• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBig

My word. We will take PAX!

HaloGAF members attending:
Barrow Roll
Das Kalk
Deadly Cyclone
Devin Olsen
Domino Theory
Duji
GhaleonEB
heckfu
Hypertrooper
Louis Wu
mastrbiggy
Metroidvania
Mr Greencastle
ncsuDuncan
Nutter
Sai-kun
Slaker117
Sofa King
Tashi
wwm0nkey
-Yeti

I would have gotten a ticket had I known I would be flying to the west coast this month. Too late now :/

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hmm, okay so I think we can do a badass HaloGAF Radio video podcast with just the following:

My camcorder with one mic plugged in.
My laptop with Audacity and a headphone splitter for two more mics.
biggy's camera recording ambient sound

That's two camera angles with three mics we can pass around. Later I can sync up the audio/video, match the volume levels between inputs as best as I can, then run the audio through The Levelator® to balance everyone's speaking volume. (Program works like magic.)

Thoughts? This might turn out pretty well.

I would say, schedule this ahead of time and get as many people to show up as possible. If you can, just keep shit recording so capture any amazing moments and then edit it later. Also, booze.

Finally. After 3 days of uploading and re-uploading. Barnyard internet is worse than no internet.

Anyway, just edited old footage together to make a sort of "Adventures of the Infinity" vid for prospective soldiers that glorifies UNSC service, somewhat like those USMC videos. Took me about 1.5hrs and it was mostly trying to get the audio working. I eventually separated the audio entirely and added it game audio back before finalizing. At some points it is a little off. When I get back to the U.S. I'll probably clean it up in Final Cut.

http://youtu.be/9xbV7vRgYrI

This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

:(

I'm in the US btw.

I think it would be cool to see one SpOps cutscene and mission played through direct feed, like what they did with campaign at E3, but other than that, go dark.
I just don't want to be able to study a youtube clip and figure out how to take on a ProKnight before I ever get to encounter one on my own. One of my biggest joys in gaming is going in barely knowing anything about what's going on beforehand. Bioshock and Portal come to mind, along with the first Halo.

Being a Halo fan is a double-edged sword sometimes. I'm always eager to hear new tidbits of information, but sometimes I hear/see stuff I really wish I didn't. Willpower, how does that shit work?

a zoojoo

Banned
Not until November 6th IMO.. Well, make a definitive SP trailer and then call it at that. Use the MP and maybe a little SP Ops footage for the most part when it comes to showing new stuff.

Although, maybe showing off some SP screens and renders may be appropriate..

I think if they want to go ahead and make a campaign trailer, they should go ahead and do it. I personally don't need one.

However, if they will, they shouldn't reveal any major plot points (in context), they could have lines from in-game cutscenes, and some action shots, some shots from cutscenes and call it a day. Nothing that includes a major revelution.

I used to be pretty bad with spoilers before going to see/play the actual movie/game, but i stayed dark until I went to see The Dark Knight Rises, and it payed off spectacularly

This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Got that too.

mikeysft pls.

Hmm, okay so I think we can do a badass HaloGAF Radio video podcast with just the following:

My camcorder with one mic plugged in.
My laptop with Audacity and a headphone splitter for two more mics.
biggy's camera recording ambient sound

That's two camera angles with three mics we can pass around. Later I can sync up the audio/video, match the volumes levels between inputs as best as I can, then run the audio through The Levellator to balance everyone's speaking volume. (Program works like magic.)

Thoughts? This might turn out pretty well.
Are you guys recording outside or inside? What kind of microphones do you have? Does anyone have lavs?

You should do some testing with biggy's 600D and see if you like the sound quality on that. If not, I'd opt for recording the ambient sound (or room tone if you're inside) with one of the microphones that's brought along.

If it's outside, do you have a deadcat (or something like it) for your microphone? Does anyone else? You'll probably have to deal with some wind.

L1NETT

Finally. After 3 days of uploading and re-uploading. Barnyard internet is worse than no internet.

Anyway, just edited old footage together to make a sort of "Adventures of the Infinity" vid for prospective soldiers that glorifies UNSC service, somewhat like those USMC videos. Took me about 1.5hrs and it was mostly trying to get the audio working. I eventually separated the audio entirely and added the game audio back before finalizing. At some points it is a little off. When I get back to the U.S. I'll probably clean it up in Final Cut.

http://youtu.be/9xbV7vRgYrI

Very nice vid Biggy :)

What song is it? (sorry if stupid question)

Edit: It works in the UK.

Blueblur1

So by your count we don't need to show campaign again until October. Thanks!
That's not the response I was looking for. :p
Hah, I remember that .gif. Great times; seeing the Tsavo Highway and Forge/Saved Films demo at the Seattle IMAX theater was an incredible experience.

I'm glad they're holding Halo 4's campaign so closely; I'm fine with not seeing on iota more of it.

Fixed. :)
I'm fine with not seeing campaign; I want to e surprised by the plot twists, characters, locales, etc. But I'm dying for more MP and features information. Where's our Theater mode info? What about web functionality? Will it be improved? Will we have access to more detailed stats? Those questions can be answered while keeping campaign super secret.
Unfortunately Halo 3 did not have a GamesCom presence. It was the GamesConvention back then.
You are absolutely correct. I made the error since I was in a hurry and checking everything from my phone.
I like how the Wraith shot is synced with the hand waving. Makes it look like the man just waves away the Chief's life. lol
That's why it's a gem. It's Brian Jarrard's hand actually. Sucks that he left Bungie and hasn't shown up anywhere. I hope he's doing well.

I wish I was going with you guys to PAX just so I could help record the sound for this video podcast. I could have rented out a sound mixer and a microphone.

Ugh. That's more fun I'm missing out on.

Are you guys recording outside or inside? What kind of microphones do you have? Does anyone have lavs?

You should do some testing with biggy's 60D and see if you like the sound quality on that. If not, I'd opt for recording the ambient sound (or room tone if you're inside) with one of the microphones that's brought along.

If it's outside, do you have a deadcat (or something like it) for your microphone? Does anyone else? You'll probably have to deal with some wind.

I'm sure we'll be recording indoors, either in an unused convention center room or in my hotel (which is just one block away).

I have two lavs. I figured we'd use biggy's camera for ambient sounds because I assume it doesn't have an input for an external mic.

Attention everyone else: Do NOT do a google search for "deadcat". I am an idiot. Learn from my mistakes.

TheOddOne

Anyway, just edited old footage together to make a sort of "Adventures of the Infinity" vid for prospective soldiers that glorifies UNSC service, somewhat like those USMC videos. Took me about 1.5hrs and it was mostly trying to get the audio working. I eventually separated the audio entirely and added the game audio back before finalizing. At some points it is a little off. When I get back to the U.S. I'll probably clean it up in Final Cut.
I like this video better. Dat spawn.

GhaleonEB

My current PAX panel plans:

PAX.png

Leaving lots of room for wandering the show floor and and hopefully hanging out with folks. I'm taking my kids this year - one at a time into the show - so I'll have them in tow at various times, and all three girls to wander downtown and the non-badged part of the PAX center so they can soak up the wonderful weirdness.

I'm fine with not seeing campaign; I want to e surprised by the plot twists, characters, locales, etc. But I'm dying for more MP and features information. Where's our Theater mode info? What about web functionality? Will it be improved? Will we have access to more detailed stats? Those questions can be answered while keeping campaign super secret.

Yeah, there's a wide swath of non-Campaign information missing in action. 343 can be cranking out the goodness for quite a while without touching it. That's my hope.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Today's the last day to enter the MLG/Madcatz contest to win an MLG Pro Circuit Controller. Just discovered this now.

https://www.facebook.com/mlgpro?ref=stream&sk=app_267208676728219

US Only. I know HaloGAF has some good artist nerds. Only 12 submissions so far so I'm sure you guys will have a good chance.

edit: Also, apparently it's International Left Handers day. Any other lefties in here? I would imagine all the best players here are lefties :p

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
My current PAX panel plans:

PAX.png

Leaving lots of room for wandering the show floor and and hopefully hanging out with folks. I'm taking my kids this year - one at a time into the show - so I'll have them in tow at various times, and all three girls to wander downtown and the non-badged part of the PAX center so they can soak up the wonderful weirdness.

Cool deal Ghal.

I have a few more panels I'd like to see, but still less than 2010 when I went last.

Friday:
1-2pm - Double Fine Panel - Kraken Theater
4:30-5:30pm - Assassin's Creed 3 Panel - Main Theater
9-10pm - Giant Bomb Live

Saturday:
5:30-6:30pm - Halo Reborn

Sunday:
4-5pm - Gearbox Panel

Might check out the Reach tourney and some other panels (Walking Dead, Fortnite) too.

I think 343i/Microsoft tries to release big information stuff at big events. I think we can expect a lot of new information at PAX.

You are absolutely correct. I made the error since I was in a hurry and checking everything from my phone.
I just tried to be a smart ass.

a zoojoo

Banned
Today's the last day to enter the MLG/Madcatz contest to win an MLG Pro Circuit Controller. Just discovered this now.

US Only. I know HaloGAF has some good artist nerds. Only 12 submissions so far so I'm sure you guys will have a good chance.

edit: Also, apparently it's International Left Handers day. Any other lefties in here? I would imagine all the best players here are lefties :p

I'll give it a shot.

ZalinKrow

*raises hand* Awwh yeah. And I'm "Tier 1" to boot lol (admittedly probably due to BTB, but I'll take what I can haha) I had no idea there even was an International Left Hander's Day though :p

IHaveIce

Banned

I'm a lefty, but not near one of the best :J

Or...Universal Music Group are dicks. Pretty sure that's the likely issue from the error I got.

Is Blackstorm in charge of UMG?

In the mean time enjoy the Plywood edit. http://youtu.be/QNaGTg2u4nA

EDIT: I just ordered Sleeping Dogs, because what I played of it at SDCC was fun. It was like GTA mixed with Arkham Combat and Assassin Creed's environment and crowd navigation systems. Probably stream the game during the weekend.

Is Blackstorm in charge of UMG?

In the mean time enjoy the Plywood edit. http://youtu.be/QNaGTg2u4nA

EDIT: I just ordered Sleeping Dogs, because what I played of it at SDCC was fun. It was like GTA mixed with Arkham Combat and Assassin Creed's environment and crowd navigation systems. Probably stream the game during the weekend.

Most likely explanation. Seriously, I've read articles on how these auto-ban copyright algorithms work and it's truly broken and fucked up. But, it's the only way for YouTube to stay on the up-and-up without nonstop lawsuits and whatnot.

Enfinit

My word. We will take PAX!

HaloGAF members attending:
Barrow Roll
Das Kalk
Deadly Cyclone
Devin Olsen
Domino Theory
Duji
GhaleonEB
heckfu
Hypertrooper
Louis Wu
mastrbiggy
Metroidvania
Mr Greencastle
ncsuDuncan
Nutter
Sai-kun
Slaker117
Sofa King
Tashi
wwm0nkey
-Yeti
I believe GrimBrother One will be there as well.

wwm0nkey

That list needs to be edited, I'm out due to problems that are out of my hands :(

Hope all of you guys have a great time at PAX though and if they are selling Didact shirts someone better get me one!

I believe GrimBrother One will be there as well.

I believe Stinklez and lybertyboy will be there as well, but out of courtesy I only put people on the list that ask to be on it.

Besides, Grim and Rukizzel will be attached at the hip once they're both in the same place. :p

That list needs to be edited, I'm out due to problems that are out of my hands :(

Hope all of you guys have a great time at PAX though and if they are selling Didact shirts someone better get me one!

:( Dang, sorry. Remind me about the shirt when we're closer to PAX and I'll keep an eye out.

I was looking forward to hanging out with you again. If there are any I will definitely grab one of you. Remind me closer to PAX in case I forget. If you still have my # text me, though my phone is being repaired atm, but obviously I'll have it at pax.

Wow, Duncan...GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

wwm0nkey

I was looking forward to hanging out with you again. If there are any I will definitely grab one of you. Remind me closer to PAX in case I forget. If you still have my # text me, though my phone is being repaired atm, but obviously I'll have it at pax.

Yeah I know it sucks but my mom got pretty sick so there isnt much I can do about it. Also I should still have your number I believe.

I should be good for next year though and since I couldn't get a SDCC 13 badge ACEN and PAX is all I am doing.

Gazzawa

When did you order it and how long did it take to arrive? I want to order a shirt, but I don't know if I'll receive it before PAX, and that $30 price tag is a bit outrageous for a T-shirt....
Ordered it the 3rd of this month and it came today. I live in Ireland. It was fast. Yeah price is a bit high. This one is really light weight material. I got one for Zalinkrow too which is the color of my Cheesehead but it's a standard tshirt and the logo looks nice on it. If money is tight don't bother.

Portugeezer

With the Infinity thing, do you think the Halo 4 menu will be almost in first person, kind of like Dirt 2?

I think that would be pretty cool, even if not in first person, just kind of sweeping through the infinity as you go through the menu.

Yeah I know it sucks but my mom got pretty sick so there isnt much I can do about it. Also I should still have your number I believe.

I should be good for next year though and since I couldn't get a SDCC 13 badge ACEN and PAX is all I am doing.

I'm sorry, I hope everything is ok.

nillapuddin

Alright dudes, got a 16 hour drive tomorrow followed by a 10 hour drive the next day. Need quality Halo related listening material, suggestions?

i say go for cryptum/primoridum and ghosts of onyx/glasslands

I have a 6 hour drive up/down to tallahassee every break and its been my favorite part of the year recently with the books coming out past year-ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom