• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

At least I can be confident when I say campaign looks great. The only problem is that it's not the Halo campaigns that keep me playing a game for 2-3 years.

Personally, I find that a good campaign can keep me interested for years. I played the Halo CE, 2 and 3 campaigns consistently from release because I didn't have Live back then (Only got it in 2010). Multiplayer is always great, but a good campaign can reduce the need for it, IMO.

senador

Banned
Well, I thought the faces in Reach of the main Spartans were distinct and had a personality. But clearly, I am unable to express my opinion on the subject well enough to get across what I am trying to say.

Nah I agree I think. They looked generic, but maybe those specific characters are meant to.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I thought the faces in Reach of the main Spartans were distinct and had a personality. But clearly, I am unable to express my opinion on the subject well enough to get across what I am trying to say.
Ah, yeah, that makes sense. I agree. Each of the Spartan's in Reach looked interesting and unique when unmasked. These look like dudes you'd see taking their family to Red Robin or something.

A few pics I grabbed from the trailer:

qRxYM.png

BKkDP.png

yatd8.jpg

tbAl8.png

So IGN pulled the vid off their site now...

Did they jump the gun and put it up early?

I think it was the misspelling of "VGCChartz" at the end.

The competitive multiplayer doesn't excite me nearly as much as the campaign at this point.

And this is coming from a guy who's played Halo Competitive MP since he was in middle school and now is in his last year of college -_-.

Game looks great 343. Just please deliver on a truly competitive experience, the campaign and story draw me in, but the MP keeps me playing and interested.

u4iX

Cool video, nothing too crazy, this Ryan clown can stop building up the IGN Halo 4 hype.

Wish we could get our hands on some actual new info, not just updates on things already being talked about.

Theater Mode and Forge Mode need to be fleshed out to compete with "other FPS games" at the moment.

Kuroyume

Banned
Looks great but frustrating video to watch. 15 seconds of game footage and a lot of fluff. Always wondered what the coffee cups at 343 looked like though...

I want chief to be an absolute boss and disrespect the crappy new Spartans.

"Bitch please i was abducted at age 7 and even when i did good and rang a bell i still got punished. You aint shit" *kisses his teeth* "Damn raggedy ass S4's acting like they own this place. DIS MAH HOUSE FOOL"

IHaveIce

Banned
no. The theater version was for the context of a theater this is for chillaxing and examining.

Any Idea why the article was deleted for now?

So Guys how late is it ? Shouldn't the Bulletin be out "early afternoonish" ? I have to decide if I should go to sleep or not.

Tommorrow I will drive to Cologne / GamesCom, but not for Halo 4 :(

Hey guys, from Jess(BSAngel's)' twitter, ETA on the bulletin is about 30 mins.
YAY will stay up

DeadNames

Banned
Now 343 needs to do a PROPER multiplayer reveal, and Halo 4 is GOTY for me.

We gotta see these specializations in action... The only one that seems TOO game breaking is the tracking one...

Hopefully this weeks bulletin can satisfy our needs. And drivable mech confirmed?

Vire

I'm glad this version has no voice over, allows us to appreciate the astoundingly beautiful music.

I love the new Jackal mask as well.

Great great trailer. (Even if I did already see it before)

u4iX

Hey Mikey, he likes it!

(that mech has a peanus)

I need to embrace my inner Halo nerd.

I have a duality with the Halo franchise which involves nerding out over new crazy animations, new weapons, and more "casual friendly" things, then the side that involves the hardcore competition.

Basically, the salt levels were because the "newness" of the nerd chills had faded and were juxtaposed with the badassery of the Black Ops 2 competitive catering.

I understand Halo is a GAME overall first, but when the series used to have such a strong competitive back bone, it hurts my competitive side to see it blatantly ignored.

That music was amazing, I'm really digging the Massive Attack vibe that's being brought to the table. The environments in the campaign look surreal yet captivating and believable. I'm impressed with a lot, it's just being masked by my competitive, hardcore side.

They need to give a direct service to the competitive community, not in the form of some playlist, to win over my competitive gamer side. The game certainly looks fun and enjoyable, but it's longevity and drive to get better and keep playing is not apparent to me.

No, and EXP ranking system does not count towards my longevity. I'm not a sucker. I'm not gonna play a game I don't like just for the rank. It's the same reason I rarely prestige in CoD. Black Ops was the only one I ever have. I get the guns, then I play the game.

The longevity is in my practice to get better based on an enjoyable competitive experience. Not some cluster fuck of "30 seconds of fun" or whoever coined that terrible term.

Here's to Halo 4 looking like a great game, but a lackluster competitive title.

To each his own. <3

I need to embrace my inner Halo nerd.

I have a duality with the Halo franchise which involves nerding out over new crazy animations, new weapons, and more "casual friendly" things, then the side that involves the hardcore competition.

Basically, the salt levels were because the "newness" of the nerd chills had faded and were juxtaposed with the badassery of the Black Ops 2 competitive catering.

I understand Halo is a GAME overall first, but when the series used to have such a strong competitive back bone, it hurts my competitive side to see it blatantly ignored.

That music was amazing, I'm really digging the Massive Attack vibe that's being brought to the table. The environments in the campaign look surreal yet captivating and believable. I'm impressed with a lot, it's just being masked by my competitive, hardcore side.

They need to give a direct service to the competitive community, not in the form of some playlist, to win over my competitive gamer side. The game certainly looks fun and enjoyable, but it's longevity and drive to get better and keep playing is not apparent to me.

No, and EXP ranking system does not count towards my longevity. I'm not a sucker. I'm not gonna play a game I don't like just for the rank. It's the same reason I rarely prestige in CoD. Black Ops was the only one I ever have. I get the guns, then I play the game.

The longevity is in my practice to get better based on an enjoyable competitive experience. Not some cluster fuck of "30 seconds of fun" or whoever coined that terrible term.

Here's to Halo 4 looking like a great game, but a lackluster competitive title.

To each his own. <3

Seconded, and yes, Black Ops was the only CoD game I have prestiged in as well.

As I mentioned earlier, the main driving force behind me wanting to get better at SC2 and play that more is I want to get up to that gold or diamond division, and it's immediate feedback. I'm not even a huge RTS guy at all, and I've been playing Competitive Halo since LANs with my friends back in the CE days.

It just feels not so great to see this swap of franchise priorities when one of the reasons I fell in love with Halo was the competitive offering and skill ranks and the immediate feedback in the form of the progress bar on Bungie's website back in Halo 2 for individual playlists.

Photoshop - not kidding either

Why? lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom