• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

now that we have the proper names for the perks, heres my updated Halo 4 Loadout selection
Using only confirmed weapons so far

Primary Weapon:
  • Assault Rifle
  • Battle Rifle
  • Designated Marksman Rifle
  • Storm Rifle
  • Carbine
Secondary Weapon:
  • Magnum
  • Plasma Pistol
Grenade Type:
  • Frag Grenade
  • Plasma Grenade
Armor Ability:
  • Jetpack
  • Hardlight Shield
  • Thruster Pack
  • Promethean Vision
  • Hologram
  • Regen Field
  • Autosentry
  • Active Camo
Tactical Package:
  • Firepower: Carry 2 primary weapons
  • Shielding: Shield Recharge Rate buff
  • AA Efficiency: AA Recharge Rate buff
  • Grenadier: Pick up grenades from fallen spartans
  • Stealth: Decreased visibilty vs PromVision, Faster Assassination Animation, dampened footsteps*
  • Stability: Lessened knock out of scope*
  • Nemesis: Reveals known enemies on Radar*
  • Gunner: Reduce Turret cool down, move faster when carrying Turret*
Support Package:
  • Ammo Upgrade: Hold more Ammo
  • Sensor Upgrade: Increased Motion Tracker Range
  • Awareness: Use radar while scoped
  • Mobility: Unlimited Sprint
  • Drop Recon: Heads up on Ordnance and On-map weapon drops*
  • Requisition: Ability to re-roll an Ordnance drop*
  • Fast Track: Increased XP bonus*
  • Wheelman: Lessend EMP effect, Vehicle Health buff*

* Unlocked via Specializations

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Super high res armor there too.

2821370-web_preview.png

Looks awesome.

L1NETT

STALKER

The Nemesis armor mod allows users to target and track down previous attacking enemies, highlighting them on the armor’s passive sensors.

Could this mean they are just highlighted on the radar?

Not on the HUD?

Edit: That Tracker armour looks great.

Well shit, all my assumptions!

I might be wrong. For all we know, a booming great objective marker could light up on your HUD ;-)

Korosenai

You are assuming because they can't see you, that the HUD icon still shows up. The same can be said for the second point if you are not in their LOS.

Can you tell me where those assumptions are explained in the quote?
Say Ghaleon kills a guy against a team of four. Ghaleon then sneaks into their base despite none of them seeing him do it, but the guy he killed had the specialization. Now hes gonna call out to all of his teammates where that marker is, an now they all know where he is.

It seems at this point youre arguing with people for no apparent reason when the answer is right in front of you and all you have to do is use your brain for two seconds to figure it out.

I hope 343i had added this to their matchmaking:

Start matchmaking Team Objective -> Message pops up:
One of your load-outs is using a Tactical/Support Package which is not allowed in this playlist:
[frobidden Tactical/Support package]
Do you still want to search? You will not be allowed to pick the load-out with the forbidden Tactical/Support package.

Hey look, Waypoint provided a concise and clear look at specializations.
Yep. It gives a much better insight of the specialization system.

Edit.: Oh this armor looks awesome:

Say Ghaleon kills a guy against a team of four. Ghaleon then sneaks into their base despite none of them seeing him do it, but the guy he killed had the specialization. Now hes gonna call out to all of his teammates where that marker is, an now they all know where he is.

It seems at this point youre arguing with people for no apparent reason when the answer is right in front of you and all you have to do is use your brain for two seconds to figure it out.

:lol I'm sorry. Since you've posted it seems as though these 'markers' appear at extremely close range and on passive sensors.

GG

Enfinit

One of your load-outs is using a Tactical/Support Package which is not allowed in this playlist:
Do you still want to search? You will not be allowed to pick the load-out with the forbidden Tactical/Support package.

Yep. It gives a much better insight of the specialization system.

Either that, or tactical/support packages won't be allowed period is my guess.

nillapuddin

Do you still want to search? You will not be allowed to pick the load-out with the forbidden Tactical/Support package.=

Is there a precedent for this, like does COD not allow certain perks in whatever playlist?

Also, in the sea of rage I believe Stinkles said something similar to that, playlist dependent

No one will be unlocking them. You either have them because you put bonus cash down for Microsoft, or you wait for 343 to unlock them based on conditions and metrics we, and possibly they, don't yet know.
Oh, so if you don't get the LE, you don't even get access to the specializations?

Korosenai

:lol I'm sorry. Since you've posted it seems as though these 'markers' appear at extremely close range and on passive sensors.

GG
No where in my post did i claim the marker was long range. What if the guy respawns in his base close to the player that killed him? The point is the marker is still there and it still allows the other team to see where he is.

You sure about that? That would require communicating. Doesn't happen often in matchmaking these days.

I'm creating a new post since it's a completely seperate thought from my one a minute ago. So bear with me.

Each Specialization unlocks the following items as you progress across its 10 levels:

Waypoint said:
• Armor Mod
• Armor Set – Helmet, Chest, Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder
• Armor Set Skin – Texture skin for Helmet, Chest, Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder
• Armor Mod
• Weapon Skin – Texture skin of one of the loadout weapons
• 4 Foreground Emblems
• 1 Background Emblem
• 1 Visor Color

Typo or "Pro" perk? hahaha but seriously, that would be sweet if there's another mod we havent heard about for each specialization.

Gazzawa

So it shows up on the radar? No waypoint above the head?

i was listening to that mlg bravo dude taking about this. i think it marks the target like when someone is spawning on an elite in invasion. its just a way of getting revenge on who killed u last. well thats what i understood

Vire

now that we have the proper names for the perks, heres my updated Halo 4 Loadout selection
Using only confirmed weapons so far

Tactical Package:
  • Firepower: Carry 2 primary weapons
    [*]Shielding: Shield Recharge Rate buff
  • AA Efficiency: AA Recharge Rate buff
  • Stealth: Decreased visibilty vs PromVision, Faster Assassination Animation, dampened footsteps*
  • Stability: Lessened knock out of scope*
    [*]Nemesis: Reveals known enemies on Radar*
  • Gunner: Reduce Turret cool down, move faster when carrying Turret*
Support Package:
  • Ammo Upgrade: Hold more Ammo
  • Sensor Upgrade: Increased Motion Tracker Range
  • Awareness: Use radar while scoped
  • Drop Recon*: Heads up on Ordnance and On-map weapon drops*
  • Requisition*: Ability to re-roll an Ordnance drop*
  • Fast Track: Increased XP bonus*
  • Wheelman: Lessend EMP effect, Vehicle Health buff*

* Unlocked via Specializations

Nemesis and Shielding are the two that genuinely concern me. The rest I can deal with...

Korosenai

The marker is where?
It doesnt matter where the marker is, whether it be on the radar or the middle of the screen. There is still a marker and it is there so you can locate the guy that killed you.

You sure about that? That would require communicating. Doesn't happen often in matchmaking these days.
Thats why i said team of four. Four people who know each other all using mics. Sorry about that, i should have clarified better.

It doesnt matter where the marker is, whether it be on the radar or the middle of the screen. There is still a marker and it is there so you can locate the guy that killed you.

But you were assuming it was on the screen.

I'm fearful of what might be extrapolated of the LITTLE info we have on this but I'm not going to delude myself and brate these additions before I can say I know for sure just how it actually impacts the game.

Like I said, if what Ghaleon had said is true and it is that bad, then of course there'll be reason enough to draw attention to it.

People can say I am blindly defending 343. You wanna know why? Because we're all fucking blind as bats in here. Until 343 sheds light on the situation (which they should absolutely be called out on when that doesn't happen), I simply will reserve any great jugement of the game until I know more.

No salt in my diet.

It is pretty funny that you unlock visor colors but a bunch of those don't really have visors to speak of. Also, I wonder what the odds of there being secret specialization classes that we don't know about yet, maybe a true end game one that comes up after all these that gives you something close to MC armor.

I understand people being upset about what the armor mods mean for gameplay, but I really do like the specialization system and unlocks based on what class you have currently chosen. It really seems like armor unlocks will be extremely rewarding in this game, way more than Halo Reach at the very least.. I suspect there will be a set tied to skulls or terminals as well.

My take on armor mods: I like some, other leave me a little worried, but so far they all seem more passive than CoD.. Ultimately I like the idea of investing in the MP to unlock new options, and catering loadouts to my playstyle. I really hope 343 nails it.

I think that sounds terrible. The game is already absurdly complex with the number of weapons, AA's, tactical perks, support perks, etc, we don't need to make it even more confusing my having a different set of stuff that is allowed in each playlist, which also then takes a dump on half you custom loadouts because they contain a perk or AA that isn't allowed in that playlist.

Outside of a specialty playlist (SWAT, Hardcore/MLG, "Classic"), everything should be available.

My biggest worry for the game for a while has been the matchmaking experience, and it's only growing with time. This game could become a fragmentation nightmare over time.

senador

Banned
Wow I didn't realize each Specialization had so many unlocks. That's pretty cool. The unlocking progression system gets bashed a lot, and its silly, but man I love getting unlocks and stuff.

• Armor Mod
• Armor Set – Helmet, Chest, Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder
• Armor Set Skin – Texture skin for Helmet, Chest, Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder
• Armor Mod
• Weapon Skin – Texture skin of one of the loadout weapons
• 4 Foreground Emblems
• 1 Background Emblem
• 1 Visor Color

This thread is getting crazy. I'd love some more classic type Halo, but I guess I've accepted Halo is not the same anymore, and these ideas could be fun too. The gameplay and gunplay totally looks like Halo, and the rest reminds me of Battlefield, which I love. So yeah, weird changes and shit but I am looking forward to playing still.

These things don't seem ideal at all for Halo purists, but they also don't sound like they change the game enough to ruin every little battle. I guess we will see.

Korosenai

But you were assuming it was on the screen.

I'm fearful of what might be extrapolated of the LITTLE info we have on this but I'm not going to delude myself and brate these additions before I can say I know for sure just how it actually impacts the game.

Like I said, if what Ghaleon had said is true and it is that bad, then of course there'll be reason enough to draw attention to it.

People can say I am blindly defending 343. You wanna know why? Because we're all fucking blind as bats in here. Until 343 sheds light on the situation (which they should absolutely be called out on when that doesn't happen), I simply will reserve any great jugement of the game until I know more.

No salt in my diet.
I never once said the waypoint was on the screen. I was assuming it could be anywhere.

And how are we blind as bats concerning specializations? That article clearly explained what each ability does, and I doubt any of that info will change in 343s bulletin today. I thought the only thing we were confused on were how the extra ten levels worked then you made that chart to explain it.

Halo 4 has Tactical Packages and Support Packages now? WTF, when did this happen?

I'm glad I bought the Limited Edition, it's going to be frustrating for the people that hit level 71 on the first day and only get to use the packages they unlocked in 1-70. Bungie would never put a cap on your rank/EXP at the launch of a game.

Also, can someone PM a mod and ask him to move this thread back to the Community section? These Gaming threads move way too fast to follow and they're usually just full of knee-jerk reactions.

I think this thread needs this right now:

gif3bqadk.gif

The core game is still Halo, much more than Reach ever was.. Ultimately, Halo needed change to stop it from stagnating and only catering to its most elite fans. I do understand the frustration, but as of now things don't seem so bad.. Lets hope 343 nails the execution of these ideas, because if they do I can see it being really fun.

I never once said the waypoint was on the screen. I was assuming it could be anywhere.

And how are we blind as bats concerning specializations? That article clearly explained what each ability does, and I doubt any of that info will change in 343s bulletin today. I thought the only thing we were confused on were how the extra ten levels worked then you made that chart to explain it.

If this was the case, wouldn't you know where on the HUD this thing appears? Wouldn't we know it's limitations, drawbacks and benefits?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Halo 4 has Tactical Packages and Support Packages now? WTF, when did this happen?

I'm glad I bought the Limited Edition, it's going to be frustrating for the people that hit level 71 on the first day and only get to use the packages they unlocked in 1-70. Bungie would never put a cap on your rank/EXP at the launch of a game.

Also, can someone PM a mod and ask him to move this thread back to the Community section? These Gaming threads move way too fast to follow and they're usually just full of knee-jerk reactions.

Um, this is the Community section.
(Is that the joke?)

Also, 50 levels, not 70. Who is hitting 50 on day 1? The packages are end-game for everyone, the LE people will get to pick from 8 when they hit level 50, the non-LE people get to pick from 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom