• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey You

Ooh, Destiny talk? I highly doubt it's a 360-exclusive, and I'm skeptical of it being a timed exclusive. The contract was just written that way because Bungie has less experience with PS3 development and needed a grace period to determine if it was doable with their resources.

From my previous writeup of the contract:

If they can release [the PS3] at the same time as 360, they should. It would be good to be on the good side of the PS fanbase IMO. Plus I would think it's easier to market.

Loving the Spartan aesthetics this time around.

My top 3 helmets from the Bulletin:

tumblr_lt49ckK0hY1qcd1u1o1_400.gif

Ooh, Destiny talk? I highly doubt it's a 360-exclusive, and I'm skeptical of it being a timed exclusive. The contract was just written that way because Bungie has less experience with PS3 development and needed a grace period to determine if it was doable with their resources.

From my previous writeup of the contract
I do not care which platform, I want to see it, I want to play it. Joseph and Jason are working on it, right?

IHaveIce

Banned
The thing is, I'm not disappointed Halo 4 isn't there, I'm disappointed that neither Frankie, David or BSangel felt like it was necessary to answer the question. In many people's eyes, the answer may have been unnecessary but I think 343 could have saved me (and maybe other people who also felt confused) a lot of confusion if they would have straight up said they weren't going to be there.

I agree 100 %

Good to know it from you now for sure.

And to the guy who said they didn't say they were going, they didn't do it last year and every Halo was at GC.

Good to hear, GC was still fun, I will be going tommorrow and Saturday, we have much time, I think we are going to play some stuff where we have to wait about 3 hours, lol

Maybe I test Call of Duty, it should be like a training for Halo 4

This was posted in a different area of HaloGAF that does not exist. Thought I'd share it here, it's about matchmaking:

I believe that the matchmaking experience should be the developers vision of the game, for better or for worse. Yes, Halo 4 is Call of Battlefield: Space Warfare 9, but at least have confidence in that vision in MM and not try to appeal to everyone that has every had an opinion about a shooter. A more uniform, streamlined matchmaking experience with less playlists makes those playlists that you do have a better experience because they will have a lot of players in them as opposed to Reach's 100 playlists including better connections, trueskill matches, party matching, and DLC frequency. Give the player the options to play their customized game, but they can play that in customs. Matchmaking should be for the core game.

I agree 100 %

Good to know it from you now for sure.

And to the guy who said they didn't say they were going, they didn't do it last year and every Halo was at GC.

Good to hear, GC was still fun, I will be going tommorrow and Saturday, we have much time, I think we are going to play some stuff where we have to wait about 3 hours, lol

Maybe I test Call of Duty, it should be like a training for Halo 4
They did. 343i does not but Microsoft and Bungie did.

Roche

So it seems to me that pre-ordering and buying the limited edition of Halo 4 is pretty important, and since different retailers appear to carry different content (Incredibly stupid) I thought I'd ask here where best to buy Halo 4.

Just thought I'd mention I live in Ireland since that's probably relevant, I hope one the Irish Halo gaffers could share their sage wisdom.

So it seems to me that pre-ordering and buying the limited edition of Halo 4 is pretty important, and since different retailers appear to carry different content (Incredibly stupid) I thought I'd ask here where best to buy Halo 4.

Just thought I'd mention I live in Ireland since that's probably relevant, I hope one the Irish Halo gaffers could share their sage wisdom.
Shopto.

If you must have it at midnight, then Gamestop.
What part of Ireland?

Anybody else think black ops 2 actually looks worth buying? I haven't bought a COD game since original MW. Why does it have to come out so close to halo 4? I can't play 2 mp games at once! Or can I...

Don't get me wrong, Halo 4 numba 1 yaaay

Without GAME my only real option was Gamestop. There are really few places to preorder games without shopping online in this desolate place. HMV might take preorders but I can't be too sure. Tescoes might just have normal copies around launch.

nillapuddin

This was posted in a different area of HaloGAF that does not exist. Thought I'd share it here, it's about matchmaking:

I believe that the matchmaking experience should be the developers vision of the game, for better or for worse. Yes, Halo 4 is Call of Battlefield: Space Warfare 9, but at least have confidence in that vision in MM and not try to appeal to everyone that has every had an opinion about a shooter. A more uniform, streamlined matchmaking experience with less playlists makes those playlists that you do have a better experience because they will have a lot of players in them as opposed to Reach's 100 playlists including better connections, trueskill matches, party matching, and DLC frequency. Give the player the options to play their customized game, but they can play that in customs. Matchmaking should be for the core game.

I dont like the CoBF:SW9 reference, its far to much of a generalization

But I agree, I dont mind if they take on tertiary things to cater to customization, whether its meta-game, or cosmetic

As long as the MM experience is focused and crystal clear, it will be a very enjoyable title

Anybody else think black ops 2 actually looks worth buying? I haven't bought a COD game since original MW. Why does it have to come out so close to halo 4? I can't play 2 mp games at once! Or can I...

Don't get me wrong, halo 4 numba 1 yaaay
Yeah definitely. But I came to terms with my CoD addiction a long time ago.

Hey, that's my opinion I posted twenty OTs ago.

Staten or Tung? Jones or Sussman? :p

As far as I know, Bungie is all-hands on Destiny, aside from Marcus Lehto's small project.
Tung and Sussman of course. Nobody cares about Staten and Jones!

IHaveIce

Banned
They did. 343i does not but Microsoft and Bungie did.

yeah Bungie did it always, Microsoft did it? Don't remember it, but I know I tweeted BsAngel back then, and she said she couldn't give me a clear answer.

I don't think it is 343's fault at all, maybe they aren't allowed to give such statements or whatever.

Hyper I count on you, pull an MTW and steal a Halo 4 build and bring it to Germany.

jk

I actually have stated that we wouldn't be at Gamescon, but that we WOULD be going to Yerp before launch. Naturally I can't expect you to follow every random post I make but we don't do announcements about stuff we're not going to be at either. This wasn't a tease. Just a gap.

You perhaps still have that post somewhere? Cause I pretty much read every page in the OT's and I did not see it. Not saying you're lying, but I'd like to see it myself.

Roche

Shopto.

If you must have it at midnight, then Gamestop.
What part of Ireland?

I live in Dublin and I'm really in no rush to get it at midnight, I can wait a little while. I'd just like to get the most I can with one purchase since I can't get it all at one place as far as I know.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You perhaps still have that post somewhere? Cause I pretty much read every page in the OT's and I did not see it. Not saying you're lying, but I'd like to see it myself.

Would almost certainly have been here, but maybe HBO or Waypoint. Just read every post I ever made. It will make you more betterer.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Ask Cyren. Pretty sure he gets a text whenever Frankie or David post in this thread lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only person who barely pays attention to music in games and movies? Every so often there's a stand out track, but usually I don't even register it. People finding similarities between the Back to the Future theme and the music in the IGN vid yesterday are blowing my mind, cause I didn't really even notice the music in either.

You've said this before (and so have I), but it's worth repeating as we get closer to 343 revealing the launch playlists.

It really comes down to one thing: players who don't like all the new additions and changes 343 has made will not be satisfied with one 4v4 playlist that will most likely be slayer. If I don't like the mods and the AAs, I'm going to want more than a 4v4 playlist that will most likely be slayer. I'd want classic BTB, and maybe a 4v4 objective playlist if I don't like the changes 343 has made to objective gametypes.

Of course, 343 could keep classic playlists to one, no matter the demand for more.

Though I just thought of a solution that could make everyone happy. This'll ensure variety for players who only want to play classic playlist in matchmaking and keep it to one playlist so as to not fragment the player base. 343 could switch out the classic playlist with every monthly update.

November 2012: Classic Slayer (4v4)
December 2012: Classic BTB
January 2012: Classic Objective (4v4)

And so on...

Tashi

Am I the only person who barely pays attention to music in games and movies? Every so often there's a stand out track, but usually I don't even register it. People finding similarities between the Back to the Future theme and the music in the IGN vid yesterday are blowing my mind, cause I didn't really even notice the music in either.

I really only notice it in movies or games if it's amazing/good or bad. If it's just ok then I'm just not paying attention to it. All of my favorite movies and games have memorable soundtracks. It's a big part of the experience for me.

Would almost certainly have been here, but maybe HBO or Waypoint. Just read every post I ever made. It will make you more betterer.

Well, you haven't mention Gamescom since July the 20th so either you said it before that date or you answered the question after July 20th but you didn't mention Gamescom in the sentence. Even though you said it once, did you never ever see my post asking the question these past few weeks? If you did, I imagine it wouldn't have been to much trouble to answer my question, no?

Everything that 343 Industries has stated and demonstrated suggests a game that will have very few playlists (thanks to the heavy amount of customization in the core game).

So lame. The real joy of Oddball Swordbase is rushing the ball to Operations and winning 150-0 while making mince meat out of anybody coming through Yellow Lift Hall and the Atrium->Operations door/ramp. It's called an Oddfection. Oddball carrier taunting at the window is a must.

How are Shopto with delivering things on the day of release to Dublin? I queued up at midnight at my local Game for Reach, but it's closed now. :(
I make no promises. The only release date thing I've gotten from them arrived on release date in Limerick. UK-GAF has gotten some stuff a day early from my reading in Cheap Ass Gaffer. No promises from me as to how that will go with Halo 4.

I ain't taking no late blame on my conscience. Got enough to sit in a corner and drink about, thank you very much.
Well, you haven't mention Gamescom since July the 20th so either you said it before that date or you answered the question after July 20th but you didn't mention Gamescom in the sentence. Even though you said it once, did you never ever see my post asking the question these past few weeks? If you did, I imagine it wouldn't have been to much trouble to answer my question, no?
Hardly reads every post. Your upset is clear and surely noted. Don't turn it into a drama thing. Come on.

Dude, you're being creepy.

Calm down. You were at GamesCom today. You had fun in Cologne.

Or are you mad I was not there and have not bought you a golden currywurst?

CyReN

I'll put money on Dallas with H4, Halo 4 is releasing a few days before and Certain Affinity right around the corner from this place (I have no idea how Texas works but yea). With that they even have pros at 343i atm.

I need something to hold onto..

edit:spellorz

So lame. The real joy of Oddball Swordbase is rushing the ball to Operations and winning 150-0 while making mince meat out of anybody coming through Yellow Lift Hall and the Atrium->Operations door/ramp. It's called an Oddfection. Oddball carrier taunting at the window is a must.
False, that's boring. Overdoz1z's rendition captures the one true way to play oddball swordbase, as intended by the developers. I'm sure a sketch could be made to show the proper way to play 2-flag zealot, also.

Tashi

I'll put money on Dallas with H4, Halo 4 is releasing a few days before and Certain Infinity right around the corner from this place (I have no idea how Texas works but yea). With that they even have pros at 343i atm.

Probably both :O

If Halo then Risen needs to go.

*Affinity btw

I'll put money on Dallas with H4, Halo 4 is releasing a few days before and Certain Infinity right around the corner from this place (I have no idea how Texas works but yea). With that they even have pros at 343i atm.

For sure, but I beli343 the 2013 news is COD on circuit.

We can always hope for halo as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom