• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
j8fkZ.png

Why so fucking late?

Also, enjoy your last week on top of preorders H4 :( source: that vee gee chart place.

aj1467

Halo 4 has Tactical Packages and Support Packages now? WTF, when did this happen?

I'm glad I bought the Limited Edition, it's going to be frustrating for the people that hit level 71 on the first day and only get to use the packages they unlocked in 1-70. Bungie would never put a cap on your rank/EXP at the launch of a game.

Also, can someone PM a mod and ask him to move this thread back to the Community section? These Gaming threads move way too fast to follow and they're usually just full of knee-jerk reactions.

Slowclap.gif

Korosenai

If this was the case, wouldn't you know where on the HUD this thing appears? Wouldn't we know it's limitations, drawbacks and benefits?
Touche. That is something id like to know.

But we do know the basic premise of the specializations and what they do. I doubt we will know much of that stuff until we actually have the game in our hands and actually try it out.

Um, this is the Community section.
(Is that the joke?)

Also, 50 levels, not 70. Who is hitting 50 on day 1? The packages are end-game for everyone, the LE people will get to pick from 8 when they hit level 50, the non-LE people get to pick from 2.
Yeah, so the LE owners have access to 80 extra levels of progression including game-altering abilities, while the people that only paid a mere $60 for their game only have 20 more levels of progression, and don't get access to game-altering abilities until 343 has decided that the LE owners have gotten their time having a combat advantage because they paid more for the game and unlock them for everyone.

That isn't right.
Already shuddering in fear of IGN's video player.

Hm, I wonder if this is MP related or if it will be the trailer thingy in Theaters but direct feed. Either way, Im excited for some new video.. Its like 343 new the Specializations would send everyone into a panic and decided to follow it up with something to keep people more optimistic.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yeah, so the LE owners have access to 80 extra levels of progression including game-altering abilities, while the people that only paid a mere $60 for their game only have 20 more levels of progression, and don't get access to game-altering abilities until 343 has decided that the LE owners have gotten their time having a combat advantage because they paid more for the game and unlock them for everyone.

That isn't right.

I'd bet that exclusivity time doesn't last long. Ellis said they'd be watching the level progression of the general population to determine when to release the rest.

Are people really expecting to hit level 50 in a day or something? Also non-LE people get two of the better specs I think, so that's 20 more levels for them to go before they have to worry about the other sets.

I don't necessarily like the practice, but I don't think it will be as big of deal as some might think.

Halo 4 has Tactical Packages and Support Packages now? WTF, when did this happen?

I'm glad I bought the Limited Edition, it's going to be frustrating for the people that hit level 71 on the first day and only get to use the packages they unlocked in 1-70. Bungie would never put a cap on your rank/EXP at the launch of a game.

Also, can someone PM a mod and ask him to move this thread back to the Community section? These Gaming threads move way too fast to follow and they're usually just full of knee-jerk reactions.
I love this guy. Did I tell you guys that I love this guy?

BigShow36

I think this thread needs this right now:

gif3bqadk.gif

The core game is still Halo, much more than Reach ever was.. Ultimately, Halo needed change to stop it from stagnating and only catering to its most elite fans. I do understand the frustration, but as of now things don't seem so bad.. Lets hope 343 nails the execution of these ideas, because if they do I can see it being really fun.

A BR burst sweep headshot? That's the opposite of what I need right now.

All that does is remind me that I'm forced to choose between a three-shot burst, spreading BR and a blooming DMR.

Really, you're going to troll like that? Sigh.

Curious to see what this video details, could possibly make or break my planned LE purchase.

Nilla aint trolling he is good peoples just confused by what Duncan said. Sarcasm on the internet dosnt work well for some people no shame in it.

1) You read that wrong.

2) You are being very difficult to hold a conversation with.

Hydranockz said:
STALKER
Spartan optimization for target shadowing missions which require tactical invisibility despite operating at an extremely close range to the target itself.
The Nemesis armor mod allows users to target and track down previous attacking enemies, highlighting them on the armor’s passive sensors.

So it shows up on the radar? No waypoint above the head?

So my assumptions on quotes are wrong but yours are fine?

'Target and track down' could very easily mean "he is now appearing on your radar, get him".

ElRenoRaven

I was a Halo 4 armor hater early on but its really grown on me.

Well I'm honestly glad it has for you. It hasn't for me though. I've actually grown to dislike it more the more variations I see. The only variation that looks remotely passable to me is the original one shown I believe it's being called Warrior. Other then that the only Halo 4 armor that has remotely grown on me was Master Chiefs and that was because they made a few minor tweaks to it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It's like jokeception in here.

Sidenote: I find that most every word can be combined with "ception" to create an image of multiplicity and confusion.

Yeah, sorry nillapuddin. Definitely sarcasm. When I'm not busy with my duties on the Bungie Defense Force I moonlight as a cheerleader for the 343 Sympathizer Squad.

(Hell, I almost thought I was being too obvious and came close to deleting a few of the more outlandish statements.)

nillapuddin

ughhhhhhhh, the sarcasm level was off the charts.

FACEPALM
+10

i wasnt paying attention to WHO posted it, just that it was, and I havent had my dr. pepper yet today so im on edge!

discussion time, shouldnt be before food time.

my apologies

Specializations are going to be a wonderful addition for cooperative and team players to fill in roles

I feel so sorry for people who play Halo solo, team play is so rewarding both socially and statistically

ncsuDuncan
obviously dropping obvious sarcasm
(FML, 2:00 PM)

it was my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom