• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

This is non canon and doesn't make any sense. Please change this 343, or I am not buying the game.

iibak1lkqLDYh.gif

Enfinit

W6bo

The wireless in my apartment complex blows. From their website: "the highest of high-speed Internet access." This is taken from the company that manages the wireless access the property:

W6fE

Someone give me advice on how to up my Interwebz. Wired through Ethernet results in the same speed, and buying a router (which I'd do) myself wouldn't do anything, would it?

This is non canon and doesn't make any sense. Please change this 343, or I am not buying the game.

:lol

Frankie said something neat happens in the opening of the first level in co-op. I like to think single-player is canon while co-op is a separate (but unofficial) timeline. 343 basically confirmed Linda's the second Chief (at least in CEA) anyway.

willow ve

W6bo

The wireless in my apartment complex blows. From their website: "the highest of high-speed Internet access." This is taken from the company that manages the wireless access the property:

W6fE

Someone give me advice on how to up my Interwebz. Wired through Ethernet results in the same speed, and buying a router (which I'd do) myself wouldn't do anything, would it?

You're only going faster if you pay for your own service provider. My guess is the apartment complex has a slow connection coming in which it then divides up for everyone who lives there. So you're most likely never getting anything faster. Check with local DSL providers for service if your complex also provides television services. I only suggest DSL as it usually gets around the clause of "we provide internet and TV" so you can't purchase it from another provider.

Ken

:lol

Frankie said something neat happens in the opening of the first level in co-op. I like to think single-player is canon while co-op is a separate (but unofficial) timeline. 343 basically confirmed Linda's the second Chief (at least in CEA) anyway.

The multiple Chiefs fight for Cortana, but there can only be one.

The Storm approaches.

Enfinit

You're only going faster if you pay for your own service provider. My guess is the apartment complex has a slow connection coming in which it then divides up for everyone who lives there. So you're most likely never getting anything faster. Check with local DSL providers for service if your complex also provides television services. I only suggest DSL as it usually gets around the clause of "we provide internet and TV" so you can't purchase it from another provider.

I definitely can't get another provider, and it's really bugging me how garbage the connection is on my Xbox. I just ran a speed test from tethering to my laptop and I got the same damn results. Reach is virtually unplayable due to how poor the connection is.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

willow ve

I definitely can't get another provider, and it's really bugging me how garbage the connection is on my Xbox. I just ran a speed test from tethering to my laptop and I got the same damn results. Reach is virtually unplayable due to how poor the connection is.

Well looks like the only way to fix it would be to move. Or kick out all the other dumb kids who live there?

A sneaky way to free up some bandwidth would be to create an "official" announcement on the apartment complex letterhead (scanner + indesign and photoshop FTW). Say something about how they are monitoring their network traffic and have noticed a lot of torrenting and pirating, etc. These are illegal, blah blah blah, and y'all better stop it now.

Post that at the mailboxes, in hallways, etc. and you'll most likely scare some people into not stealing all the bandwidth. The bigger problem today is legit uses like Netflix, ESPN3, HD Youtube and Hulu are bandwidth whores.

Alternatively you can complain to your apartment office and/or get a petition signed by everyone who lives there who also hates the internet speeds.

nillapuddin

Sounds good! I'd be down to try any of your maps.

Great, ill tweak some spawn zones tonight then and I can slide it to you tmrw or something

If you wanted we could lobby up tmrw if your available and I can put us in some quick matches so you can save (the maps I have)?

Sometimes its easier to save them ahead of time and rename em or something when your doin custom lobbies

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Great, ill tweak some spawn zones tonight then and I can slide it to you tmrw or something

If you wanted we could lobby up tmrw if your available and I can put us in some quick matches so you can save (the maps I have)?

Sometimes its easier to save them ahead of time and rename em or something when your doin custom lobbies
Hmm, I won't have time tomorrow. Maybe like 2pm Pacific on Saturday?

Enfinit

Alternatively you can complain to your apartment office and/or get a petition signed by everyone who lives there who also hates the internet speeds.

That's the plan. The complex just opened up and this is it's first semester, but I hope it improves. Especially after making it a selling point that the Internet speed is suppose to be ridiculous.

nillapuddin

Hmm, I won't have time tomorrow. Maybe like 2pm Pacific on Saturday?

Absolutely, ill see ya round then
gt: nillapuddin626

That's the plan. The complex just opened up and this is it's first semester, but I hope it improves. Especially after making it a selling point that the Internet speed is suppose to be ridiculous.

i know that at Tenn St they run fiber, then split the shit out of it to like our whole building

Right when they switched we got shit connection at first, then it started to get alot better

I say give it some time, and possibly say something to the office, dont raise hell but just bring it up

we have "veolcity" isp there though

A sneaky way to free up some bandwidth would be to create an "official" announcement on the apartment complex letterhead (scanner + indesign and photoshop FTW). Say something about how they are monitoring their network traffic and have noticed a lot of torrenting and pirating, etc. These are illegal, blah blah blah, and y'all better stop it now.

Post that at the mailboxes, in hallways, etc. and you'll most likely scare some people into not stealing all the bandwidth.

Winner, but don't most colleges block torrenting on campus anyway..

Find out who manages the routers for your building/campus then befriend them, shower them with gifts and request some Quality of Service (QoS) rules for your room/network segment/mac address etc.

In a campus or apartment building that's the best you can do mate.

So since we are 99% likely to have a mech as a vehicle what are people thoughts?

Anyone up for some HaloGAF customs on Saturday at 3pm Pacific (10pm GMT)?

Awesome, me too.

I want to try out a variety of maps + gametypes and use MLG V7 settings whenever possible. Feel free to make map and gametype suggestions before hand, and I'll set up a playlist. Here's some ideas:

• MLG CTF V7 on Condemned and/or Tempest (10 - 12 players)
  • MLG Slayer on this pretty decent Colossus remake I found and tweaked. (8 - 10 players)
  • TU Territories on Highlands (6 - 8 players) (And maybe MLG CTF on Highlands, but only to 3 pts?)
  • MLG KOTH on Beaver Creek (8 - 10 players)
  • Hog Potato on Hemorrhage (8 - 16 players)
    <3 Hog Potato

And then for the bonus round:
  • Oddball Swordbase
  • Oddball Swordbase
  • Oddball Swordbase
I know some of these options are less than ideal, but Reach doesn't exactly have awesome BTB options. Suggestions are totally welcome! I'm planning on wrapping things up at 5pm Pacific, two hours after we start, but others may be down to continue.

Edit : I'd actually be down for some Halo 3 customs, but I don't have edited maps or anything like that. Someone else would have to coordinate that or link me to them.

I think I would be up for it, as far as I know I should be clear that time Saturday.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Anyone up for some HaloGAF customs on Saturday at 3pm Pacific (10pm GMT)?

Awesome, me too.

I want to try out a variety of maps + gametypes and use MLG V7 settings whenever possible. Feel free to make map and gametype suggestions before hand, and I'll set up a playlist. Here's some ideas:

• MLG CTF V7 on Condemned and/or Tempest (10 - 12 players)
  • MLG Slayer on this pretty decent Colossus remake I found and tweaked. (8 - 10 players)
  • TU Territories on Highlands (6 - 8 players) (And maybe MLG CTF on Highlands, but only to 3 pts?)
  • MLG KOTH on Beaver Creek (8 - 10 players)
  • Hog Potato on Hemorrhage (8 - 16 players)
    <3 Hog Potato

And then for the bonus round:
  • Oddball Swordbase
  • Oddball Swordbase
  • Oddball Swordbase
I know some of these options are less than ideal, but Reach doesn't exactly have awesome BTB options. Suggestions are totally welcome! I'm planning on wrapping things up at 5pm Pacific, two hours after we start, but others may be down to continue.

Edit : I'd actually be down for some Halo 3 customs, but I don't have edited maps or anything like that. Someone else would have to coordinate that or link me to them.

Wish I could. Will be working. :_(

mhi

Are they running Century Link ? If its not Comcast then its not gonna cut it.

BTW what are u doin in town ? Classes don't start for another week.

Enfinit

Are they running Century Link ? If its not Comcast then its not gonna cut it.

BTW what are u doin in town ? Classes don't start for another week.

It's not Comcast, it's "Pavlov Media." I live up here full time now, so I'm in town 24/7.

Sai-kun

Banned
Interesting thread in OT.
i am so sorry this is a horrible post and i'm really bored at 2:30 am

How long does your |OT| last?

So my lady mentions a radio call-in segment from this morning she heard in which a woman was offended her bf lurked in an OT; he gets on the line and argues it makes them last longer, etc.; woman counters that she only wants the OT to last for like five minutes.

My lady AGREES, cites multiple further woman callers also in agreement, and asks, "Where does this myth come from that OTs have to last 'all night' or two hours or whatever?! No women want that!!" (Of course she's half-kidding and is aware some women certainly do, literal-GAF.)

For the record I like OTs to last 20 or 30 minutes; so like 40 or 50 minutes if we don't have any actual conversations.

So now I'm curious and I hit up the Googs; an Esquire article from 2009 tells me:

Quote:

Very few people have OTs [...] that last longer than 12 minutes [...] average at five to seven minutes.

Fucking really? She's right on this?!

What says GAF on these troubling issues? How long "should" an OT last? For that matter, how long should a non-OT "last"? How long do women want it to last? If you're a dood, how long do you like to lurk? What's your average?

Discuss.

edit: oh bottom of the page thank god no one will see this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom