• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyReN

SK was a good team leader and good at strategy, but he's a poor player (relatively, obviously). Dude should have coached.

Strategy and leadership were bs terms by competitive gaming to cover players on USA/SpikeTV or streams. The only true strategy I've seen a captain come up with was maybe Walshy doing the green room strat on Lockout with the ball.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So he's helping you test a very specific playlist with static weapon spawns on fixed timers, power ups as pick ups, and stripped of most armor modifications?

Nope, he's helping test stock Halo to make sure it doesn't break down in competitive play like almost every Halo has.

My reply to Frankie's post... must resist.

Another nice photo of the Chief:

638709726.jpg

I just really wish that Visor didn't looks so much like the cat helmet, Oakley or not.. It just doesn't look 'right', IMO at least. None the less I'm so freaking pumped to see more from FUD.

im pretty sure no
source: cannot remember :/

but I feel that question was answered somewhere before

p.s.
@demon

i was thinking the same thing about visor colors, I will be a sad if I dont have the full spectrum for (mk V) but idk, they do look pretty specifically fit on those helmets

Eh, I bet the weapon skins will stay on if they are dropped, but who knows.

And yeah, I hope we have a ton of choices for Visor colors.. or maybe even visor style? It would be interesting if they had more options than just color, though I'm unsure how it would work exactly.

Strategy and leadership were bs terms by competitive gaming to cover players asses on USA/SpikeTV. The only true strategy I've seen a captain come up with was maybe Walshy doing the green room strat on Lockout with the ball.
Whenever I was watching TD SK was always the one calling the runs, talking the most, keeping everyone focused, and stuff like that. He just always seemed to be the grounded one of the team and in that role he did well I think

Risen

What? SK was overrated on TD for the longest time. Hysteria, Neighbor, FiS, Snipedown, Heinz, Pistola were god like with TD. Not that SK was bad but once he split from TD he NEVER recovered. Good player recover.

]

Im guessing thats sarcasm since all of those but Pistola were shit on by Reach.

Holiday

Banned
What? SK was overrated on TD for the longest time. Hysteria, Neighbor, FiS, Snipedown, Heinz, Pistola were god like with TD. Not that SK was bad but once he split from TD he NEVER recovered. Good player recover.
The larger point I was making was that no pros recovered from Reach, because Reach killed pro Halo. But, focusing on the specifics, the guy won 5 tournaments, and TD never won without him. He's no 2gre, but that's nothing to sniff at.

Again though, the point is that Reach made everyone retire.

I don't know if this is good or bad. Anyway I'm off to poop a game better than Reach.

"Oh damn, I dropped my pop tarts"

Perfect.

Anyway, I'm gonna retire reach at the end of August, play something else in September, and go through a H3 campaign playthrough in October, just in time for 4.

I like this:
While statements like that do get me excited to play the game because that hints at the direction they're going in – experiencing huge and mysterious alien worlds – ultimately any attempt to repilcate or recapture the feeling you had when you first stepped on the Halo ring in Halo: CE will fail I believe. And there's a reason for that: It can't be replicated. That first time you had never experienced anything like a Halo before; it was all so new and fresh.

It's good to look at that feeling for inspiration, but the best one can do in "recapturing/replicating" that feeling is a unique take on the same theme. I hope 343 is going more that route, because the other will lead to disappointment.

Part of this is the fans' fault. A lot of people look forward to the next Halo game hoping it will be another Halo: CE in that it'll replicate that feeling they had when first played the game. People should realize it's a different game with its own take on the universe. You'll be more satisfied with the final product.
Wow. Gone for a solid two weeks, and you're STILL on the same OT? You disappoint me, HaloGAF.
Oh, we're almost there.

CyReN

Whenever I was watching TD SK was always the one calling the runs, talking the most, keeping everyone focused, and stuff like that. He just always seemed to be the grounded one of the team and in that role he did well I think

Those are pretty standard things though for most players, that's just me though.

The larger point I was making was that no pros recovered from Reach, because Reach killed pro Halo. But, focusing on the specifics, the guy won 5 tournaments, and TD never won without him. He's no 2gre, but that's nothing to sniff at.

Again though, the point is that Reach made everyone retire.

A lot of older pros (h1-h2) areas couldn't get use to bloom IMO. Players that had the most damage from bloom being in the 11' season would be players like Flamesword, Snipedown, etc. NB MLG is glorious to watch:)

lilty

You'd think so, but I think that team in particular needed it. Like Holiday said, they never won a tournament without him, so he must have brought something to the table.

You forget that in 2010 they were competing against Instinct and Final Boss, both of which were amazing teams that year.

You forget that in 2010 they were competing against Instinct and Final Boss, both of which were amazing teams that year.
True but they were still past their prime a bit. Str8 was a great team when it was TD vs Str8 before too. They weren't nearly as dominant in 2010 as they had been from what I remember

Reach ended SK's career, and every other Halo pro's for that matter.

Funny thing is the same can be said about Halo 2 and many Halo 1 pros. Difference is that Halo 2 had a HUGE fanbase because of XBL and the hype machine coming off Halo 1, so the loss of Halo 1 OG's were more than compensated by the millions of new players.

Maybe Halo needed Reach in order to refresh the series.. I mean Halo 4 is essentially what Reach should've been in many aspects of the game, not just Multiplayer. How many people were hyped about finally having many other Spartans on the battlefield once Reach was announced?

What Reach could've been:

2820771-web_preview.png

Reach's scale was too small for what actually happened IMO

Funny thing is the same can be said about Halo 2 and many Halo 1 pros. Difference is that Halo 2 had a HUGE fanbase because of XBL and the hype machine coming off Halo 1, so the loss of Halo 1 OG's were more than compensated by the millions of new players.

Maybe Halo needed Reach in order to refresh the series.. I mean Halo 4 is essentially what Reach should've been in many aspects of the game, not just Multiplayer. How many people were hyped about finally having many other Spartans on the battlefield once Reach was announced?

What Reach could've been:

http://download.halowaypoint.com/content/waypoint/assets/images/b133dbea198041a882a38d6e93736cfa/2820771-web_preview.png[IMG]

Reach's scale was too small for what actually happened IMO[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? I don't really get the point your making with that picture. The only thing we see is the chief with 2 spartan IV's standing behind him. We know nothing about the mission this is taken from.

Risen

Strategy and leadership were bs terms by competitive gaming to cover players on USA/SpikeTV or streams.

LOL I call bull shit... this would only have been thought by players with all the skill in the world and no idea they were their own problem.

Wait, what? I don't really get the point your making with that picture. The only thing we see is the chief with 2 spartan IV's standing behind him. We know nothing about the mission this is taken from.

The Chief with other Spartans about to enter, what's safe to assume, a large battle is what Reach should've been like. Even if MC wasn't in Reach, the scale of the story should've been much more grand. Reach's story was too grounded and secluded for the title of Reach - Bungie should've just named it Halo: Noble Team or some shi..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom