• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Arguably pound for pound the Classic Forge Map Maker Champion of the World.

turf9.png

prisoner3.png

desolation8.png

foundation5.png

small1.png

If only I could submit all of these for Anniversary Classic.

nillapuddin

greatly appreciated, its a shame those maps (not me) didnt get more exposure, could have really kept forge remakes from getting written off so easily.

Anyone got a link to that Coag and Turf?

Coag = Hematoma

Turf = Outskirts

Prisoner = Convict

my gt
nillapuddin626

for the foundation and desolation remakes I had to put under someone elses GT (lack of fileshare space)

Overdoziz

Banned
All objects in Halo 4 Forge should have a color slider, not just preset colors.
Oops.

YFUQZ.png

Look at the K/D. Then look who won.
Best thing is that we would've won if the ball didn't reset ACROSS THE MAP a second before I tried to pick it up. There really should not be multiple locations for the Oddball to reset to. Just have one in the middle, done.

What's a zoojoo?

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe azoojoo is an old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Burgandy.jpeg

Oops.
Look at the K/D. Then look who won.

Yes Bungie notoroiusly has respawn time too low on many of its objective gametypes. You shouldn't be able to die THAT much and somehow still win the objective unless the other team doesn't try for it at all. Objective respawns I guess are 5 seconds but should be 10 like MLG. It places no emphasis on Slaying and devalues the reward of a kill. Which shouldn't happen. Objective should be slower, well thought out, controlled. A team should be getting a team mostly down before using the objective. Oddball Objective right now you just have a bunch of people rushing and body corpsing the objective to a victory. Get a double and its irrelevant because they've already spawned and are heading to the ball. Stupid Stupid Stupid shit. Fuck.

All objects in Halo 4 Forge should have a color slider, not just preset colors.

While i agree, 3 Environments with 3 different Themed Object lists should go a long way in alleviating the "grey issue"

And the increased level of colour and detail per object already looks like its going to be a massive improvement over forge world items.

Each piece now looks alot more like a crafted part of the BSP and not some sun faded lego brick

TL:DR Slurrrp

FyreWulff

I've always had fun remaking maps. My remake of Area 52 from Perfect Dark is my favorite one though, because a) I thought it'd be impossible to actually pull off and b) due to the way the map's visibility works, it actually has solid performance.

It also showed me that it's impossible to make a crouch-only path work for both Elites and Spartans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nZtOpVmqv04

I actually toyed with the idea of submitting it a while back since Microsoft owns the Perfect Dark IP, but I basically had no idea of how to make the sell.

IHaveIce

Banned
Coag = Hematoma

Turf = Outskirts

Prisoner = Convict

my gt
nillapuddin626

for the foundation and desolation remakes I had to put under someone elses GT (lack of fileshare space)
Will dl them, they look really good, we should do a GAF custom night and play them some time.

Remake Sword Base when Halo 4 ships. Thanks.
343 willbe trollin and put it in Team Objective
Someone remade it for Halo 3 on Sandbox.

Who is this Devil :mad:

Edit:

Thanks guys for the invitation, but I'm over at a friend, we play with three guys splitscreen, I would be no help for you guys :(

nillapuddin

I expect you to go to town when Halo 4 hits. I want to replay classic shit and you look like the man to make that happen.

I expect to, remaking maps is a rewarding experience, it was fun bringing back Halo 2 in any way we could, I was lucky to help and solo on a lot of really awesome maps.

There went my plan for being a quite observer, didnt expect to be in the spotlight but I appreciate the support guys.

kylej

Banned
Booties do you have space in that party. I'm not sure what Olympic events are on tonight, but if female gymnastics are on I'll only be able to play a few games.

Oh ya...

If I'm a bk, what's that make you?

Don't even bother.. Some cool guys around here.

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/nicksoisson0626/Outskirts/turf9.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/nicksoisson0626/Convict/prisoner3.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/nicksoisson0626/Desolation/desolation8.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/nicksoisson0626/Installation/foundation5.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/nicksoisson0626/Hematoma/small1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

The Forge remakes played infinitely better in that classic playlist under those settings than the current Reach IMO. 'Tis a shame they got written off so easily as nilla said..

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Booties do you have space in that party. I'm not sure what Olympic events are on tonight, but if female gymnastics are on I'll only be able to play a few games.

Yea female gymnastics final. Gotta watch it later because I'm gonna watch Batman.

343: OK Certain Affinity we have paid you lots of moneys and all you had to do in the last 3 years is make forge ground breaking and awesome so what do you got? Certain Affinity: Uhhh we have magnets. 343: OMG MAGNETS SHIP IT!!! Certain Affinity: But wait, We can reveal this with a low quality off screen web stream on a web site no one has ever been too. We can get two douche bags that have never played Halo make complete jackasses of their self. Trying to complete a obstacle course made by a monkey with down syndrome. If hard core players really want to see some real MP footage. We know a guy with a awesome video editing studio that lives in a barn. 343: Best game hype ever.

343: OK Certain Affinity we have paid you lots of moneys and all you had to do in the last 3 years is to make forge ground breaking and awesome so what do you got? Certain Affinity: Uhhh we have magnets. 343: OMG MAGNETS SHIP IT!!! Certain Affinity: But wait, We can reveal this with a low quality off screen web stream on a web site no one has ever been too. We can get two douche bags that have never played Halo make compete jackasses of them self's trying to complete a obstacle coarse made a monkey with down syndrome. If hard core players really want to see some real MP footage we know a guy with a awesome video editing studio that lives in a barn. 343: Best game hype ever.

No.

a zoojoo

Banned
343: OK Certain Affinity we have paid you lots of moneys and all you had to do in the last 3 years is to make forge ground breaking and awesome so what do you got? Certain Affinity: Uhhh we have magnets. 343: OMG MAGNETS SHIP IT!!! Certain Affinity: But wait, We can reveal this with a low quality off screen web stream on a web site no one has ever been too. We can get two douche bags that have never played Halo make compete jackasses of them self's trying to complete a obstacle coarse made a monkey with down syndrome. If hard core players really want to see some real MP footage we know a guy with a awesome video editing studio that lives in a barn. 343: Best game hype ever.

urdoingitwrong

daedalius

:|

That Coag remake looks awesome.

i did a remake of Relic a while back. built the whole damn island out of coliseum walls. it's ok i guess, never really got any play tests on it though. has everything working, ramps dissapear for 1 flag etc, even has a working switch to open the teleporter. will probably take another shot at it in halo 4.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

1/10

He has a point on the Forge Reveal...

We got a direct feed vidoc from RvB teasing it. Then another vidoc on forge world.

Do we have direct feed footage of forge? HQ footage?

I know right. Or you know...is it like updated in any major way? Oh yea they added some stuff to make it useable! Thats good and all...can we color stuff yet? can we edit terrain? maybe size things? I dunno basic features that map editors/creators have had for tens of years.

Hes got a point even though heavy resistance from the 343d slurpers defense force was posted.

daedalius

I know right. Or you know...is it like updated in any major way? Oh yea they added some stuff to make it useable! Thats good and all...can we color stuff yet? can we edit terrain? maybe size things? I dunno basic features that map editors/creators have had for tens of years.

Hes got a point even though heavy resistance from the 343d slurpers defense force was posted.

More about the way he made his point; poor grammar, run-on sentences, no breaks, ellipses.

I know you're quite familiar with reading stuff like that :)

/defenseforce

I wasn't terribly pleased with the forge reveal either, and the obstacle course... well, I just stopped watching. I mean, there are people that enjoy that sort of thing, just not me.

heckfu

Banned
Driving back to my place so don't have the patience to look it up on my phone so maybe y'all can help: is Alan Wake available on the marketplace? Best Buy nor GameStop had a copy here.

A hyped up vidoc is the best and only way new things should be revealed. I felt embarrassed just watching the two guys fail on the stupid obstacle course for 10 minutes.

Kibbles

A hyped up vidoc is the best and only way new things should be revealed. I felt embarrassed just watching the two guys fail and the stupid obstacle course for 10 minutes.

Such a bad reveal.
Driving back to my place so don't have the patience to look it up on my phone so maybe y'all can help: is Alan Wake available on the marketplace? Best Buy nor GameStop had a copy here.

Yup, $29.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom