• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of try-hard, unsportsmanlike assholes that I've encountered and I'm pretty sure that what he's referring to by MLG. I remember playing games of ranked doubles, and win or lose, the other team would act like the most unrefined, malignant fucks around. I still want a competitive element, but keep all the try-hard, foulmouthed asshats out if it. Let MLG be there.
/rant.

This is more what i was getting at. Dont get me wrong im all for competitiveness. I was a rank whore in Halo 2/3. But it seemed that in Halo 2 after a game of high level team slayer youd at least get a good game or whatever. Same in my quest for a 50 in h3 slayer at the beginning.

I think my problem is more with players in general becoming bigger jackasses then ever and not solely with MLG players.

Playing with less and less decent people these days i guess. Online gaming though, i should know better lol.

Oy Halo Wars or Reach anyone?

I'll play Halo Wars if you ever get that itch again ;] (3v3's) LOVE that shit!

Gives me chills everytime.

Seriously, how the hell can you not support this game and the community around it? Ugh :/

QcXfc.jpg

Ryaaan14

Banned
I don't understand how whenever a morsel of Halo 4 information comes out, the next thing I know there's ten different videos describing what I just read in video form.

For example, after the bulletin came out yesterday, we got recap (or analysis, clarification, explanation, or whatever the heck you want to call it) from THC, Greenskull, Naked Eli, Bravo, Ducain23 (who also comes from ReadyUpLive), Halo4Follower, and various other Halo-related YouTube personalities.

Every single video said the same thing, literally repeating what I just read from the bulletin. They're all awesome guys (minus Halo4Follower), however it's just really, really dumb. They're essentially reaching the same exact group of people, and it's not like people are clamoring for these videos.

I look forward to and enjoy watching a good analysis video of gameplay or trailers, but this just strikes me as odd that they're all friends, yet they're all competing for Halo dominance in the YouTube realm. Dunno why it bothers me so much, I just feel like the talent and effort could go towards something much better and unique.

EDIT: I also never understood why the Shade Turret is considered a vehicle.
Why does it bother you so much? All they're doing is recapping info for their individual communities. I don't care to watch them, but a lot of people do.

Howdy

Neo Member
I don't understand how whenever a morsel of Halo 4 information comes out, the next thing I know there's ten different videos describing what I just read in video form.

For example, after the bulletin came out yesterday, we got recap (or analysis, clarification, explanation, or whatever the heck you want to call it) from THC, Greenskull, Naked Eli, Bravo, Ducain23 (who also comes from ReadyUpLive), Halo4Follower, and various other Halo-related YouTube personalities.

Every single video said the same thing, literally repeating what I just read from the bulletin. They're all awesome guys (minus Halo4Follower), however it's just really, really dumb. They're essentially reaching the same exact group of people, and it's not like people are clamoring for these videos.

I look forward to and enjoy watching a good analysis video of gameplay or trailers, but this just strikes me as odd that they're all friends, yet they're all competing for Halo dominance in the YouTube realm. Dunno why it bothers me so much, I just feel like the talent and effort could go towards something much better and unique.

EDIT: I also never understood why the Shade Turret is considered a vehicle.

It's not that big a deal to me, it's like tuning in on breaking news and seeing the same stuff being reported by ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, CSPAN, etc. If the news is big enough, they are all carrying it.

In the end you just find the source who you like best (for whatever your personal reason) and keep watching them. Or you watch them all... which it sounds like you did.

DeadNames

Banned
Just played some vanilla Reach.

I couldn't last 3 matches. It's unbearable. I immediately went to Halo 3 afterwards.

How did people live through (and continue to live through) that monstrosity?

nillapuddin

Playing halo 3, having a great night

BR's on Construct

(bullshitfuckinghostswitchinglagswitchinghorseshitrant)

"STR8 Tipsy" you win, have fun

douche

Aside from that having a blast.

Enfinit

Why does it bother you so much? All they're doing is recapping info for their individual communities. I don't care to watch them, but a lot of people do.
I suppose.

It's not that big a deal to me, it's like tuning in on breaking news and seeing the same stuff being reported by ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, CSPAN, etc. If the news is big enough, they are all carrying it.

In the end you just find the source who you like best (for whatever your personal reason) and keep watching them. Or you watch them all... which it sounds like you did.
I watched them all for the sake of accuracy in my post, it's not a regular thing. Your news metaphor is pretty spot-on. Well put.

I couldn't last 3 matches. It's unbearable. I immediately went to Halo 3 afterwards.

Dude, same here. My cousin who doesn't really keep up to date on Halo anymore made me play TS. Terrible.

Was the worst piece of shit gaming experience I've ever played, can't believe I actually was excited beyond belief for this garb lol.

I can't last one game. Playing halo by myself is impossible now, I just can't handle the stupid. The only time I play anymore is in a group with GAF, and no one seems to be playing when I've been on lately.

But then you play the TU and love the DMR that little bit more :)

Funny thing is the vanilla bloom from launch was good over long distances, it just sucked at the more focused on CQB & mid range.

DeadNames

Banned
I can't last one game. Playing halo by myself is impossible now, I just can't handle the stupid. The only time I play anymore is in a group with GAF, and no one seems to be playing when I've been on lately.

Send me a friend request... My GT is DeadNames. I played objective with Elzar, Risen, and a few others about a week ago, and it was the most fun I've had in Reach in a long time.

I need someone to play Halo with, anyways.

But then you play the TU and love the DMR that little bit more :)

Funny thing is the vanilla bloom from launch was good over long distances, it just sucked at the more focused on CQB & mid range.

It was the worst over long ranges... Shoot, wait. Shoot, wait. Shoot, crap I missed! It was sooooooo slow paced.

I agree with the TU part though :p SO MUCH BETTER.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Ok I think I have enough questions for Bravo. Thanks everyone. It should certainly be an entertaining segment lol

Can't wait to hear it!

As far as this conversation goes about DLC maps, I happen to like the ones in Reach. Really interested to see what Certain Affinity does this time around.

Wait.. Damage Boost isn't a real perk.. right?
Please let it be a joke that went over my head.

EDIT: Oh righttt its the ordnance drop power up, crisis averted

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone up for some HaloGAF customs on Saturday at 3pm Pacific (10pm GMT)?

Awesome, me too.

I want to try out a variety of maps + gametypes and use MLG V7 settings whenever possible. Feel free to make map and gametype suggestions before hand, and I'll set up a playlist. Here's some ideas:

• MLG CTF V7 on Condemned and/or Tempest (10 - 12 players)
  • MLG Slayer on this pretty decent Colossus remake I found and tweaked. (8 - 10 players)
  • TU Territories on Highlands (6 - 8 players) (And maybe MLG CTF on Highlands, but only to 3 pts?)
  • MLG KOTH on Beaver Creek (8 - 10 players)
  • Hog Potato on Hemorrhage (8 - 16 players)
    <3 Hog Potato

And then for the bonus round:
  • Oddball Swordbase
  • Oddball Swordbase
  • Oddball Swordbase
I know some of these options are less than ideal, but Reach doesn't exactly have awesome BTB options. Suggestions are totally welcome! I'm planning on wrapping things up at 5pm Pacific, two hours after we start, but others may be down to continue.

Edit : I'd actually be down for some Halo 3 customs, but I don't have edited maps or anything like that. Someone else would have to coordinate that or link me to them.

I really dont get why some people freak out so much about it. Its really not as bad as some make it out to be.

But then i preferred Halo 2 multiplayer over CE. Im sure to be maligned form Halo-Gaf...

A lot of people actually preferred Halo 2 Multiplayer over CE, but I think it all depends on where you started to invest a lot of time.

I added you on XBL btw - me and my friend get that itch to play HW sometimes, but can rarely find a third. Cutter rushes all day!
lol

Hey 343, will the Nameplate feature make a return or is this too soon? A friend of mine has been asking this on the HaloWaypoint page for awhile.

Awesome, me too.

I want to try out a variety of maps + gametypes and use MLG V7 settings whenever possible. Feel free to make map and gametype suggestions before hand, and I'll set up a playlist. Here's some ideas:

• MLG CTF V7 on Condemned and/or Tempest (10 - 12 players)
  • MLG Slayer on this pretty decent Colossus remake I found and tweaked. (8 - 10 players)
  • TU Territories on Highlands (6 - 8 players) (And maybe MLG CTF on Highlands, but only to 3 pts?)
  • MLG KOTH on Beaver Creek (8 - 10 players)
  • Hog Potato on Hemorrhage (8 - 16 players)
    <3 Hog Potato

And then for the bonus round:
  • Oddball Swordbase
  • Oddball Swordbase
  • Oddball Swordbase
I know some of these options are less than ideal, but Reach doesn't exactly have awesome BTB options. Suggestions are totally welcome! I'm planning on wrapping things up at 5pm Pacific, two hours after we start, but others may be down to continue.

Edit : I'd actually be down for some Halo 3 customs, but I don't have edited maps or anything like that. Someone else would have to coordinate that or link me to them.

These sound interesting at the least, awesome at best. I'll try and be there.

Is anyone playing halo tonight? If not, I'll probably just call it a night.

I can be on in about 10 minutes. What are we gonna play?

DeadNames

Banned
On the topic of co-op campaign, are we playing as two Master Chiefs or something else?

Sorry if this has been confirmed or not... Sometimes I'm a bit late on these kinds of things.

nillapuddin

I am not a huge fan of MLG, but I would like to possibly participate and have quite a few maps to contribute if anyone is interested for afterwards

Obviously I have alot of remakes that have been around awhile (Coag, Turf, Desolation, Foundation, etc), but I just finished my final Halo Reach project, Relic.

im confident its of the same quality from my prior works, I built it just for fun and havent gotten any PT on it yet, but I would like to show it off?

(also if anyone would like a peek otherwise, shoot me a message, i wouldnt make it fileshare without proper testing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom