• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enfinit

Anyways, weapon skin pics:
To be honest, weapon skins are a neat idea that allows each player to be unique, however I'm not really a fan of any of the designs we've seen so far.

Maybe Halo 4's 1-50 you rank up by getting XP from winning games.

But you lose XP when you lose/quit games.

Sounds good to me.
Losing EXP by losing games? Fuck that, just have it like Halo 3 where there's no EXP for losing and a loss of EXP for quitting.

Havok

I think the armor looks exponentially better here in color than the all-white Spartans from the pictures that were leaked a month or so ago. Darker colors help to hide the busy details.

The bulletin was good, but I don't think that anything is going to change my mind about the detrimental effects of the ever-increasing entropy of variables that 343 is introducing into a given combat encounter, at least not until I sink some significant time into the game for myself.

Mauler nostalgia is hilarious.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I knew David had slipped up when he said "level 50" :p

Weapon skins are okay I guess. Most of them look pretty bad though.

Bsigg12

To be honest, weapon skins are a neat idea that allows each player to be unique, however I'm not really a fan of any of the designs we've seen so far.

I do feel like once we can get in and change the colors, everything will start looking less....press oriented.

Blueblur1

It's hard to make a helmet as cool as Izanagi's head.

Really like the Wetworks helmet myself, though.

Izanagi is sweet for sure. But I'm referring to how random they look and the complete lack of visors. On some of them the visor is a thin strip; it's ridiculous. I really hope there more helmets besides the ones available in the E3 build that have proper visors.

Kuroyume

Banned
image.axd

The fuck is this? Cut it with the ugly patterns. Just give me an all red DMR to mach my all red Spartan.

Btw, some of those color combinations and patterns look very early '90s.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
A weapon being called "Boltshot" probably means the Brute Shot isn't coming back. Names are too similar. Or maybe that doesn't actually matter and I'm making wild jumps in logic.

Wasn't the 50 levels confirmed to be XP-based?
I don't think so. A lot of people are assuming that's the case, though.

(Edit - Or maybe I'm wrong?)

a zoojoo

Banned
Ok, just finished, it stated, the Wheelman mod just reduces the time your vehicle is down, not negate it completely, that makes me feel a bit better.

Also, Magnum skin looks fuckin sick.

assassinations

that's also a relief.

IGN fucks up everything, everytime.

TCKaos

Cool. Liking the armor skins and weapon skins, even if I don't like any of those particular armor pieces. #MarkVMasterRace

Do I have to buy/unlock visor colors for each individual helmet, or is the gold visor the default color and being used for comparison on each of the unlocked visor colors? That'd be a pain in the ass if I had to unlock gold, blue, silver, ect for every single helmet.

JackHerer

Cool to see the new weapons but very strange to have them unveiled this way. Armor looks ok, some of them are pretty cool. Not really liking any of the weapon skins showed off so far.

Also, I'm still not totally clear how the nemesis mod functions. Does it give you a Waypoint over their head for an indeterminate amount of time (i.e. until you kill them or you get killed) or is it only for a few seconds after spawning?

And...

"Wheelman armor – which features cylinder packs that could be preplaced with more oxygen or cooling material depending on the mission – makes you suffer the negative effects of an overcharged Plasma Pistol burst for less than the normal time. Vehicles you drive are also more durable over a longer period of time. You can still get hijacked, but the window for that is smaller. "

This seems to contradict what we heard earlier about how you recharge vehicle health faster with this mod. This makes it seem like it gives you more vehicle health. Also, more difficult to hijack? Not sure if I like this.

Seems like this mod is begging for abuse in BTB. Isn't the banshee OP enough already?

GhaleonEB

Super Jackpot Weekend is in Firefight? Awwww yeaaah

I won't get it. I never get them. :lol

Good Bulletin, the high res assets are pretty great. Armor and colors look fantastic, but the helmet designs are pretty strange.

Boltshot, eh? Good to have a name for that one. Fun way to dole out a new nugget of info.

Vire

Trying to figure out what's going on here
Looks like MC is in an elevator shaft.

Also Frankie, could you speak a bit more about the Nemesis mod? Is it time limited, do you get it after every time you die?

Is there a reason why mostly every armor is blue and silver?

Is there a reason why mostly every armor is blue and silver?

Best color scheme there is bro!

(yes, i've used mainly this scheme since H2)

Can anyone clarify is Sprint still an armor ability or is now part of the (default) spartan ?

Default, has been since Halo 4 multiplayer details were announced.

And will there be single color weapon skins? I want a black BR.

That would be fucking incredible if there were just "paint bucket" skins

zap

What I am worried about is having a few of the worse perks altogether...

Take a sniper for example. In all Halo games you had a couple of options to defend against snipers: 'ping them' to pop them out of scope or sneak up behind them while they are in scope and kill them at a closer range.
In Halo 4, you could be facing a sniper that will not get knocked out of scope when getting shot AND will have a radar viewable while in scope. Boom, there go your two defenses against him/her. Combine that with a camo armour ability and another perk to increase ammo and you have an insanely OP sniper! AND they could get rewarded for these kills by receiving MORE snipers in ordnance drops!!

I'm just thinking of how terrible that is. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom