• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

I hope Halo 4 has no MP achievements. If there are any, set them as goals for progression or specializations or whatever, and use the Challenge system for MP goal setting.

For H4 I am going to keep notifications off & try to ignore all the achievements, at least until my first campaign playthrough is done. I liked the Reach list but felt that going for achievements altered my first playthrough too much.

More and more I'm a fan of having the bulk of achievements be secret. It's pretty cool to just be playing, do something crazy or whatever, and have an achievement pop.

Whoops, updated the PAX list (HaloGAF.com/PAX bookmark it, scrubs!). Removed Tashi :( and added AngelicLionheart. (If anyone else needs to be added or removed, let me know.)

Speaking of PAX, we should probably start planning a HaloGAF meetup.

Here's my schedule so far:
FRI - 10:00am - Rush to the Halo 4 booth on the show floor. (Assuming there is one, lol.)
FRI - 1:00pm - 2:00pm - Rooster Teeth panel
SAT - 10:00am - Rush to the Halo 4 booth on the show floor. Again.
SAT - 2:00pm - 4:00pm - Halo: Reach tournament
SAT - 5:30pm - 6:30pm - Halo Reborn (Halo 4 panel)
SUN - 10:00am - Rush to the Black Ops 2 booth on the show floor, make an obscene gesture, then continue rushing to the Halo 4 booth.
SUN - 4:00pm - 5:00pm - Inside Gearbox Software

I'm sure I'll add to that, but those are my biggest interests. I imagine there will be a few other community events/meetups that we'll need to plan around (e.g. HBO).

I'm up for hanging out Thursday, Monday, and Tuesday as well. I'll arrive in Seattle at midnight on Wednesday night and I'll be staying until Tuesday evening.

Also: I currently only have a hotel reserved for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night (a mere block from the convention center). If anyone has extra room for Wednesday, Sunday, or Monday night, I'm up for sharing the cost. (Otherwise I think I'll just stay at a super cheap place further away or use that airbnb.com site Wu posted.)

----
HaloGAF Meetup - Multiple meetups would be great. We just need to pick a firm time and place for at least one.
Friday lunch before Rooster Teeth? Or Friday dinner?
Do we want to do a Saturday lunch before the Reach tournament?
Or Saturday dinner after the Halo 4 panel?
Sunday?

I'm sure Seattle locals can weigh in on the best location.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - I added a comments section to the HaloGAF.com/PAX page, so if we want to move discussion there we can do so. That way it doesn't get buried in the normal HaloGAF talk (and we don't bug everyone that isn't going).

Gazzawa

Got HaloGaf tshirt the one by sltpoison. The fabric for the baseball t is quite thin which is an issue if u live in Ireland. Can't wait to wear this is aus. Yeah buddy!

For H4 I am going to keep notifications off & try to ignore all the achievements, at least until my first campaign playthrough is done. I liked the Reach list but felt that going for achievements altered my first playthrough too much.

More and more I'm a fan of having the bulk of achievements be secret. It's pretty cool to just be playing, do something crazy or whatever, and have an achievement pop.
I am trying to get rid of the achievements urge. They are influencing my play behavior too much.

Duncan's PAX Prime 2012 adventure (plan)!
Personally I think that we could meet up at 9am, get in the line and rush to the Halo 4 booth together. In addition I am for dinner after the RT panel.

Akai__

If we're achievement hunting tonight, I'll join. I still need:

Candy From a Baby
Paper Beats Rock
Stick it to the Man!

I wish I didn't have to cheat to get them, but the playlist update is going to make them almost impossible to obtain.

Edit: Also, for the last few days I (and fracas and kitten, iirc) haven't been getting notifications over XBL when people log in or start playing the same game as me. Anyone else have this happening to them?

Got a credit ban today, because I boosted 2 or 3 of them. :lol

And to answer your edited question. Yes, I have the same problem and my friends in the party (right now) have them, too.

Same here. Are you guys new dash? Im not but i never get notifications at all anymore.

No XXX is online
No achievements

The only thing i do get is "controller disconnected.

I don't have the new dash, but fracas does. I get achievement and invite notifications, but nothing else.

Got a credit ban today, because I boosted 2 or 3 of them. :lol

And to answer your edited question. Yes, I have the same problem and my friends in the party (right now) have them, too.

That's so weird, I wonder what the cause of this is.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'd go for dinner Friday. Have dinner plans Saturday already. Got to get Frank and David out for one of these.

Maybe even breakfast Friday, then go get in line together?

Hey make sure you guys bring cameras and video cameras. We want that shit!

This bad boy is waiting for me at home.
The-actual-Exciting-Technologies-associated-with-Cannon-EOS-Digital-rebel-T3i.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAi2QIq1SUs

Hey make sure you guys bring cameras and video cameras. We want that shit!

My biggest regret for PAX East was not getting pics/video of the HaloGAF meeting. Too busy eating pizza.

I'll do better this time. Might even see if HaloGAF Radio can become a video-podcast for one episode. :) Figuring out my equipment loadout now. I'd even like to interview any 343 devs I come across (that are willing and have the time, of course).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
My biggest regret for PAX East was not getting pics/video of the HaloGAF meeting. Too busy eating pizza.

I'll do better this time. Might even see if HaloGAF Radio can become a video-podcast for one episode. :) Figuring out my equipment loadout now. I'd even like to interview any 343 devs I come across (that are willing and have the time, of course).

Ohhhh shit. Video podcast would solve the whole mic issue wouldn't it? And you could just cut the audio and throw it on iTunes later. My god you're a genius!

Oh god, :lol

Good luck getting Infection in the Anni FFA playlist.

I went in solo last night and got it like 4 out of 8 games.. and I still couldn't get the damned achievement, people kept quitting. =/

I like how the Sniper Rifle on that figure is based on an already outdated model.

Its not a huge difference, but that is pretty funny how that ended up working out.

Anyone want to do achievements tonight? i need the defiant flag one and the headhunter one.

I'd be up for it, I only need the Infect 3 people on a anniversary map achievement.

I should mention that there is like a 50% chance that I'll be able to make it to PAX this year. Reason being is that I recently got a new job (yay!) and that the time that I will be taking off is during a week long Labor Day event that no one can take off. I told my manager that I already booked my flight, but he has to figure stuff out to [hopefully] allow me to go. I will probably know this Wednesday if I can go or not.

If I can't go to PAX, I'd be willing to sell my PAX tickets to a HaloGaffer who would really like to go. :)

EDIT: Duncan, contact Barrow Roll or wwm0nkey for hotel info. I'm sure it'll be fine for you to stay a couple nights if you need to. I believe the room is booked from Thursday to Monday.

senador

Banned
Same here. Are you guys new dash? Im not but i never get notifications at all anymore.

No XXX is online
No achievements

The only thing i do get is "controller disconnected.

I don't know about achievement notifications since I haven't gotten an achievement lately, but happening to me too, not on new dash beta. A friend and I both noticed the other night while playing together. It doesn't seem to happen with all people though, just when certain ones sign on.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Depending on how tired of meeting with you guys my other friends are :)P) I should be down for a podcast too. Should do it after the Halo 4 panel.

feel

Hopefully some junior will be in uber tryhard mode and keep us constantly updated with his pax adventure, and come back with a ton of video footage. Regulars never give a fuck about us entitled bums who don't get to go.

Sort of aimed at Frank O'Ellis, but could 343 talk about their plans for Halo 4 post launch support sometime? Mainly about playlist management. Either in a bulletin, podcast, maybe even here?

Im assuming they've learned a few things from Reach and they won't be crunching on Halo 5. At least not initially.
It's not bad playlist management for them if they don't ever admit it. They can just keep on sucking at it forever.

I really hated the beginning of the final level for quite some time because that stupid "Your Heresy Will Stay Your Feet" (that was the name of it, right?) achievement wouldn't unlock after the 100th time because of the stupid sprint glitch thingy...

Hopefully some junior will be in uber tryhard more and keep us constantly updated with his pax adventure, and come back with a ton of video footage. Regulars never give a fuck about us entitled bums who don't get to go.

My previous cell phone (Droid Incredible) had a shitty, shitty, godawful battery. I'd have to charge it during panels just to keep it from dying while I refreshed Twitter and texted to keep track of meetups/plans.

My new phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII) should be much better, meaning I'll actually have the spare power to keep GAF updated (and upload pics on 4G).

neoism

Sort of aimed at Frank O'Ellis, but could 343 talk about their plans for Halo 4 post launch support sometime? Mainly about playlist management. Either in a bulletin, podcast, maybe even here?

Im assuming they've learned a few things from Reach and they won't be crunching on Halo 5. At least not initially.

meh seeing the last few months of Reach, and it not being updated... if they are going to do a game every 2 years seems like they just quit careing about Reach. I know at most 200k people play it at one time. Probably more, but compared to halo 3 Reach wasn't taken care of as much as it should have been. so meh not expecting much.... by late 13 after all the map pack are out......... they just put all their efford to H5. :/

Tawpgun

Camera shoots 1080p @30fps, but you can tweak the format settings to get a faux 60fps.
30 fps wow. Good enough^tm

imo we should move PAX prime to Boston and then make PAX West in the spring.

I hope 343 come to PAX east with something. Maybe a map pack preview. East coast needs some luvin.

What kind of memory card you going to be rocking with it?
32gbx2 Transcend flash class 10.

Man, I really wish I had saved up a bit more and went with that camera.. I have a Rebel, but not one that shoots video. Ah well.

I went just under half with my Dad. Technically it is his, but he is only going to use it when he goes to sporting events, which is like once a month.

How good is it in low light conditions?

I have yet to use it, but from some sample videos I have seen it seems to do just fine. Not incredible, but it will do just fine. Was thinking of purchasing a mic for it, but that is another $300. Eh...

My previous cell phone (Droid Incredible) had a shitty, shitty, godawful battery. I'd have to charge it during panels just to keep it from dying while I refreshed Twitter and texted to keep track of meetups/plans.

My new phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII) should be much better, meaning I'll actually have the spare power to keep GAF updated (and upload pics on 4G).
Same exact situation at SDCC with my Lumia.

I should probably get a 2nd battery.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hopefully some junior will be in uber tryhard more and keep us constantly updated with his pax adventure, and come back with a ton of video footage. Regulars never give a fuck about us entitled bums who don't get to go.

Hey, in 2010 I used my lowly Droid X to film an entire match of Reach in full HD and uploaded it up to you all. :p

I'll have a full camera this year (older than Biggy's) on loan from my father who owns those sort of things. I'll get some photos too.

Sai-kun

Banned
Seattle is only two weeks awayyyy I can't believe it. I'm not gonna have time to do everything though :( aaahhhh. I wanna stay forever.

Homeboyd

This entity is known as "Drankie."

heckfu

Banned
I've seen at least one request for Drunkfu on the podcast. Frankly, I'm offended that is what people associate me with and I won't stand for it anymore.

But seriously, I would love to laugh all the way through a video podcast a la the Morgan Freeman bit at the end of 2 podcasts ago. I can't help I'm a giggle box.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
All I want is Hypertrooper dancing gif in a THC shirt.

Speaking of THC Shirt, mine has a rip under the collar in the front. I don't know where it came from. It was like someone took a knife to it. It's barely noticeable so I still wear it lol

Ohhhh shit. Video podcast would solve the whole mic issue wouldn't it? And you could just cut the audio and throw it on iTunes later. My god you're a genius!

If we do a video podcast we'll still use normal mics, I don't trust the quality of a camera mic. If I bring my laptop I think I can figure out a setup that will let me record with at least 3 mics, so we can pass a couple around.

I'm going to research this a little more. Maybe I should buy a mixer.

My list of luggage for PAX is growing. :p

someone link the site, I don't know what the url is.
sltpoison's shirt:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/sltpoison/works/9181891-halogaf-logo-final-black

There are more if you browse Poison's page there.

Letters' shirt:

http://neogaf.spreadshirt.com/letters-01-aa-A7906270/customize/color/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom