• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Strange way to review new weapons...
I'm guessing they're both Forerunner, just by the geometry, as they're skinned...
Thinking the Boltshot might be some kind of Forerunner Brute shot.
It was a tease. Personally, I get a kick out of stuff like that - an unexpected bit if new information in an update that leaves you wanting more. They usually dove tail into new updates.

I wouldn't have clicked it if it wasn't for that warning.

Thanks. =/

Do you piss on electic fences, too?

OST will be all in-game music and themes. No wub.
Thank you, Frankie.

I'd like to expand a bit on my previous post because I forgot to mention some things.

Firstly, I want to be perfectly clear on one thing: I would like to see a proper ranking system in Halo 4. I'm not a huge fan of competitive games – I play games to relax and have fun, so I avoid ranked games whenever possible – but at the same time a significant portion of Halo fans (including competitive, respectable players here like Cyren and Tashi) get so much enjoyment out of ranks I'd like to see ranks so they can be happy. The more players that are happy, the better.

When I was saying that, ultimately, good base gameplay is the greatest incentive, I was trying to put it into these terms. I really enjoy Theater. I love making films, and making screenshots, out of my favorite multiplayer moments. In the end, though, Theater is one of those "bells and whistles" I was talking about. Would I be sorely disappointed if Theater wasn't in Halo 4? Yes I would. Would it prevent me from buying the game? No. What would prevent me from buying the game is if I knew I wouldn't have fun playing it. Those moment-to-moment experiences are what keep me coming back.

So yeah, as expected, Halo 4 wasn't at Gamescom. I can understand why it isn't there since Microsoft wasn't going but is it too difficult for Frankie, David or BS angel to say so? Is it such a big secret? I've asked nearly times and I only got one reaction that didn't even answer the question. I thought 343 was supposed to all into the community but I don't have that feeling right now. Apparently they can't even answer a very simple question.
To be fair, 343 is part of MS. It has been clear for some time they wouldn't be there.

On the other hand, if 343I did a blog post saying "Currently planned events Halo 4 will be at:"
"If your event is not here, then we likely are not scheduled to appear there as of right now" it'd have saved your false hopes.

Sai-kun

Banned
There will be news about non-OST music later this month.

5pfbP.gif

I'm so ready. I love whenever this thread goes back to music talk, game-related or not.

While on the subject, I will say that I wish more electronic (not dubstep) music was incorporated into games; I really see it as a perfect fit. Think Tron soundtrack for example. I also feel like I'm the only person in this country who listens to goa-psy trance, which is one of my favorite genres of electronica.

I'm here for any and all subgenres of trance. That's my shit.

edit: that Alvin Risk track seems RAD live! Wish I could have been there.

Music recommendations for the sub-wub fans:

Nero - Me And You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE47er6qnqg

The Potbelleez - From The Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUa_rSwHy7Y

Com Truise - Flightwave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xlI3dIHMOI

Bassnectar - Butterfly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-K_xgxrL4s

Blue Foundation - Eyes On Fire (Zeds Dead Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc
If you're going to bring in the sub wubs, you can't leave out Limit to your Love - James Blake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOT2-OTebx0

turn the subwoofer up, feel the wobbles

To be fair, 343 is part of MS. It has been clear for some time they wouldn't be there.

On the other hand, if 343I did a blog post saying "Currently planned events Halo 4 will be at:"
"If your event is not here, then we likely are not scheduled to appear there as of right now" it'd have saved your false hopes.

Exactly. It would've been great if they were just clear about it. The silence made it seem like there still may be something. That was the only reason I could think of that made a tiny bit sense. The last think I'd think of is 343 just don't caring about it but now I just don't know anymore.

Exactly. It would've been great if they were just clear about it. The silence made it seem like there still may be something. That was the only reason I could think of that made a tiny bit sense. The last think I'd think of is 343 just don't caring about it but now I just don't know anymore.
Ah, now, I know you're feeling burned, but come on.
It's a valid criticism to point out how their silence doesn't help, but thinking it might be there is on you and you alone. I tried to tell you to move on.

Listening to you and Juices talk about their ability in slapping bad kids in Objective is like two eunuchs arguing about which is the better lover.

What animal am I describing?

I played competitive Halo when it was good...Halo 2.

Nowadays I no longer fit in in this new politically correct, protect the casuals, its good enough world. I'm just waiting to die dreaming about the goold old days. Like a dirty old filthy Halo pervert.

Someone make me a Save the Casuals Tshirt. Full of spartans wielding AR's and Needlers.

But seriously if they ever add skill back into Halo I'll be glad to play competitively. I just dont see it happening.

Ooh, Destiny talk? I highly doubt it's a 360-exclusive, and I'm skeptical of it being a timed exclusive. The contract was just written that way because Bungie has less experience with PS3 development and needed a grace period to determine if it was doable with their resources.

From my previous writeup of the contract:
Destiny Game #1 / Comet #1
Planned platforms: Xbox 360, Xbox 720 (unofficial name)
Possible platforms: PlayStation 3

- It seems Bungie and Activision were supposed to decide on the technical and business feasibility of a PS3 release no later than March 31, 2011. Considering that Bungie has been hiring PS3 developers for a while (and still wants applicants with PS3 experience), I imagine they decided to go for it.

- The PS3 version is required to have “quality and feature parity” to the Xbox 360 version and is targeted for a Fall 2014 release, a year after the 360 version. While Bungie cannot be required to release the PS3 version simultaneously with the Xbox 360 version, there don’t seem to be any contractual restrictions on the developer doing so voluntarily. I’ve seen a lot of complaining online from people assuming Microsoft paid for a timed-exclusive release of Destiny on the 360. Judging from the 2010 contract alone this does NOT seem to be the case – it’s merely a result of Bungie having seven years of experience with the Xbox 360 platform and little to no development experience with the PlayStation 3.

-------
Do you piss on electic fences, too?

Back in high school my friend had a low-power electric fence for keeping cows in. Still hurt to touch, but for some reason I could handle it much better than my friends. Whenever someone would stand next to it and chicken out, I would grab the fence with one hand and then grab their arm with the other...

Ah, now, I know you're feeling burned, but come on.
It's a valid criticism to point out how their silence doesn't help, but thinking it might be there is on you and you alone. I tried to tell you to move on.

The thing is, I'm not disappointed Halo 4 isn't there, I'm disappointed that neither Frankie, David or BSangel felt like it was necessary to answer the question. In many people's eyes, the answer may have been unnecessary but I think 343 could have saved me (and maybe other people who also felt confused) a lot of confusion if they would have straight up said they weren't going to be there.

Nowadays I no longer fit in in this new politically correct, protect the casuals, its good enough world. I'm just waiting to die dreaming about the goold old days. Like a dirty old filthy Halo pervert.

Someone make me a Save the Casuals Tshirt. Full of spartans wielding AR's and Needlers.

But seriously if they ever add skill back into Halo I'll be glad to play competitively. I just dont see it happening.
Didn't they already do that? It was called BUNGLE if I recall correctly

The thing is, I'm not disappointed Halo 4 isn't there, I'm disappointed that neither Frankie, David or BSangel felt like it was necessary to answer the question. In many people's eyes, the answer may have been unnecessary but I think 343 could have saved me (and maybe other people who also felt confused) a lot of confusion if they would have straight up said they weren't going to be there.

Confusion? They never said they were going. Ever. There's your answer.

BigShow36

I played competitive Halo when it was good...Halo 1.

I had to fix a minor typo, but everything else looks good.

kylej

Banned

I thought a pretty good Oddball SB shirt idea would be to have three Spartan silhouettes jumping down towards the silhouette of an oddball below

id buy one of these, and wear it to the midnight release.

someone should really make this.

edit: is it possible sltpoison could actually do something like this?

I get that and agreed already. It's where you took about them "not caring" in which I think it's more complicated than you're percieving and you're letting your feelings get ahead of themselves.

I agree they should have said, but I don't agree that they don't care.

Anyway. Moving on. Have fun?

Its weird, some electronica like bassnectar/deadmau5 are really not that great sounding on their albums to me, but when I go to their live shows I get blown away everytime by how much better it sounds. It must be the transitions and the explosive bass or something. That and the whole spectacle of it all.
agreed. a lot of electronic music is only really able to be appreciated live/with a really good sound system.

I get that and agreed already. It's where you took about them "not caring" in which I think it's more complicated than you're percieving and you're letting your feelings get ahead of themselves.

I agree they should have said, but I don't agree that they don't care.

Anyway. Moving on. Have fun?

Oh yeah, got to play dishonored. Pretty awesome and now I'm sure I'm gonna buy it. Should be a great game to tide me over till Halo 4. Other than that, I didn't get to play much else. The line for AC3 was 5 hours so that wasn't an option and the lines for other big games were all around 3 hours. All around it was a pretty awesome day but because it was so bussy, we left a bit early and went into Cologne. Such a great city.

Oh yeah, got to play dishonored. Pretty awesome and now I'm sure I'm gonna buy it. Should be a great game to tide me over till Halo 4. Other than that, I didn't get to play much else. The line for AC3 was 5 hours so that wasn't an option and the lines for other big games were all around 3 hours. All around it was a pretty awesome day but because it was so bussy, we left a bit early and went into Cologne. Such a great city.
When is Dishonored out? It looks awesome

When is Dishonored out? It looks awesome

October 12th so then you should have about a month with the game before Halo 4 comes out. Controls were a bit difficult but that's cause you were standing in front of a TV which wasn't that comfortable and of course the I didn't know the controlles yet. Still, I can imagine myself doing some pretty awesome stuff with all the abilities that are available.

Lovely one. God I want to go back.

Did you climb the dome? A friend I went with who had a fear of heights did it and I think he enjoyed it, even if he had to climb all the stairs :p

October 12th so then you should have about a month with the game before Halo 4 comes out. Controls were a bit difficult but that's cause you were standing in front of a TV which wasn't that comfortable and of course the I didn't know the controlles yet. Still, I can imagine myself doing some pretty awesome stuff with all the abilities that are available.
hm that's about when Borderlands 2 is out and I think Borderlands is going to get the lion's share of my time. I won't be skipping Dishonored though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I actually have stated that we wouldn't be at Gamescon, but that we WOULD be going to Yerp before launch. Naturally I can't expect you to follow every random post I make but we don't do announcements about stuff we're not going to be at either. This wasn't a tease. Just a gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom