• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, I'm not disappointed Halo 4 isn't there, I'm disappointed that neither Frankie, David or BSangel felt like it was necessary to answer the question. In many people's eyes, the answer may have been unnecessary but I think 343 could have saved me (and maybe other people who also felt confused) a lot of confusion if they would have straight up said they weren't going to be there.

I've got friends planning to go to the London event in case halo 4 turns up, many of them don't even browse gaf, 343 should just up a article saying what events to expect them at to stop people doing that.

• Warrior
  • Soldier
  • Scout
  • Recon
  • Hazop
  • Infiltrator
  • Orbital
  • CIO
  • EOD
  • Venator
  • Gungnir
  • Oceanic
  • Deadeye
  • Locus
  • Recruit
  • Prime
  • Wetwork
  • Pioneer
  • Engineer
  • Tracker
  • Rogue
  • Stalker
  • Pathfinder
  • Operator
  • Mk V :) :) :) :)

Im counting Mk V cause.. ya know, Mk V

It's crazy how much customization is in this game.

It's a shame I don't care about how my spartan looks.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
You never know what you're going to see walking through the door in our studio.

574662_10100538331965778_1854738229_n.jpg

CyReN

Can't tell if he's that tall or she's short..

===

Looks like one of my former locals from Michigan that randomly works at MLG is randomly going Seattle, randomly.

Yf91E.png

brb drinking.

edit: Welcome back Wu!

ZalinKrow

That's one crazy list of armour. I knew we had seen a lot, but damn. I'm a big fan of what's been shown, but I hope there's still plenty we don't know about.

Top man, the only flaw is that he supports Portsmouth. :p

Two successive relegations and still you mock! You have no heart Bam. Southampton on MOTD Saturday too :<

One thing that has become more and more apparent with the unveiling of new abilities within Halo 4 is the abject importance of strict party matching in MM. It already really really sucks in Reach to matched against a full party when you're playing with anything less and should never happen imo.

In Halo 4, when playing with randoms there are going to be redundancies; three guys may choose the 'stay in scope' perk yet only one gets the sniper while two guys may choose the 'vehicle buff' perk but a guy who uses the 'silent footstep' perk snatches the only Hog on their side of the map and drives off without thinking. Contrast that to a full team, where for the first time in Halo they'll have designated roles that calibrate to the armour mod they have equipped. So you'll see the 'scope stability' guy get the snipe, the Hog driver choose the vehicle buff, the Gunner will pick the 'reduced turret cooldown' mod, the defensive players who hang close to their base using the 'HUD indicator' mod to provide intel on a guy who just killed them and is closing on a flag grab and another guy with the 'early Ordnance intel' perk letting everyone on their team know when and where those sweet power weapons will be dropping in advance so they can all set up. The full party slaughtering of rag tag groups of randoms will be institutionalised now and more crushingly savage than the screams of the haunted halls of Swordbase, home to the repeatedly slain.

So...uh, I just saw that video of the weapons.

Are there any hands-on impressions or multiplayer gameplay videos that discuss or show how the SAW and the railgun AREN'T overpowered?

And I mean, these are going to be weapons you get to start the match with by unlocking through an EXP grind?

Goddamnit, I just wanted more Halo...

TheOddOne

Are there any hands-on impressions or multiplayer gameplay videos that discuss or show how the SAW and the railgun AREN'T overpowered?

And I mean, these are going to be weapons you get to start the match with by unlocking through an EXP grind?

Those are ordnance weapons aka kill-streak stuff.

Shadders

The thing is, I'm not disappointed Halo 4 isn't there, I'm disappointed that neither Frankie, David or BSangel felt like it was necessary to answer the question. In many people's eyes, the answer may have been unnecessary but I think 343 could have saved me (and maybe other people who also felt confused) a lot of confusion if they would have straight up said they weren't going to be there.

I cancelled my trip because there wasn't so much of a hint it would be there. It'd be great if it was there, obviously, but when Microsoft announce they won't be attending an event, you have to assume their biggest game won't be there.

they aren't starting weapons, they're on-map weapons

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ok whoa. Not to be weird or anything(especially since Kiki is a GAF member now) but she has got some serious calf muscles. Wow!

Watching the Magic Behind Halo 4 again.
Wait, what? These guys (on the left) are not re-imagined ODSTs but Spartan IVs?
One can be seen at 2:14 in the BTS video. Definetly looks like Mjolnir armor.
So... does that mean the default Mjolnir GEN2 helmet looks kinda rectangular ODST helmet?

Yeah, they are definitely not ODSTs, when you see em from behind you can tell its Spartan armor.. Hm, I wonder if that is the default armor.

• Warrior
  • Soldier
  • Scout
  • Recon
  • Hazop
  • Infiltrator
  • Orbital
  • CIO
  • EOD
  • Venator
  • Gungnir
  • Oceanic
  • Deadeye
  • Locus
  • Recruit
  • Prime
  • Wetwork
  • Pioneer
  • Engineer
  • Tracker
  • Rogue
  • Stalker
  • Pathfinder
  • Operator
  • Mk V :) :) :) :)

Im counting Mk V cause.. ya know, Mk V

My god we are gonna have a lot of customization options..

Hm, I wonder if the visor colors are helmet specific, a lot of those specialization visors look like they were custom fit for the helmet.

My god, he is tall. Also, his forearms look like he is Popeye after eating spinach.

Karl2177

Seems like your allergic to good stuff...like Halo 4.

Lolololol.

Seriously you and Karl produced the biggest laughs in the lobby today.
I don't know if this is good or bad. Anyway I'm off to poop a game better than Reach.

Post about it on the HaloGAF thread to be #1 poster.
SLTY

----

Ellis/Frank: can you relay on to the Waypoint webteam that the medal for Hell's Janitor on the Service Record is the Hell's Jerome medal?

----

So for those still needing the "Don't Touch That!" achievement(Defiant One-Flag), this Saturday I'm gonna be on around noon-ish CST. I'm gonna uninstall Noble and Anniversary, so the only DLC that shows up is Defiant. We'll need a group of 10 people to go into Team Objective. Who is up for it?

Players
-Karl2177
-TCKaos
-Mister Negative
-Hypertrooper
-Tawpgun
-The Real Napsta
-Dax01
-
Alternates
-DesertFox

I'm probably going to update this once or twice before Friday.

nillapuddin

Random thought, I wonder if I use a weapon skin and get killed, if someone picks up my weapon will it still have my skin on it?

im pretty sure no
source: cannot remember :/

but I feel that question was answered somewhere before

p.s.
@demon

i was thinking the same thing about visor colors, I will be a sad if I dont have the full spectrum for (mk V) but idk, they do look pretty specifically fit on those helmets

What? SK was overrated on TD for the longest time. Hysteria, Neighbor, FiS, Snipedown, Heinz, Pistola were god like with TD. Not that SK was bad but once he split from TD he NEVER recovered. Good player recover.
SK was a good team leader and good at strategy, but he's a poor player (relatively, obviously). Dude should have coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom