• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conor 419

Banned
It would take gargantuan, interstellar balls to kill off Cortana. It could be good though, especially if you get to play as her during the death scene. You could be fighting enemy AI structures to the death in some kind of crazy matrix, also as you're rampant you'd be mad overpowered. But still you'd eventually get overwhelmed.

If they kill her off
Kat
style in Halo:Reach, I'm going to beat up 343i.

Fuchsdh

She will go out doing what she loves. Frogblasting her ventcore.

No but really, I am half expecting/ hoping them to find something on that forerunner planet to help her out of Rampancy. Would be too easy of a solution though. Either way I think I will be disappointed lol.

Im still gutted about the death of Foehammer. :(

That reference will make sense to absolutely no one here, I suspect.

heckfu

Banned
It would take gargantuan, interstellar balls to kill off Cortana. It could be good though, especially if you get to play as her during the death scene. You could be fighting enemy AI structures to the death in some kind of crazy matrix, also as you're rampant you'd be mad overpowered. But still you'd eventually get overwhelmed.

If they kill her off
Kat
style in Halo:Reach, I'm going to beat up 343i.

Gets hit by a rogue raindrop.

u4iX

I hope Cortana just runs out of batteries mid sentence and dies, then you can feel my no spectator mode levels of salt.

While having an umbrella that has previously protected her from thousands of other raindrops.

A shielded umbrella that for some reason is unshielded at that exact moment without explanation or reason

Yeah, dissapointing.

Though his last words were good, in a cheesy way of course.

It was then followed by the worst running animation (by chief) since Miranda in H2.

Its a known fact that chief runs like he shit his armor

Whatever happens with the Chief and Cortana I'm expecting a massive cliffhanger to get us all hot and bothered to buy a new console to keep on finishing the fight.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Its a known fact that chief runs like he shit his armor
JlCYx.gif

Woorloog

Banned
Whatever happens with the Chief and Cortana I'm expecting a massive cliffhanger to get us all hot and bothered to buy a new console to keep on finishing the fight.

There is literally nothing that could make me buy the next Xbox.

Right away that is. I'll wait till Halo 6.

Hmm. Spoilers for Halo 5 are going to be an issue. Guess i'll have to stop visiting HaloGAF sometime after Halo 4 online play is dead.

L1NETT

I hope Cortana just runs out of batteries mid sentence and dies, then you can feel my no spectator mode levels of salt.

Haha.

I really want Chris O'Dowd to play a nearby marine and when she does die, just say.

"Have you tried turning her off and then on again?"

Edit: Kittens, a Karl Pilkington .gif? Omg love you forever :)

Seriously though, I REALLY hope 343 does some awesome SpOps missions like flashbacks to early stuff. Do some from the books. Do some of the Spartan 2 training missions. Do that!

Season 2 should be all filler stuff exploring the universe and flashbacks and nods to characters like Bucks ODST, Noble Team and Johnson. Then season 3 can build us up to Halo 5. Do it 343i.

TAKE ALL MY MONEY

Seriously though, I REALLY hope 343 does some awesome SpOps missions like flashbacks to early stuff. Do some from the books. Do some of the Spartan 2 training missions. Do that!

Yeah, seems like the perfect platform to introduce or reintroduce the parts of the story not suited for the previous campaigns.

Conor 419

Banned
People who need to appear in SpOp's

1| Johnson
2| Chips Dubbo
3| Sgt. Stacker (Arguably the most important character in the Halo universe)
4| Keyes'
5| Blue Team
6| The ODST's
7| Kurt Angle
8| Jun

Yeah, seems like the perfect platform to introduce or reintroduce the parts of the story not suited for the previous campaigns.
But as it still ties into your custom Spartan IV progression, not sure how they could really handle playing anybody other than those Spartan IVs.

In fact, I still don't quite get how co-op is structured here. In campaign I'm assuming a four player group is playing as four master chiefs. But then Spartan Ops takes place after Halo 4, and we play as Spartan IVs, while the Chief is doing... whatever. I wonder what that says, if anything, about how co-op will be handled in Halo 5.

Conor 419

Banned
On a side note to Custom Game Browsing (and amongst other things). I also zealously campaigned on waypoint pre-Reach for end game assassinations to be really flashy wrestling moves.

I mean, imagine finishing an fierce rival with The Peoples' Elbow.

So I'm watching the replay of that Black Ops 2 stream: codcasting is great, wow. That would have been amazing in Halo 4, I totally understand all the salt now.

So I'm watching the replay of that Black Ops 2 stream: codcasting is great, wow. That would have been amazing in Halo 4, I totally understand all the salt now.

Yeah... feels bittersweet bro. Bc im still getting blops2. Just wish all this competitive stuff was in halo :/. Who knows though? Maybe just maybe 343 is keeping something awesome under their hats until a little before launch

Still experimenting with ideas to make all variables visible. And since it looks like we have an even 8 Armor Abilities/Tactical Packages/Support Packages across the board, that actually makes it work perfectly. As for their identifiers, right now I'm doing something like this.

Armor Abilities: Device mounted on your back, generally different enough to distinguish what's what without colors. (Auto-Turret, Jetpack, etc.) But lights have been added as examples.

Tactical Packages: A central "core" on your Spartan's chest that changes color depending on what you have. If you're playing without Tactical Packages, then the core either wouldn't show up or just stay turned off.

Support Packages: In Team games, your Armor Skin color could change depending on what your Support Package is. Another option is modifying the lights all over your Spartans (slightly prevalent in a few of the armors we've seen, but were the most vibrant in Halo 3) to change according to your ability. Just for quick reference, I've sorted all three variables into these respective colors:

LDwul.png

It should be noted that the first three (Hologram, etc) would give off a white light.

They all don't need to be specifically sorted, but I did for the sake of easy identification. And now for updated Armor Ability designs and core/light examples:

Still experimenting with ideas to make all variables visible. And since it looks like we have an even 8 Armor Abilities/Tactical Packages/Support Packages across the board, that actually makes it work perfectly. As for their identifiers, right now I'm doing something like this.

Armor Abilities: Device mounted on your back, generally different enough to distinguish what's what without colors. (Auto-Turret, Jetpack, etc.) But lights have been added as examples.

Tactical Packages: A central "core" on your Spartan's chest that changes color depending on what you have. If you're playing without Tactical Packages, then the core either wouldn't show up or just stay turned off.

Support Packages: In Team games, your Armor Skin color could change depending on what your Support Package is. Another option is modifying the lights all over your Spartans (slightly prevalent in a few of the armors we've seen, but were the most vibrant in Halo 3) to change according to your ability. Just for quick reference, I've sorted all three variables into these respective colors:

LDwul.png

It should be noted that the first three (Hologram, etc) would give off a white light.

They all don't need to be specifically sorted, but I did for the sake of easy identification. And now for updated Armor Ability designs and core/light examples:

I really like this. If I had to guess, this will not happen in Halo 4.. but keep at it, its a great idea and 343 may take note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom