• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computron

Will there be a beta?

7E6e6.png

Bring back the Wubwub music for the podcast in Ep. 8. I enjoyed it in Ep. 7 or will an OST be added this time? Pretty Legit that Tashi gets to question Bravo @PAXPrime.

Repost:

Ok guys I'm having Bravo on HaloGAF Radio tomorrow and I want to do a lightning round and ask him a bunch of rapid fire questions. I figured I would let HaloGAF ask the questions. I want you guys to PM ME THE QUESTIONS Don't post them in the thread. I want them to be a surprise.

-You can submit a few if you'd like
-They don't necessarily have to be Halo related
-They can be humorous
-Nothing that requires a long answer(no more than a sentence)

He will not be pre screened to these questions but I will pre screen them. I just cleaned out my PM box so message away!!

Lot's of good submissions so far
Why does he waste his AA slot?

Hey You

I'm still grieving.

2 playlists that are carbon copies of each other, and a unique playlist gets cut. Brilliant.
And then there's cutting Anni BTB...

c'monson.gif

I don't get why 343 is so afraid to make playlists DLC required. I'm not asking for all of them, only 1 or 2 (Team slayer and BTB maybe?)

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I come get in from just buying my books.

Me: "what are you watching?"
Roommate: "Halo 4 gameplay"
Me: "we're gonna get along just fine"

Seriously I am so happy though. Great coop sessions to be had.

Amazing, last roommate I had continually referred to it as "gaylo" anytime he saw me playing. Guy was a douche.

Karl2177

"Oh damn, I dropped my pop tarts"

Perfect.

Anyway, I'm gonna retire reach at the end of August, play something else in September, and go through a H3 campaign playthrough in October, just in time for 4.
*dead silence*

"Son of a bitch, I dropped my Pop Tart"

*second of silence followed by raucous laughter*
Sounds like someones getting laid.
hahahahahah
I could find Karl when he's on campus and have him be excited to see me. Is that the same?
For you, yes.
I'm totally open for some Jeff's Pizza lunch special on any day except Friday.

Bring him some pop tarts, I heard his stubby little fingers likes them.
Oddly enough, my fingers are creepily slender. Not quite slender man levels of slender, but you know.

Fuchsdh

Reach's matchmaking management is a combination of excellent ideas, quality corrective steps, poor decisions and the fallout from those decisions. I can't really fault them, ultimately. With Halo 4, it's entirely theirs to shape. I really hope managing Halo Reach has taught them some of the hard lessons that will make 4's multi shine.

I really hope Reach gets one more update after Halo 4 rolls around to sunset it.

a zoojoo

Banned
Oddly enough, my fingers are creepily slender. Not quite slender man levels of slender, but you know.
I love marble hornets, im addicted now. I watched all the entries in 2 days. Anyone else notice a creepy simalarty between The Silence from Doctor Who and the Slenderman mythos?

kylej

Banned
Reach's matchmaking management is a combination of excellent ideas, quality corrective steps, poor decisions and the fallout from those decisions. I can't really fault them, ultimately. With Halo 4, it's entirely theirs to shape. I really hope managing Halo Reach has taught them some of the hard lessons that will make 4's multi shine.

I really hope Reach gets one more update after Halo 4 rolls around to sunset it.

what are the excellent ideas and quality corrective steps

FyreWulff

I don't get why 343 is so afraid to make playlists DLC required. I'm not asking for all of them, only 1 or 2 (Team slayer and BTB maybe?)

Dat DLC adoption

FYI, the last time they accidentally required DLC on Big Team Battle, it's population went from 6500 to 1200 in the span of 10 minutes as the playlist update activated.

Repost:

Ok guys I'm having Bravo on HaloGAF Radio tomorrow and I want to do a lightning round and ask him a bunch of rapid fire questions. I figured I would let HaloGAF ask the questions. I want you guys to PM ME THE QUESTIONS Don't post them in the thread. I want them to be a surprise.

-You can submit a few if you'd like
-They don't necessarily have to be Halo related
-They can be humorous
-Nothing that requires a long answer(no more than a sentence)

He will not be pre screened to these questions but I will pre screen them. I just cleaned out my PM box so message away!!

Lot's of good submissions so far

Base off feedback from the Halo Reach beta, what changes to movement speed and jump height have Bungie made in response?

Fuchsdh

Anyone who uses "Gaylo" in an unironic manner is someone I just do not want to ever know or speak to.

Life's too short to have to deal with people who have so little depth that someone's choice of game is their main estimation.

Dat DLC adoption

FYI, the last time they accidentally required DLC on Big Team Battle, it's population went from 6500 to 1200 in the span of 10 minutes as the playlist update activated.

I really hope Microsoft learns from Reach and bundles/discounts DLC (carrot) plus requires it more (stick). They'll prolly get more money selling more bundles for less coin than the current system.

a zoojoo

Banned
Dat DLC adoption

Some muthafuckas need to buy the DLC. God, i bought 40 bucks of DLC for almost nothing.

Anyone who uses "Gaylo" in an unironic manner is someone I just do not want to ever know or speak to.

Life's too short to have to deal with people who have so little depth that someone's choice of game is their main estimation.

who plays gaylo and cock of doody. its all about pokemon

FyreWulff

Some muthafuckas need to buy the DLC. God, i bought 40 bucks of DLC for almost nothing.

TBH BTB, of any of the playlists, should require all DLC. It stands to gain the most from it, and has traditionally been the all-DLC destination.

Highlands
Tempest
Condemned (Slayer only)
Breakpoint
Ridgeline
Breakneck (Objective only)

then throw in Anniversary BTB Slayer on Timberlands and Hang Em High and Blood Gulch (seriously, why can we STILL not play Halo 1 slayer on freaking Blood Gulch! The map is there! The gametype is there! Why are they so stubborn over letting people actually play the mode on non-Anni maps?)

a zoojoo

Banned
TBH BTB, of any of the playlists, should require all DLC. It stands to gain the most from it, and has traditionally been the all-DLC destination.

Highlands
Tempest
Condemned (Slayer only)
Breakpoint
Ridgeline
Breakneck (Objective only)

then throw in Anniversary BTB Slayer on Timberlands and Hang Em High and Blood Gulch (seriously, why can we STILL not play Halo 1 slayer on freaking Blood Gulch! The map is there! The gametype is there! Why are they so stubborn over letting people actually play the mode on non-Anni maps?)
Wait, you can't play Anniversary TS on Hemmorage?

FyreWulff

Wait, you can't play Anniversary TS on Hemmorage?

Nope. They patched the Halo 1 pistol into all the maps, then only used it on Anniversary anyway. You've never been able to play the Anniversary TS gametype on the Halo 1 map in matchmaking. Ever. Even though it's completely possible.

At this point I wonder why they didn't just make the Halo 1 Pistol an actual new weapon on Anniversary maps and just make a special Megalo gametype that would spawn you with it. they wouldn't have had to graft it onto Reach's magnum. If they weren't planning on letting you play the gametype without going through a DLC paywall anyway.

After consolidation, Anniversary BTB Slayer is just gone. They could have easily merged it into the existing BTB and finally given us Anniversary anything on Blood Gulch / Hem since the anni disc was no longer a worry. But nope.

Kuroyume

Banned
Requiring DLC is stupid. Not unless the maps go free like the used too. Not unless the maps match the quality of the better Halo maps. Who wants to pay for a 3 map pack when one is some Forge based poop or now a Firefight/Spartan Ops map? 1.5% of the halo population.

a zoojoo

Banned
Nope. They patched the Halo 1 pistol into all the maps, then only used it on Anniversary anyway. You've never been able to play the Anniversary TS gametype on the Halo 1 map in matchmaking. Ever.

At this point I wonder why they didn't just make the Halo 1 Pistol an actual new weapon on Anniversary maps and just make a special Megalo gametype that would spawn you with it. they wouldn't have had to graft it onto Reach's magnum. If they weren't planning on letting you play the gametype without going through a DLC paywall anyway.

After consolidation, Anniversary BTB Slayer is just gone.
That's so fucking confusing. So basically, it's coded as a new weapon? If so, why not make a new model and reticle and no bloom?

Yea forcing people to buy extra maps is the worst idea ever. Especially since they no longer go free, and are usually terrible. Like real terrible.

Highlands? Cmon that map should pay me to play it.

FyreWulff

That's so fucking confusing. So basically, it's coded as a new weapon? If so, why not make a new model and reticle and no bloom?

It's a special Megalo hook that changes the Reach's magnum to act like the Halo 1 magnum in terms of bloom and damage.

If they had added it as a new weapon, then they could have given it the clip size/reticule of the actual Halo 1 weapon, and the skin as well for shits and giggles. An example of this being supported in the Halo engine is the Golf Club on Sandbox, which is a new weapon according to the engine, and the Passenger Hornet, which as far as the engine was concerned, was a completely new vehicle.

The hook works on every single Reach map, but has only ever been used on the Anniversary DLC maps and Anni-disc-only-playlists.

a zoojoo

Banned
It's a special Megalo hook that changes the Reach's magnum to act like the Halo 1 magnum in terms of bloom and damage.

If they had added it as a new weapon, then they could have given it the clip size/reticule of the actual Halo 1 weapon, and the skin as well for shits and giggles. An example of this being supported in the Halo engine is the Golf Club on Sandbox, which is a new weapon according to the engine, and the Passenger Hornet, which as far as the engine was concerned, was a completely new vehicle.

The hook works on every single Reach map, but has only ever been used on the Anniversary DLC maps and Anni-disc-only-playlists.
Would it be possible, in theory, to put a new weapon in game post launchh?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ok I think I have enough questions for Bravo. Thanks everyone. It should certainly be an entertaining segment lol

Enfinit

I don't understand how whenever a morsel of Halo 4 information comes out, the next thing I know there's ten different videos describing what I just read in video form.

For example, after the bulletin came out yesterday, we got recap (or analysis, clarification, explanation, or whatever the heck you want to call it) from THC, Greenskull, Naked Eli, Bravo, Ducain23 (who also comes from ReadyUpLive), Halo4Follower, and various other Halo-related YouTube personalities.

Every single video said the same thing, literally repeating what I just read from the bulletin. They're all awesome guys (minus Halo4Follower), however it's just really, really dumb. They're essentially reaching the same exact group of people, and it's not like people are clamoring for these videos.

I look forward to and enjoy watching a good analysis video of gameplay or trailers, but this just strikes me as odd that they're all friends, yet they're all competing for Halo dominance in the YouTube realm. Dunno why it bothers me so much, I just feel like the talent and effort could go towards something much better and unique.

EDIT: I also never understood why the Shade Turret is considered a vehicle.

FyreWulff

I mean, you would have to get the modelers and artists and most of the staff back and also rebalance the sandbox and have a shitf load of playtest, i don't think it would be practical. But its a cool idea.

Yeah, there's be significant cost alone in spinning up the art team and test just to add a new weapon, along with memory concerns since your new gun would have to fit comfortably in RAM with all the existing ones before it. So you're more than likely to see new weapons show up in a new game.

Off the top of my head:

New weapons add to Halo 3 post-launch:

Golf Club

New vehicles added to Halo 3 post-launch in DLC maps:

Passenger Hornet
The eye-thing on Cold Storage is technically a vehicle
The golf ball and soccer balls on DLC maps are vehicles (which is why they 'flip' when you press RB near them)
I want to say the Snowhog and Snowtank on Avalanche are technically new vehicles to the engine, but I forget now.

In Reach, I don't remember any of this ever actually being used by either 343 or Bungie in DLC maps, past stuff like moving cameras which are also technically vehicles.

All the new vehicles and weapons were on Covenant Forge World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom