• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop shouting, just keep your voice down. There's two of us in here now, remember?
128763845613246685.jpg
Kojima is doing a panel at PAX apparently. Kind of interested, but more interested in spending all my time with 343/Bungie/community.

Say hi to bs angel for me.

Why not just say hi on twitter?

Where did you hear this? I must go...

https://twitter.com/Official_PAX/status/235108260695379968

a zoojoo

Banned

Kojima is doing a panel at PAX apparently. Kind of interested, but more interested in spending all my time with 343/Bungie/community.

Say hi to bs angel for me.

Shit you PAX guys definitely need to pick me up some swag. I will pay for it all and shipping. Shirts, stickers any of that shit. I love it lol

Crap, i didn't even think about that. I have very limited
no
swag.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Shit you PAX guys definitely need to pick me up some swag. I will pay for it all and shipping. Shirts, stickers any of that shit. I love it lol

Aggrotek

Add me to this list as well. I need more Halo shit. The wait for this game can only be made better with gifts!

I believe Stinklez and lybertyboy will be there as well, but out of courtesy I only put people on the list that ask to be on it.

Besides, Grim and Rukizzel will be attached at the hip once they're both in the same place. :p
Das Kalk is already on the list. He comes with free Rukizzel and GrimBrother1.

That list needs to be edited, I'm out due to problems that are out of my hands :(

Hope all of you guys have a great time at PAX though and if they are selling Didact shirts someone better get me one!
Woah shit. I was excited to meet you. :(

I am trying to get swag. For the EU guys.

Korosenai

I dont know if this has been brought up yet or not, but at 1:16 in the new Weapon Trailer, a bright light travels across the screen. Not sure what it could be.

Edit: Looks like a missle or something.

Ordered it the 3rd of this month and it came today. I live in Ireland. It was fast. Yeah price is a bit high. This one is really light weight material. I got one for Zalinkrow too which is the color of my Cheesehead but it's a standard tshirt and the logo looks nice on it. If money is tight don't bother.

Well that is how baseball tees are, typically light material. Slaker117 got a regular shirt, ask him about the quality of it.

The moment on film when you shake Frank's hand while wearing it is priceless though

At that point we might as well just go full weird and print out Frankie masks to wear on the show floor.

Hey guys - first time posting, been lurking for awhile. Been a fan of Halo since launch day 2001, favorite would have to be Halo 2.

Came to HaloGAF mostly hoping to find new people to play Halo with as my friends list has mostly dried up as far as people playing Halo.
We only complain about Halo here.

DesertFox

Hey guys - first time posting, been lurking for awhile. Been a fan of Halo since launch day 2001, favorite would have to be Halo 2.

Came to HaloGAF mostly hoping to find new people to play Halo with as my friends list has mostly dried up as far as people playing Halo.

Computron

Did you make that avatar?

Tawpgun

Well this is awkward.... We don't really play Halo...

We bitch about it.

I'm sure we'll be recording indoors, either in an unused convention center room or in my hotel (which is just one block away).

I have two lavs. I figured we'd use biggy's camera for ambient sounds because I assume it doesn't have an input for an external mic.

Attention everyone else: Do NOT do a google search for "deadcat". I am an idiot. Learn from my mistakes.

I am soooooooo sorry. I definitely meant something like this, haha. Not an actual dead cat.

If you're indoors, be weary of noise that you can't control. Something like AC that you can hear. Make recording room tone one of your first tasks just in case any sound conditions change (like AC) – that'll give you more editing options, and if things change, you can just record the room tone again.

Yeah, lavs aren't that good at recording room tone, and from looking at Amazon, there isn't an input for a microphone (I don't think there's one on the 60D either) on the 600D. If someone has a good shotgun microphone and can bring it – or if you can find one for relatively cheap – that would be preferable. But that could be more trouble than it's worth because most good shotgun microphones, and a lot of mirophones in general, use XLR, and thus have an XLR output, and laptops don't have an XLR input. The 600D definitely doesn't have an XLR input. So to record with a shotgun microphone directly on to your computer, you'd need a DI box, or something else, to convert it so you can hook up an eighth-to-quarter-inch cable to put into your headphone jack on your laptop.

I hope I'm actually helping you and not just rattling off useless information, haha.

Homeboyd

Some of these guys still play (I do):

HaloGAF

Play...Halo!?

frank_exit.gif

I mean, some people here play Reach for whatever reason, but that's not even close to the same thing

Fuchsdh

Damn you guys get me all excited for an expo not by talking about Halo but audio equipment.

In terms of basic recording I've always sworn by Zooms with two inputs, since sync sound is trivially easy these days.

a zoojoo

Banned
A ZooJoo came out of his self imposed posting retirement. It was pretty glorious.

Technically, i never retired. I just turned over a new leaf. I'll only post if i have something to contribute.

sltPoison, got any t-shirt makin tips for n00b5 like me?

Yep, i'm definitely doing the podcast over skype next time, the audio is pretty rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom