• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

Id be happy if there was no competitive scene. I played through the entire halo 2/3 online lifespan. Often times playing against Mlg associated people who were absolute elitist douchebags. They really are among the least desirable people to play with. Not saying all them are. I'm sure they're are some down to earth folks among them.

But the impression they've made on me has been very negative. Avoiding them would be better on halo 4.

There are lames everywhere, but with a non existent competitive scene I hope there's less of them in halo 4.

I doubt that those elitist douchbags are going to disappear even with no competitive scene or MLG, I wouldn't wish for competitive Halo to disappear just because the verbal behavior of a group of players.

FyreWulff

hey Fyre add me to that map in southern california please

Done, will add to next update here shortly when I move onto yerp and the rest of the world.

Oh, unlike Enfinit it wasn't over a podcast or anything. The girl noticed my gamertag and said "Hey, that's FyreWulff. He wrote a big thing on Halo 3 spawns on HBO!" after I asked her for where something was, since she was an enforcer.

PS. If they ever do Halofest again, put the Megabloks booth on a side wall so you don't have to break through the Eternal Forging With Megabloks Line to go from one side of Halofest to the other.

I doubt that those elitist douchbags are going to disappear even with no competitive scene or MLG, I wouldn't wish for competitive Halo to disappear just because the verbal behavior of a group of players.

I'm still hoping some other leagues spring up. But Microsoft will continue to give a league their own playlist that doesn't even carry their game anymore, so I guess they wouldn't be interested in the Capcom strategy on that front.

One of my roommates just moved into my apartment. Never met him before. Notices my Xbox, he asks "You play?", I respond with "Yea, I'm a huge Halo fan." He goes "Me too!" and asks for my gamertag. He responds "You're THE Enfinit?! I've heard you on some podcasts and read your blogs on some Halo forums" with a smile.

MY EGO +9000. TURNS OUT I'M NOT A LOSER.

mfw wat r teh chances of this happening

Just got home for the weekend, read this. I know that feel bro. For the first couple years of the 360's lifespan, this type of weird shit would happen to me at college. We'd have these LAN parties (we were "sponsored" by Bawls and everything) and everyone would bring their gaming rigs/xboxes and would play their games of choice, watch nerd movies on the projector in the auditorium we used, and generally have a good time. Open to anyone, no douches allowed (odd concept I know), and we'd do this about 3-4 times per semester.

In any case, get a couple hundred nerds/gamers together and weird shit can happen. As you can probably guess, I was one of the Xbox people and we'd always run H2. EVERY TIME WITHOUT FAIL, at some point during the night, somebody would say something along the lines of "YourExWife? Why do I know that name?" or "Are you *THE* YourExWife?" All this because during the first couple years of the 360's lifespan, one of the best and most-played games on XBL for 360 (and one of the few good launch titles) was Geometry Wars.

TL;DR; inothatfeelbro.jpg because GW:RE got me recognized at H2 LANS.

CyReN

Every time people mention that the MLG folk are douchebags they forget that practically everyone online is a douchebag.

I don't think these help.

pic4.png

6751500_1291245470_64.png

a zoojoo

Banned
Every time people mention that the MLG folk are douchebags they forget that practically everyone online is a douchebag.

I'd rather deal with squeakers than douchebags, not everyone is a douchebag, most of you guys aren't douches. Most of the people i deal with online, are pretty nice people.

And enfinit, when ever i go to join your party, people, freak out asking "form HOLAWAPONTZ?!?!?!?!?!?"

And wow, OT8 by tomorrow confirmed.

JackHerer

Wow. Team of 8 on 2 flag Renegade in BTB. Half my team quits. I get spawn killed over and over again by banshee, Revy Snipes, and kids in our base with shotguns.

I seriously hate this game sometimes.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Repost:

Ok guys I'm having Bravo on HaloGAF Radio tomorrow and I want to do a lightning round and ask him a bunch of rapid fire questions. I figured I would let HaloGAF ask the questions. I want you guys to PM ME THE QUESTIONS Don't post them in the thread. I want them to be a surprise.

-You can submit a few if you'd like
-They don't necessarily have to be Halo related
-They can be humorous
-Nothing that requires a long answer(no more than a sentence)

He will not be pre screened to these questions but I will pre screen them. I just cleaned out my PM box so message away!!

Lot's of good submissions so far

Repost:

Ok guys I'm having Bravo on HaloGAF Radio tomorrow and I want to do a lightning round and ask him a bunch of rapid fire questions. I figured I would let HaloGAF ask the questions. I want you guys to PM ME THE QUESTIONS Don't post them in the thread. I want them to be a surprise.

-They can be humorous

He will not be pre screened to these questions but I will pre screen them. I just cleaned out my PM box so message away!!

My question was the best.

Repost:

-They can be humorous

My question was the best.

blurst_of_times.png

Okay, I'm going to set myself a nigh unachievable goal and attempt to hit 25 in Halo 3 Team Slayer before the release of Halo 4.

Hey Shadow, remember that time in Juices stream where I was joking about a specialization that prevents vehicle turrets from overheating too soon? Jokes on you, I knew all along. But srsly, that's cray cray that it was real. I honestly had no idea specializations were anything like that.

789shadow

Banned
Hey Shadow, remember that time in Juices stream where I was joking about a specialization that prevents vehicle turrets from overheating too soon? Jokes on you, I knew all along. But srsly, that's cray cray that it was real. I honestly had no idea specializations were anything like that.
Fortunately your "OHKO Sniper" never materialized.

YET.

a zoojoo

Banned
Whoo hoo! Not a top 10 poster this time around!
I'm feeling pretty good as well, i'm trying to cut down the posting so i don't become a top 3er. This my 3rd post today i believe.

Also, my jimmies were rustled today because my friend/ co-producer of my other friends CDs [no this is not a plug] got to talk to will i am at some sort of evemt, i dont fuckin know, today and he didn't push for a record label. :p

Maybe next time.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Repost:

-They can be humorous

Will there be a beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom