• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny how an off screen peek at a single forge piece can spur so much conversation.

NERDS. <3

kylej

Banned
I like it when I walk upstairs and the entire floor is pitch black because I started playing Halo while the sun was shining and didn't move for about 6 hours.

Noricart

Off white is better than grey at least.

I still remember the how Frankie said at the panel that there would be multiple palletes to differentiate things. http://youtu.be/lnHPPsQFovY?t=37m31s
Now what is meant by "palette"? Is it a texture swap? Or just a change in color? I'm hungry for answers, and I need some info drop!

I think he means that for each Forge environment the environment itself will look different, not just green like Forge world.

Would be nice if you could change the colour of objects though.
It is already said that enviorments will be vastly different, and he suggests that palettes are tied to objects. There is even a delete by palette option at one point during the demo.

Portugeezer

I think he means that for each Forge environment the environment itself will look different, not just green like Forge world.

Would be nice if you could change the colour of objects though.

a zoojoo

Banned
But you don't understand! Everyone here cares about his opinion!
Fuck. You.
oh come on halogaf. like OT stuff isnt posted here ALL THE TIME.
I'm definitely not the 1st person to post their thoughts on this thread.
But people who haven't seen it don't want to come across it in a Halo thread. There are 2 dedicated Batman threads, where he can post and discuss it with no restrictions. And azoojoo might pull a Caboose and spoil the shit out of something. I know YourExWife would go on a manhunt.
I have a good knowledge of what would be considered spoilers or not. Like:
is there a problem here?
I haven't seen DKR, and I've avoided both GAF threads on the subject, so I don't need some stooge like zoojoo spoiling it accidentally. I already got spoiled on Pridmordium in here last week...
<3 you guys
Totally forgot it, but did someone went to the cinema and saw that Creating Halo 4 ViDoc?
I didn't see it :(

Computron

It's funny how an off screen peek at a single forge piece can spur so much conversation.

NERDS. <3

You guys gotta remember that for some of us, there is value in seeing the behind the scenes technical stuff, and sadly you never really get to see any of that stuff direct feed, unless you JTag or read the Eurogamer-Digital Foundry tech write-up when the game comes out.

Hell, I have bought games many times before just for the editor/engine.

Enfinit

Confirmed. Also, the SD looks pretty functionally different from the GL.
I haven't been keeping up with my gameplay videos, what are the differences from the GL and the SD? Other than the fact that they're two different weapons, the SD seems to have the same shoot-release trigger-explosion functionality. Seems like the physics of the round is also different (no more banking)?

B wzy

Neo Member
I haven't been keeping up with my gameplay videos, what are the differences from the GL and the SD? Other than the fact that they're two different weapons, the SD seems to have the same shoot-release trigger-explosion functionality. Seems like the physics of the round is also different (no more banking)?

I believe the difference in function is that you detonate the SD with another RT pull, instead of just releasing RT like Reaches GL. Apparently you can fire the SD, stick it to something, switch weapons, switch back and detonate. Can someone who has played confirm that the SD is airburst capable?

Karl2177

I have a good knowledge of what would be considered spoilers or not. Like:
is there a problem here?

Those aren't spoilers. You're doing it wrong. These are Primordium spoilers:
Chakas is 343 Guilty Spark.
These aren't spoilers,
but rather me putting something in spoiler tags for the hell of it.

Sticky Detonator shoots a bomb that sticks to wherever it hits first.
After it lands, you press the trigger again and it blows up.
The weapon itself has a little radar that pops out when you shoot the bomb which shows enemy positions around the bomb.

It seems more like a defensive weapon rather than an offensive weapon.

Grenade Launcher will be sorely missed.
Best weapon added to Halo since the BR.

JHall

The SD is almost like C4; stick it to something, then manually blow it up with another pull the the RT.

Enfinit

I believe the difference in function is that you detonate the SD with another RT pull, instead of just releasing RT like Reaches GL. Apparently you can fire the SD, stick it to something, switch weapons, switch back and detonate. Can someone who has played confirm that the SD is airburst capable?

If that's the case, I can't decide whether or not that's awesome. Essentially it's the Halo version of TF2's Demoman Stickybomb Launcher? It wouldn't be too bad if you're able to detonate it in mid-air.

I'd go searching for information, but I'm fucking tired of listening to EMELGEE PROS talk about gameplay.

Slaker117

Well we already saw a variant crawler in the same shot with the blue knight. Those ones look similar, just a different color.

Another_Knight_Type_%28Blue%29.png

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I wonder, any word on party theater returning?

Should never have been removed just for the ability to clip and rewind campaign/firefight.

My dream aesthetic for Forge pieces would be something like this:

Color:
Team Color [Neutral/Default] (Forge World, gray/white-style Forerunner pieces)
Red (UNSC; either Insurrectionist/rebel themes or more elaborate "civilian" human structures similar to Reflection)
Blue (Forerunner; more traditional blues and steely colors with vibrant glows. Think Epitaph or Cold Storage)
Yellow (Forerunner; Desert-themed pieces similar to Sandbox, a mix of sandstone and ornate gold pieces)
Orange (Covenant; either Brute's "scrap-punk" style or Heretic themes)
Purple (Covenant; traditional Covenant style)
Green (UNSC; more modernized technology and aesthetic along the lines of Highlands)
Brown (UNSC; Rusty, chromatic Halo 2-style Mombasa aesthetic)
Pink (Covenant; more out there semi-organic tech, such as needler crystals integrated into them or foreign flora growing over the pieces. Chill Out is a good example of the aesthetic)

FyreWulff

That is exactly why it was removed...

No. Party viewing was removed because it was broken and unreliable over Xbox Live. In Halo 3, the only reliable way to watch films was to watch an entire game film from the start (and the reliability went up if you had all just played the game). I got clips to work a total of ONCE, because for clips to work it had to upload a gigantic binary blob to everyone in the session to sync the initial game state. Add to that the other issues (randomly getting dropped out, inability to fast forward unless you were in the same city as the other viewer, etc).

Luke Smith said himself that if they had known how poorly it would have worked, Halo 3 wouldn't have even had party viewing as an option.

Being able to rewind and clip Campaign/Firefight was a separate upgrade. It was cut in Halo 3 because they didn't have time to figure out loading multiple areas while watching a film (especially loading something you've deloaded due to rewinding), and since Firefight ran in what essentially was the Campaign engine, it also didn't have rewind/clip ability.

JHall

That gun isn't as fun to use and get kills with, I think.

It's just the way I feel. You cannot convince me otherwise!

I admit the GL is fun to use. But nothing compares to my baby!

Edit: Anyone want to play some Halo, I need to scratch that Halo itch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom