• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bad boy is waiting for me at home.
The-actual-Exciting-Technologies-associated-with-Cannon-EOS-Digital-rebel-T3i.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAi2QIq1SUs

Judging from the 60D, the sound quality (recording) on that should be modest at the very least.

We could just get someone with audacity or something equal and a laptop to do a separate audio bit and sync them up together.
That would be preferable yes, but what I was trying to say (sorry, wasn't being too clear) was that if you can't do anything like that, the sound quality that thing records in is most definitely workable. I mean, comparably, it won't be an SM58 microphone, certainly, but its quality shouldn't be bad. You guys should be satisfied overall with any product you end up with.

Edit:
I feel like playing some halo 3, anyone wanna join me in 30 mins?
I can, but I'm going to have to take a call that's coming sometime within the next couple of hours, so either I'll have to stop talking or I'll have to stop playing.

If we do a video podcast we'll still use normal mics, I don't trust the quality of a camera mic. If I bring my laptop I think I can figure out a setup that will let me record with at least 3 mics, so we can pass a couple around.

I'm going to research this a little more. Maybe I should buy a mixer.

My list of luggage for PAX is growing. :p

sltpoison's shirt:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/sltpoison/works/9181891-halogaf-logo-final-black

There are more if you browse Poison's page there.

Letters' shirt:

http://neogaf.spreadshirt.com/letters-01-aa-A7906270/customize/color/2
Thanks for the links.

Does someone have a mixer that we could use?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Achievement hunting today? I can play, if needed. Post here or send a message to me on Live (GT is same as my GAF name) whenever you guys want to play.

Outside of that, I'll probably be fueling my addiction to Black Ops and packing for college.

Sorry, I missed this post.
I'm going to research this a little more. Maybe I should buy a mixer.

I will be shocked if you can find a good mixer for a reasonably low price. If you do, pass along your findings to me! This is the mixer I have used most often, but it's price tag obviously makes it out of the question. And it eats batteries. I don't know if that's true of all mixers, but it's something you should prepare for.

But, again, if you guys DO a video podcast, and if you have to use the 600D's microphone, you should end up with a satisfactory result on the sound quality. But maybe you guys shouldn't give too much weight to what I'm saying because it's really only conjecture from my experience with the 60D's sound recording.

Blueblur1

With GamesCom happening this week, I started thinking about Halo 3's GamesCom presence. Back then H3 was about a month away from launch and Bungie was demoing Tsavo Highway to the media. I remember Gamersyde put up the demonstration video where this gem came from:

DoomHand.gif

Fast forward to August 2012 and we haven't even seen any Halo 4 campaign bits other than the gameplay bit from E3. 343 really is holding H4 to their chest. Crazy.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
With GamesCom happening this week, I started thinking about Halo 3's GamesCom presence. Back then H3 was about a month away from launch and Bungie was demoing Tsavo Highway to the media. I remember Gamersyde put up the demonstration video where this gem came from:

Fast forward to August 2012 and we haven't even seen any Halo 4 campaign bits other than the gameplay bit from E3. 343 really is holding H4 to their chest. Crazy.

So by your count we don't need to show campaign again until October. Thanks!

GhaleonEB

Hah, I remember that .gif. Great times; seeing the Tsavo Highway and Forge/Saved Films demo at the Seattle IMAX theater was an incredible experience.

I'm glad they're holding Halo 4's campaign so closely; I'm fine with not seeing on iota more of it.
So by your count we don't need to show campaign again until November. Thanks!

Fixed. :)

nillapuddin

This is how much control over not looking at leaks today

"NEVER!!"

This is how much control when the leaks exist

"MUUUSTT WATCHH"

p.s.

Yes please, complete and utter darkness on campaign

I'm glad they're holding Halo 4's campaign so closely; I'm fine with not seeing on iota more of it.
Same here. Gimme all the multiplayer info, but I'm absolutely fine with hearing nothing about campaign (and to a lesser degree SpOps, since they're apparently so story driven).

If anyone wants to play some FF Doubles with me tonight, feel free to hit me up. I'm going to miss that playlist. :-(

Unfortunately Halo 3 did not have a GamesCom presence. It was the GamesConvention back then.

DeadNames

Banned
Yeah, no campaign spoilers until launch.

I was bittersweet about the Prometheans being shown at E3.. Wanted to keep it a surprise. I was blown away, nonetheless.

a zoojoo

Banned
Same here. Gimme all the multiplayer info, but I'm absolutely fine with hearing nothing about campaign (and to a lesser degree SpOps, since they're apparently so story driven).

If anyone wants to play some FF Doubles with me tonight, feel free to hit me up. I'm going to miss that playlist. :-(

I think it would be cool to see one SpOps cutscene and mission played through direct feed, like what they did with campaign at E3, but other than that, go dark.

DoomHand.gif

I like how the Wraith shot is synced with the hand waving. Makes it look like the man just waves away the Chief's life. lol

Hmm, okay so I think we can do a badass HaloGAF Radio video podcast with just the following:

My camcorder with one mic plugged in.
My laptop with Audacity and a headphone splitter for two more mics.
biggy's camera recording ambient sound

That's two camera angles with three mics we can pass around. Later I can sync up the audio/video, match the volume levels between inputs as best as I can, then run the audio through The Levelator® to balance everyone's speaking volume. (Program works like magic.)

Thoughts? This might turn out pretty well.

Hmm, okay so I think we can do a badass HaloGAF Radio video podcast with just the following:

My camcorder with one mic plugged in.
My laptop with Audacity and a headphone splitter for two more mics.
biggy's camera recording ambient sound

That's two camera angles with three mics we can pass around. Later I can sync up the audio/video, match the volumes levels between inputs as best as I can, then run the audio through The Levellator to balance everyone's speaking volume. (Program works like magic.)

Thoughts? This might turn out pretty well.
Ep. 7 is and was a good listen. Digged the Dub tracks in between the podcast. Commentary is enjoyable. @HaloGAF Radio Videocast sounds awesome, tbh. :)

So by your count we don't need to show campaign again until October. Thanks!

Not until November 6th IMO.. Well, make a definitive SP trailer and then call it at that. Use the MP and maybe a little SP Ops footage for the most part when it comes to showing new stuff.

Although, maybe showing off some SP screens and renders may be appropriate..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom