• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would ask this in the PC gaming side thread, but last time I did I was told to read the OP(which had nothing on video capture). What do you streamers use to capture the output from your Xbox? I've been eyeing the Blackmagic Intensity Pro capture card for a while now, but I'm not too sure on how it works with other video cards. I know someone here said they use the Hauppauge HD PVR, but I'd prefer something as a card and with HDMI.

*On a semi-related note I'm looking to build another PC in around 6 months, so I have that long to figure out everything; but I'm looking at 8GB RAM and an i7 processor at the moment.
I have the BMI shuttle. Works like a charm. Plus the requisite HDMI passthrough is great.

If you want to stream/capture, processor matters most as well as storage for capture.

Two of you tards get on.
BK's need not apply.

Get on, fat people. Need 2 for oddball swordbase.

I'll be on in like 15 mins if you scrubs still need one.

I was playing a few years back (before my Original Xbox went away) with someone who'd never played the game before and I was driving. I blow past the checkpoint and he starts freaking out. "Dude, what are you doing? Our evac is that away! What are we--wait, what happened? Did the dropship die?"

I've blown through that moment so many times it's pretty much automatic to me. I don't think I even bothered to see what it looked like in CEA--just grabbed the skull once and kept on truckin'.

Yep, same here. I'm curious as to how he handled it.

Ryaaan14

Banned
OT, but do any other HaloGAFers use Verizon FiOS?

My cable company fucked me over completely and I'm going to be without cable or internet until Thursday when Verizon comes in to change me over to their service(wish me luck -_-), and was just curious how you guys feel about your service so far.

My cable company fucked me over completely and I'm going to be without cable or internet until Thursday when Verizon comes in (wish me luck -_-), and was just curious how you guys feel about your service so far.

i have liked my FIOS service. except for the cost, been trying to give up cable for a while.

Ryaaan14

Banned
what happened? sounds like it might be what happened to me. i also have Verizon fios. i was without internet/cable for a week two weeks ago.

Sorry, my post read wrong. My OTHER cable company fucked up, so Verizon is coming in to switch me over to THEIR service.

Edit: I guess in a way you kind of answered my question hahaha

Sorry, my post read wrong. My OTHER cable company fucked up, so Verizon is coming in to switch me over to THEIR service.

Edit: I guess in a way you kind of answered my question hahaha

well, when i first switched to verizon i had to wait a week for the technician to come and set up the service.

Fuchsdh

How would player trait zones be a disaster? It's more control in the hands of Forgers.

Yeah. It could definitely be annoying in matchmaking. Unlike 99% of people here I like the low-grav zone in Condemned, but that's partly because I think it's used in an interesting way (compared to Zealot) and because it's only one map. While having "powerup zones" in KOTH might be interesting, for the most part aside from customs I think the "unusual" traits are best used very sparingly.

Akai__

I would ask this in the PC gaming side thread, but last time I did I was told to read the OP(which had nothing on video capture). What do you streamers use to capture the output from your Xbox? I've been eyeing the Blackmagic Intensity Pro capture card for a while now, but I'm not too sure on how it works with other video cards. I know someone here said they use the Hauppauge HD PVR, but I'd prefer something as a card and with HDMI.

*On a semi-related note I'm looking to build another PC in around 6 months, so I have that long to figure out everything; but I'm looking at 8GB RAM and an i7 processor at the moment.

Same as Tashi. Had problems to get a picture, but once you figured it out, it will work.

It's a really good capture card, but keep in mind, that it is only capturing up to 720p. You will have to run your Xbox on 720p, too.

In my opinion, 720p is enough. The quality is perfect and you can even render the captured clip to 1080p and it's still perfect.

GGs all.
Xand, you're a funny guy

My cable company fucked me over completely and I'm going to be without cable or internet until Thursday when Verizon comes in to change me over to their service(wish me luck -_-), and was just curious how you guys feel about your service so far.

Great service. I've had them for about 2 years now and never really had any issues with them.

FyreWulff

Oh yeah, Forgers, those wonderful people responsible for such things as Midas, and every other Forge map in the game.

I know I don't have much room to talk myself but that just seems to be spittin' venom for the sake of it.

Player Trait Zones are a gigantic feature for Forgers to have, and 343 can also make use of them on maps if they need to post-ship. As I pointed out in my writeup, it also lets you do stuff like ship the target traits for a map with a map by just making a PTV that covers the whole map. You can do stuff like MLG and SWAT settings without having to hope the players downloaded the gametype (which they were very bad at, if my run on Bungie Favorites was any indication)

Overdoziz

Banned
I miss the Grenade Launcher already. Every time I get a perfect bounce kill with that thing I get the hardest boner imaginable. Frankie, can't you like hardcode it into the game a day before it goes gold? I really don't want to stick a grenade to the ground and wait for people to walk over it.

Fuchsdh

I really can't wait to see what petetheduck does in Halo 4 forge.

He creates a mini version of Halo inside of Halo.

aorywx.gif

Computron

I wonder if the player trait zones can be tied to a post processing effect.

So when I am inside my base, the gloomy effect turns on, and when I walk outside the fruity Colorfull post effect fades in...

hmmmm....

9Suip.jpg

From the RTX Wrapup Video. (Warning: Waypoint link.)

(Are those RGB arrows the magnet points or are they just used for the building the model?)

Cool, thanks for the link.. As for the Forge piece, it has already been discussed to death but I hope there are more simple building blocks that will work together better.. As for its visual look.. Is it human geometry? If so, I wonder why it is white also.. I would have preferred for Forerunner to be the white/silver/grey look while human geometry could go a different route. Hopefully there will be more color or style options.

I wonder if the player trait zones can be tied to a post processing effect.

So when I am inside my base, the gloomy effect turns on, and when I walk outside the fruity Colorfull post effect fades in...

hmmmm....

I believe that was one of things they tried to get into Halo Reach, making light filters adjustable to only alter certain areas. If that made it in I really hope the filters are more practical in effect, as in not so dramatic and could actually look good in some situations. Im still amazed we are not getting a time of day filter/effect.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I miss the Grenade Launcher already. Every time I get a perfect bounce kill with that thing I get the hardest boner imaginable. Frankie, can't you like hardcode it into the game a day before it goes gold? I really don't want to stick a grenade to the ground and wait for people to walk over it.
Seriously. The Sticky Detonator sounds so boring compared to the Grenade Launcher.

Retro

I've had FiOS since May. We got a package deal on the service (Phone, Internet and Cable) and it ended up being cheaper than Comcast even with multi-room DVR, HD and all of the premium channels (except some I've never heard of, Epix for example).

Really happy with it. Only lost service once and it was done for maybe 15 minutes at the most (compared to weekly outages from Comcast, which is why we switched). Speed has been exceptional. Only thing I am not crazy about is the TV guide is slow to boot sometimes because it's trying to load some kind of messages or something that I never let load.

Even when our bundle deal ends, we'll definitely be keeping it. Comcast sucks balls in these parts. Being in an apartment complex, our speed nosedived around 4PM and didn't really come back until Midnight. FiOS is nice and fast all the time.

I'm depressed about the loss of the Grenade Launcher as well, but you guys have got to look at it this way: remember the kickass Trip Mine from the Halo 3 beta? The one that actually killed stuff and could be attached to vehicles and objects? The Sticky Detonator shoots Halo 3 Beta Trip Mines.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Seriously. The Sticky Detonator sounds so boring compared to the Grenade Launcher.

While I agree that the grenade launcher will be sorely missed, I do think that the sticky detonator will have potential for amazing moments in Halo 4. I'm hoping it get's featured in montages.

Akai__

While I agree that the grenade launcher will be sorely missed, I do think that the sticky detonator will have potential for amazing moments in Halo 4. I'm hoping it get's featured in montages.

It will be just as awesome as C4 montages in BF3. Hopefully.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, for sure. But its awesomeness will always fall short of the grenade launcher, I imagine.

Lockout BR tower.

lockout_basefront.gif

note: I haven't read any post in awhile, not sure if posted.

never noticed how the forge piece is completely different from the actual building. it's missing an entire floor.

EDIT: wait, that forge piece is showing the back of the building... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom