaign and Firefight where all the variables around getting them are under my control, and it's just a matter of challenge or execution (that leaping off the cliff assassination one aside). But the MP ones have been so badly thought out, and so poor implemented in matchmaking from a feasibility standpoint, that they're not tempting to me at all.

I hope Halo 4 has no MP achievements. If there are any, set them as goals for progression or specializations or whatever, and use the Challenge system for MP goal setting.

For the PAX list, we need to figure out who is arriving Thursday night; I'm going to book a night Thursday for pre-PAX shenanegans.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm not coming :(

Duncan and Domino will attempt a huge HaloGAF Radio party/podcast so I think all who are going should try to get in on that. So when I listen to it, it will seem like I'm there with you guys :(

/drama

Woorloog

Banned
I hope Halo 4 has no MP achievements. If there are any, set them as goals for progression or specializations or whatever, and use the Challenge system for MP goal setting.

Indeed, MP achievements suck.
I'm fine with Spartan Ops or Campaign Co-op achievements, even if they're like Vidmasters (Endure etc) but competitive matchmaking achivements? No thanks.

My flight is Friday morning, maybe I can change it to Thursday afternoon, but my hotel booking isn't until 12pm Friday. Blargh.
I can't get myself to care about MP achievements. I tend to really go for the ones in Campaign and Firefight where all the variables around getting them are under my control, and it's just a matter of challenge or execution (that leaping off the cliff assassination one aside). But the MP ones have been so badly thought out, and so poor implemented in matchmaking from a feasibility standpoint, that they're not tempting to me at all.

For the PAX list, we need to figure out who is arriving Thursday night; I'm going to book a night Thursday for pre-PAX shenanegans.

Too many of the mp achievements in Halo 3 and Reach required a lot of luck. It wasn't entirely dependent on players actions, you had to be fortunate enough to get the right map and right game type. That was my issue.

GhaleonEB

Too many of the mp achievements in Halo 3 and Reach required a lot of luck. It wasn't entirely dependent on players actions, you had to be fortunate enough to get the right map and right game type. That was my issue.

Agree. Maybe I wasn't clear, but that's exactly what I thought I was saying.

Woorloog

Banned

Fucking 2 for 1.
Seriously. The chances of getting two enemies in line with your laser shot... not good.

That said, getting it was pretty epic.
This one time, i jumped down from the second level on construct right on top of the laser, take it, start charging it and turn around... the beam fires when i've turned 180 degrees and spears two guys fighting in the middle of the lowest level.

TCKaos

Anyone want to do achievements tonight? i need the defiant flag one and the headhunter one.

4PXTi.png

Sure. I still have some Anniversary ones I should work on. Pretty sure they're the Warthog flipping one on the Maw, beating the Library without dying, and the one where I can't kill Grunts on Two Betrayals.

If we're achievement hunting tonight, I'll join. I still need:

Candy From a Baby
Paper Beats Rock
Stick it to the Man!

I wish I didn't have to cheat to get them, but the playlist update is going to make them almost impossible to obtain.

Edit: Also, for the last few days I (and fracas and kitten, iirc) haven't been getting notifications over XBL when people log in or start playing the same game as me. Anyone else have this happening to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom