• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enfinit

One of my roommates just moved into my apartment. Never met him before. Notices my Xbox, he asks "You play?", I respond with "Yea, I'm a huge Halo fan." He goes "Me too!" and asks for my gamertag. He responds "You're THE Enfinit?! I've heard you on some podcasts and read your blogs on some Halo forums" with a smile.

MY EGO +9000. TURNS OUT I'M NOT A LOSER.

mfw wat r teh chances of this happening

darthbob

One of my roommates just moved into my apartment. Never met him before. Notices my Xbox, he asks "You play?", I respond with "Yea, I'm a huge Halo fan." He goes "Me too!" and asks for my gamertag. He responds "You're THE Enfinit?! I've heard you on some podcasts and read your blogs on some Halo forums" with a smile.

Roommate's face =
image.php

He might be stalking you. :p

No but really thats awesome, I predict awesome Halo sessions in your future.

Sounds like someones getting laid.

Ryaaan14

Banned

46Yi6.jpg

CyReN

One time I wore my MLG hoodie to a movie theater and someone came up and started talking Starcraft, I have since burned it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

But then he read this post.

Enfinit

Roommate's face = http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=98876&dateline=1344448913[IMG][/QUOTE]
More like my face.

[quote="bobs99 ..., post: 41112265"]He might be stalking you. :P

No but really thats awesome, I predict awesome Halo sessions in your future.[/QUOTE]
I know, I'm so freakin' pumped.

[quote="xxjuicesxx, post: 41112273"]Sounds like someones getting laid.[/QUOTE]
His girlfriend's pretty cute.

[quote="Ryaaan14, post: 41112287"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/46Yi6.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7vue2jjy71rpr5myo1_400.gif

lol, "the Enfinit."

That's pretty cool though.
I'm not sure what the "the" implied, but it's awesome nonetheless.

But then he read this post.
I was on GAF while talking to him, he didn't recognize the site. I think I'm safe.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

lol time to find a new roomate

One time I wore my MLG hoodie to a movie theater and someone came up and started talking Starcraft, I have since burned it.

HAHAHAH get shit on lol

CyReN

Do you guys have backup plans if MLG doesn't support Halo 4?

Probably support Arena Gaming and other grass root gaming companies for Halo 4. As for competing I've been done since 09' (discounting Cbus since it was just there for support). I'll do my best to get word out about tourneys via twitter/THC as usual.

feel

I don't see Halo 4 being very succesful in MLG. No matter how good of a gametype can be created, it will be completely different from what the unwashed masses play, and that just doesn't work. Mass esport audiences enjoy games where the absolute best players are playing somewhat the same thing as everyone else in the world. That's what makes it exciting, watching the pros, talking about it with friends and on forums, and then actually jumping into the game and playing the same thing (optional playlist with like 5% of the game's population doesn't count).

Well it was a dream so chances were pretty favorable.

nillapuddin

I will agree, since I know the actual events of what happened on Reach (book nerd)

The story of Halo: Reach is verrry isolated

HOWEVER

I understand why, Bungie wanted to tie into the beginning of CE, they wanted an isolated story, and they didnt have the time and backbone to create a fully fledged Halo # worthy single player

I am completely okay with what Halo Reach single player was, obviously many arguments could be made it wasnt "worthy" or whatever, but it was a very good spin-off game

the fact is it wasnt marketed as one, so we put it in a different category than ODST

both of which are spin-off titles, they dont have a full 3 year dev cycle with a couple hundred people working on them tirelessly

Hilarious new roommate story

now I have to top you, my new roommates better be like

your THE NILLA-PUDDIN!?!

p.s.
how funny you and I were just talkin about this the other day

Tawpgun

I'm wondering if Frankie can give a rough estimate as to how many helmets in Halo 4 have visors bigger than a sliver of glass and that aren't in a stupid location.

Basically, what visors would I be able to clearly see through if they were clear. Because the helmets shown so far suck with some exceptions.

zap

I will agree, since I know the actual events of what happened on Reach (book nerd)

The story of Halo: Reach is verrry isolated

HOWEVER

I understand why, Bungie wanted to tie into the beginning of CE, they wanted an isolated story, and they didnt have the time and backbone to create a fully fledged Halo # worthy single player

I am completely okay with what Halo Reach single player was, obviously many arguments could be made it wasnt "worthy" or whatever, but it was a very good spin-off game

the fact is it wasnt marketed as one, so we put it in a different category than ODST

both of which are spin-off titles, they dont have a full 3 year dev cycle with a couple hundred people working on them tirelessly

Reach had a 3yr dev cycle... There may not have been the whole studio working on it (I'm not sure the details), but it was no ODST.

Then how would you play more Avalanche with me, Steely?

Click

On the serious though, I was responding to what Cyren and Co would do, at this point I couldn't care less if MLG picks up Halo 4, in fact I'd almost prefer if they didn't. Reach was not the ideal game for them, but I think they really mismanaged the game and their community.

CyReN

Click

On the serious though, I was responding to what Cyren and Co would do, at this point I could care less if MLG picks up Halo 4, in fact I'd almost prefer if they didn't. Reach was not the ideal game for them, but I think they really mismanaged the game and their community.

I'm fine with it not coming back, IMO Competitive Halo (big tourneys, huge prizes, etc) prime is in the past as hard as it is to say. The only thing that I want is for the competitive community to have control over or influence in the playlist (if we get one). We have had no control (MLG has it, 343i just implements) over it in anyway since it was formed in H3, along with that it's since been abandoned since April.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Click

On the serious though, I was responding to what Cyren and Co would do, at this point I couldn't care less if MLG picks up Halo 4, in fact I'd almost prefer if they didn't. Reach was not the ideal game for them, but I think they really mismanaged the game and their community.

I would rather the competitive scene be blown up and started over from scratch. It will be stronger in the long run that way.

nillapuddin

Reach had a 3yr dev cycle... There may not have been the whole studio working on it (I'm not sure the details), but it was no ODST.

that was what I said, it didnt have a fully staffed-3 year development

If there were 200 people working on Reach for 3 years Im confident the boats would have made it in

(im slightly teasing here, but the point remains)

I'm fine with it not coming back, IMO Competetive Halo (big tourneys, huge prizes, etc) prime is in the past as hard as it is to say. The only thing that I want is for the competitive community to have control over or influence in the playlist (if we get one). We have had no control (MLG has it, 343i just implements) over it in anyway since it was formed in H3, along with that it's since been abandoned since April.
Agreed, the fact that only MLG controls it sucks because now the playlist will never get updated.
*couldn't
Whoops, fixed.
I would rather the competitive scene be blown up and started over from scratch. It will be stronger in the long run that way.

Agreed. I think Reach showed that MLG had gotten far to narrow-minded about the settings they wanted and was too stubborn to listen to the competitive community.
I hope Halo 4 gets picked up by MLG.

If BO2 gets picked up because of the new "CoDcast", then I don't know what I'll do.
I think Blops 2 has a very good chance of getting picked up for the MLG circuit at this point. Those features in the game make it so much easier and cheaper for MLG to use the game.
that was what I said, it didnt have a fully staffed-3 year development

If there were 200 people working on Reach for 3 years Im confident the boats would have made it in

(im slightly teasing here, but the point remains)

I'm almost positive that over 200 people were working on Reach 3 years.

nillapuddin

I'm almost positive that over 200 people were working on Reach 3 years.

I cannot dispute it, it was just my impression, unless I provide a source its just my opinion

"After developing Halo 3 in 2007, Bungie split into teams to develop two different games—what would become Halo 3: ODST and Reach." - Wikipedia
:/

I understand ODST was finished first but I cannot conceive how there were 3 full years for Reach

I have nothing wrong with Halo Reach campaign, I just choose to view it in a different light, I think its a marvelous story

because we feel depressed getting on Reach knowing how close H4 is.

This is a great way to put it.

Edit:Nice, the crackle app on the iPad, has got a very nice update, loving the fact that roughnecks full (and only) season is on there, the description is even better.

Id be happy if there was no competitive scene. I played through the entire halo 2/3 online lifespan. Often times playing against Mlg associated people who were absolute elitist douchebags. They really are among the least desirable people to play with. Not saying all them are. I'm sure they're are some down to earth folks among them.

But the impression they've made on me has been very negative. Avoiding them would be better on halo 4.

There are lames everywhere, but with a non existent competitive scene I hope there's less of them in halo 4.

I cannot dispute it, it was just my impression, unless I provide a source its just my opinion

"After developing Halo 3 in 2007, Bungie split into teams to develop two different games—what would become Halo 3: ODST and Reach." - Wikipedia
:/

I understand ODST was finished first but I cannot conceive how there were 3 full years for Reach

I have nothing wrong with Halo Reach campaign, I just choose to view it in a different light, I think its a marvelous story

See i agree with you. I believe a lot of concept didn't have time to become fully fledged out when it come to Reach. Had they had more time (and were willing) to hone and "perfect" these concept and mechanic i believe reach could have been a great game instead of a meh Game. I mean i do enjoy playing it with friends. I dont much like match making but when i lan with friends i can find alot of enjoyment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom