• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

willow ve

Isn't Bungie's first game in the new series an Xbox exclusive?

It's launching on Xbox only to start. Based on the success it will be ported to PS3 and possibly PC (would assume PC would be an easier port). Then the future games will all be multi-platform as long as the first one clears the minimum sold by date.

That's all, of course, assuming the contract listed in the Activision/Infinity Ward trial was never amended, changed, etc.

Slaker117

Assuming that Sony doesn't launch a console next year, MS doesn't need any specific Xbox exclusive to launch with the system.

Possible big launch titles include Call of Duty 2013, Battlefield 4, and Bungie's new game.

Call of Duty and Battlefield will probably sell more than a Halo title would as a launch title next year. Hell if Bungie's game hits the Infinity/720 and BF4 is there with 64 player support, I'll buy the new Xbox on day one.

Isn't the rumor that they will have a new console next year though? Playstation Orbis or whatever? I don't know, thought I hear about that somewhere.

Enfinit

Plans Change. It seems that way from the leaked details but I wouldn't bet on it quite yet.

From my understanding the first title is supposed to be an Xbox exclusive for a limited amount of time, then to be released on other platforms (PS3, PC). Then the sequels and corresponding DLC will release simultaneously. It's on the first title that's an Xbox launch exclusive (I think).

Isn't the rumor that they will have a new console next year though? Playstation Orbis or whatever? I don't know, thought I hear about that somewhere.

I thought that it was assumed that we won't see a Playstation console until 2014, but I haven't really followed the PS rumor mill, so I may be wrong.
What the hell?

So are we getting 15 loadout weapons or not? Because from the same people that said that, we also go the notion we'd be getting 5 or so new weapons... And we've had more than five new weapons.

I'm not sure I believe that number that was seen in the E3 build anymore. The USNC sandbox has 3 primaries, I seriously doubt there is 12 primaries in the covenant and promethean sandboxes.

kylej

Banned
Risen and Tashi arguing over who has more Halo skill is like listening to two amputees talk about who would win in a cage fight.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Bahaha

Yea it was posted. I love the song. I don't even like Dubstep. This shit is a crazy dance song. I'm totally gonna make a montage for the song when I get my hands on the mp3.

Every thirty posts I will have to remind people this ISN'T on the OST or in the game. But I love it.

Well kept secret? There were rumours over a year before it was announced!

I don't want Halo 5 in too years. I don't want Halo 2 Anniversary in 3. Halo 5 in 3 years is plenty.

Those rumours only existed because of the time frame and the anniversary coming up. Its common sense to think in a age of HD remakes microsofts Biggest title would get one. Nothing at all was know about or leaked about CE:A until its announcement. 343i did a great job on keeping it a secret.

Guessing a secret doesn't mean its not still a secret. We have already had at least 2 different "rumours" H2A is in production by the people over at Sabre. One from July this year and one from earlier talking about its being a 720 launch title.

Trying to see if anyone ever played any Halo themes in Bluegrass syle I stumbled across this pre Halo 3 hype vid.

Back to listening to Iron Horse covers of Black Sabbath.

Will the Halo 4 OST feature a second disc of similarly mind blowing cross overs?

Maybe this is getting too far ahead, but I'm curious about what Halo 4's life in the wild will be like (especially if the incredible number of perks and specs need tuning) and what 343/MS's plans for the trilogy are. Microsoft has been very committed to yearly(-ish) Halo releases, so much so that I wonder what next year will bring:

• 2007 - Halo 3
  • 2009(early) - Halo Wars
  • 2009(late) - Halo 3: ODST
  • 2010 - Halo: Reach
  • 2011 - Halo: Anniversary
  • 2012 - Halo 4
  • 2013 - ???

That's 6 years that MS has been able to count on a Halo release. I don't see them leaving that behind anytime soon. And next fall, they are conceivably going to get a new console. So I wonder if Halo 5 is coming next year or what? To their credit, MS has been very savvy about yearly games without completely exhausting the franchise like so many other games out there.

Has anyone else wondered about this or am I getting ahead of myself/being overly paranoid about annualization?
Spartan Ops fills out the niche for story content till the next game. And there will be definitely no Halo game in 2013.

About Halo 2: Anniversary. I hope they are doing a different approach to it. I am not saying I did not like the "Back to the past" button. But Halo 2 has a lot of cut content. Amazing cutscenes or new campaign missions at the end of the campaign could be added. I want a "Halo 2 - 343 Industries Anniversary Cut". The original game is still on the disc but it is separate from the new version. I am not saying anything about the multiplayer.
Slightly bigger pic of the concept art of one of the DLC maps:

632877_20120815_790screen001.jpg

I honestly have to say Im excited already because that map looks really unique.
Sparth is incredible. Everytime I am seeing his art, I am just blown away by those vistas. And his art piece looks fantastic in the "The Magic behind Halo 4" video. About the concept art above, it looks like a colony world and BTB map.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Risen and Tashi arguing over who has more Halo skill is like listening to two amputees talk about who would win in a cage fight.

Shouldn't you be playing team objective or some shit?

Every thirty posts I will have to remind people this ISN'T on the OST or in the game. But I love it.

So was the song specifically made for Halo? Also, when can I buy it?

I would be absolutely delighted by a Halo 2 remake. I never got to play the original, and the prospect of getting it with modern graphics and hopefully a few new features is just great.

Plz 343.

In terms of atmosphere, ODST is still my favorite Halo game. Feeling underpowered and out gunned at all times brought a whole new take to the Halo series that I absolutely loved. Not to mention the amazing music.

Yeh ODST was definitely a great filler between Halo releases, which is why I'm not opposed to the yearly releases as long as the quality remains top notch. When I used the term grand, I was referring to the heavily packed Halo releases that come out every ~3 years.

Just watched the Halo Wars cutscenes and the soundtrack is really nice. Perfect line between Halo chants and sampling and other elements.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWBcKLiWVc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phk7di38iv8
Nice addition to the lore visualizes Harvest, a location referenced only in additional media.
I still wanna know what's become of the Spirit of Fire and it's crew. Really want a Halo Wars 2. Windows 8 perhaps? At least give me a Spartan Ops season with some cameo or reference.

Edit: Oh hai ^^^^

The Spirit of Fire + Cutter + Anders + Serina <3

While on the subject, I will say that I wish more electronic (not dubstep) music was incorporated into games; I really see it as a perfect fit. Think Tron soundtrack for example. I also feel like I'm the only person in this country who listens to goa-psy trance, which is one of my favorite genres of electronica.

Not available on mobile?

Seriously. I have eclectic music tastes, but that noise is just terrible, in my opinion.

Probably copyright issue as it's their music, so wouldn't surprise me. Although, I can watch in the UK on my mobile, so maybe it's a country specific thing... :/

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Consider me corrected. Point stands, Halo 2 A could still be in development we have had rumours and the anniversary is not till 2014 it could very well launch as a nextbox title.
I'd love to see H2A as a nextbox launch title... But that would be a year too early, assuming the console will launch Fall 2013.

Risen

Listening to you and Juices talk about their ability in slapping bad kids in Objective is like two eunuchs arguing about which is the better lover.

Now... how does this sound:

Ranked and Skill Based Match Making
Competitively balanced play lists without all the fluff
Clan and Community support
Intuitive and well functioning lobby system

Sounds like Halo right?

Now add:

Live Streaming
Ability to Shout Cast game play - to anyone

What animal am I describing?

Nero are surprisingly "easy-listening" dubstep. If you can even call it dupstep.

A friend and I used a track called Promises in our last Reach montage.

I stumbled on that video when browsing YouTube a couple of days ago. Good stuff.

Since I don't know any artists outside of Skrillex for this genre, that's where I started. I'm really diggin' Rock N' Roll, Kill Everybody, and With You, Friends. I'll look through Nero's stuff next :)

I could imagine a score with tracks chosen by 343i which could fit into the Halo Universe. Or 343i hired some known artists who wrote music pieces which were inspired by Halo 4's art etc.

Also, Frankie, as long as you're reading these boards, are you allowed to say anything on whether allied AI will be as stupid in H4 as it is in Reach and H3?

Because I've seen enough Marines fire rocket launchers point-blank into walls to last a lifetime.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Listening to you and Juices talk about their ability in slapping bad kids in Objective is like two eunuchs arguing about which is the better lover.

Sounds like Halo right?

Now add:

Live Streaming

Halo 5?

lolzzzzzzzzz

Also, Frankie, as long as you're reading these boards, are you allowed to say anything on whether allied AI will be as stupid in H4 as it is in Reach and H3?

Because I've seen enough Marines fire rocket launchers point-blank into walls to last a lifetime.
What kind of answer are you looking for with a question like that?

While on the subject, I will say that I wish more electronic (not dubstep) music was incorporated into games; I really see it as a perfect fit. Think Tron soundtrack for example. I also feel like I'm the only person in this country who listens to goa-psy trance, which is one of my favorite genres of electronica.
You know this is one of my favorite soundtracks ever. I'd love to hear such music in video games. At least Mass Effect 1 had such an amazing soundtrack. You could like it.

Woorloog

Banned
I like this.

dbvsrl.png

Might use it.

I'm too lazy to resize it adequately.

What bothers me is that not one of the specialization armors looks good (one helmet was okay)... Not very good incentive for me. EDIT forgot the perks. Hmm.
Guess i'll be sticking with Warrior armor (the one we've most often seen so far).
Oh wait, Scout looks fine too and HAZOP is ok as well.

Sounds like Halo right?

Now add:

Live Streaming

Ok so here is the plan:

1. COD becomes more and more competitive and begins to play more and more like Halo.
2. Each subsequent Halo copies COD.
3. Halo becomes COD which is actually Halo.
4. Halo is Halo.
5. COD goes the way of Guitar Hero.

So yeah, as expected, Halo 4 wasn't at Gamescom. I can understand why it isn't there since Microsoft wasn't going but is it too difficult for Frankie, David or BS angel to say so? Is it such a big secret? I've asked nearly times and I only got one reaction that didn't even answer the question. I thought 343 was supposed to all into the community but I don't have that feeling right now. Apparently they can't even answer a very simple question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom