• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you guys get me all excited for an expo not by talking about Halo but audio equipment.

In terms of basic recording I've always sworn by Zooms with two inputs, since sync sound is trivially easy these days.

Hell yeah, man. I feel awesome about having some meaningful advice to give to help out the podcast and HaloGAF specifically.

If I am giving out some good advice. I hope I am. I really, really want to go to PAX right now to record the audio for the video podcast more than anything else I would potentially do at PAX, haha.

:(

DesertFox

Some of these guys still play (I do):

HaloGAF

Thanks for the link - I'll keep my eyes peeled for people playing titles.

Play...Halo!?

frank_exit.gif

I mean, some people here play Reach for whatever reason, but that's not even close to the same thing

You mean, "The definitive Halo, made by the people who created Halo"....

I still cant believe how badly they handled Halo 3 matchmaking. Playlist management ruined the online side of that game, I remember now why I only played customs lol.

MLG games where pretty damn fun though Over!

Would you guys be interested in me making some little HaloGAF album thing? Other people are free to help. Just a few ideas:

1. Opening (Choral riff of "Youuuuuu're so fuuucking good at halo")
2. It Only Does Bitching (Main Theme)
3. Ghostly Ghaleon (Trent Reznor-styled ethereal synth that uses cutscenes soundbytes)
4. Oddball Swordbase (???)

a zoojoo

Banned
Would you guys be interested in me making some little HaloGAF album thing? Other people are free to help. Just a few ideas:

1. Opening (Choral riff of "Youuuuuu're so fuuucking good at halo")
2. It Only Does Bitching (Main Theme)
3. Ghostly Ghaleon (Trent Reznor-styled ethereal synth that uses cutscenes soundbytes)
4. Oddball Swordbase (???)
5. what's a zoojoo (heavy techno remix of peril with caboose and mastur ch33f soundbytes)
6. 1st Movement of the HaloGAF Tournament (Team Warwood Theme)
7. Armor Lockers, Bass Droppers (Dubstep remix of Uphill, Both Ways with people raging in the background)

Plus these. And yes.

I would consider you not posting for 1 hour a full blown retirement.

I've not posted for more than an hour before. :p

Invasion was poorly implemented.

Balanced and managed even worse. Changed so little that should have been changed.

Expanded even worse. We got one Invasion DLC map? Breakpoint? Which was bad.

It had a huge effect on BTB maps that were Invasion maps but were shoehorned into BTB. What I mean is the BTB maps that were Invasion maps were bad, really bad, Boneyard and Spire specifically go mostly unused during BTB games.

Basically Reach BTB would have been much better if Reach didnt have Invasion.

Oh yea and all that Elite vs Spartan differentiation, waste of time, resources, and it wasnt fun.

Balanced and managed even worse. Changed so little that should have been changed.

It had a huge effect on BTB maps that were Invasion maps but were shoehorned into BTB. What I mean is the BTB maps that were Invasion maps were bad, really bad, Boneyard and Spire specifically go mostly unused during BTB games.

Basically Reach BTB would have been much better if Reach didnt have Invasion.

Oh yea and all that Elite vs Spartan differentiation, waste of time, resources, and it wasnt fun.

Plus the extra health the elites have compared to spartans caused all the covenant weapons to be nerfed, rendering them all pretty much useless in multiplayer outside of invasion.

Ken

Basically Reach BTB would have been much better if Reach didnt have Invasion

Invasion failed because it's just bite-sized Team Objective game types smushed into a single game type rather than being something completely new, IMO.

Woorloog

Banned
Invasion concept is good.
The rest... just no no no.
Invasion is something that should be made into a spin-off Halo game with proper focus and scale, not shoehorned into a normal Halo game.

Also, i should not listen to World of Warcraft music. Want to go back...

TCKaos

Am I the only one who actually likes invasion?

Invasion is my favorite addition to Reach. I wish it was more fleshed out, though. I really wish that the Covenant weapons weren't nerfed to hell, too. Had there been more maps and more variety in objectives it would have been an amazing gametype.

Also, Green and Purple teams. Why did we go back to Red and Blue teams if Invasion was supposed to be something more in the fiction?

Also, why aren't there any SPARTAN vs Elite gametypes in that playlist? They should really add SvE CTF, Assault and Territories.

Too bad there are no good maps for any of those gametypes in Reach.

I like invasion but the whole concept of "even player base-wide balance" sort of fucked it over. I think if we got the perks the AI did such as unlimited ammo, but at the expense of getting to play as multiple species an invasion game type could work. You'd just have to set guidelines, for example having people spawn as crawlers, upgrade (in-match, not the level system) to prom knights, limit 1 prom knight per 3 crawlers, watchers are just battle bros, etc.

Ken

I would have liked Invasion to be something like...

Have a central lane that's really big and fit for vehicular combat, with several zones to capture that would unlock resources like weapons and vehicles to let you push towards the base. This is where most of the team will be. You get a mix of BTB Slayer and "objective" capturing.

Have side lanes that hold actual objectives for breaking into the enemy base or assisting the central lane (temporary auto-missile turrets, etc). People in the central lane can't shoot into side lanes but can walk in from the base. You can allocate maybe 1-2 members each here. No vehicles can really interfere in this area so it's mostly down to gun play.

So every lane has to do well for a game to in and hopefully get some back and forth going. If the central lane is doing well, the side lanes will have more resources for capturing objectives. If the side lane is doing poorly but your central lane is doing well, you still can't win the game because the enemy base won't be accessible. You could then divert Spartans to wherever is needed. In my own head, it lets every player shine a bit rather than the current Invasion where it's herp derp everyone rush the objective and die but oh wait this guy happened to stay behind and watch him capture the point all by himself tee hee OH DEAR BREAKPOINT BANSHEE SPAWN CAMPINGGGGG.

Crap.. Sorry I ditched you, Risen and others ... My connection crapped out and didn't turn back on. At least we most likely won :p

No worries, I had fun today, without even doing well personally.

We went through a lot in terms of conversation fodder.

Risen's dog, cats at the work place, gluten, WW2 etc.

Myyke

Neo Member
No worries, I had fun today, without even doing well personally.

Sounds like most nights then lolol!

Invasion is my favorite addition to Reach. I wish it was more fleshed out, though. I really wish that the Covenant weapons weren't nerfed to hell, too. Had there been more maps and more variety in objectives it would have been an amazing gametype.

Also, Green and Purple teams. Why did we go back to Red and Blue teams if Invasion was supposed to be something more in the fiction?

Also, why aren't there any SPARTAN vs Elite gametypes in that playlist? They should really add SvE CTF, Assault and Territories.

Too bad there are no good maps for any of those gametypes in Reach.

One of my favourite things about Invasion in the beta was the whole green Spartans vs purple Elites set up, which as you point out, made it seem more integrated into the fiction and story of the battle for Reach. I had some worries about how well Firefight was going to turn out after the Beta co-op networking test so foresaw myself spending alot of time in Invasion for my "in-universe fiction" multiplayer. I know it is a fairly minor thing, that didn't change the gameplay at all really, but I was disappointed when I discovered it had been changed to Red vs Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom