• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving back to my place so don't have the patience to look it up on my phone so maybe y'all can help: is Alan Wake available on the marketplace? Best Buy nor GameStop had a copy here.

Yes, but it's $30.
A hyped up vidoc is the best and only way new things should be revealed. I felt embarrassed just watching the two guys fail and the stupid obstacle course for 10 minutes.

Yeah there's no defending that. It was awful.

inb4 defense force defends it.

FyreWulff

Don't even bother.. Some cool guys around here.

The Forge remakes played infinitely better in that classic playlist under those settings than the current Reach IMO. 'Tis a shame they got written off so easily as nilla said..

343's fault for not figuring out how to get Forge World on the Anniversary disc. Would have given them 3 remakes instantly (Blood Gulch, Pinnacle, and Sanctuary) plus all the community-made remakes in addition to the Anniversary maps.

Which is why I say Reach would have been better off with Anniversary only being a code with CE:A and not a playable disc. If people had to play via the Reach disc, you'd at least have FW available and Reflection as well.

But what do we end up with? A Halo 1 remake with Halo 1 maps in multiplayer via the Reach engine, missing the signature Halo 1 map. This would be like shipping Goldeneye: Anniversary, porting Library / Temple / Complex and leaving out Facility.

I guess it made too much sense that a Halo game finally had a super Forge map that 100% of the userbase had access to instead of just everyone that bought it (Sandbox)

kylej

Banned
I know right. Or you know...is it like updated in any major way? Oh yea they added some stuff to make it useable! Thats good and all...can we color stuff yet? can we edit terrain? maybe size things? I dunno basic features that map editors/creators have had for tens of years.

Their big forge reveal was a bunch of grey blocks in an environment that looked like Forge World. What more do you need?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
A post criticizing the improvements of Forge from Reach-->H4 heavily offended the usual 343defense posters. The usuals for real. Dax , Daedalius, Dani, Stalker, I guess Zoojoo is there too.

I'm 343defence now? Cool. Better not show em my criticism on Reach and MM then. Need to pump up my cred.

Takes a lot more than than a post that looks like it's written by an unfunny tweenie to stir me.

A hyped up vidoc is the best and only way new things should be revealed. I felt embarrassed just watching the two guys fail and the stupid obstacle course for 10 minutes.

Yes, the reveal was lackluster. But it was at RTX, and those "guys" who played it are Jack and Geoff from Rooster Teeth. They make Red vs Blue. "Rooster Teeth Expo" (RTX). So that's why it happened.

Tawpgun

godammit sltPoison, got some of the member sauce i see.
I'm jelly.
inb4memberGAFtellingmewhatidowrong

He attained member status long before it was official. He's a solid poster, contributes, etc etc.

You have much to learn. Don't cling too much to this caboose thing.

A post criticizing the improvements of Forge from Reach-->H4 heavily offended the usual 343defense posters. The usuals for real. Dax , Daedalius, Dani, Stalker, I guess Zoojoo is there too.

You're being sarcastic, Juices. <3

I thought the "them self's" typo was fucking hilarious, so that's why I quoted the post and put that part in bold.

Edit: ^^ Tawpgun, did you leave the A27 clan? Haha. That was a fast name change!

Overdoziz

Banned
Their big forge reveal was a bunch of grey blocks in an environment that looked like Forge World. What more do you need?
Yeah, I really don't get that. At least show off a new environment with a new palette. And if those aren't done yet don't reveal Forge yet.

a zoojoo

Banned
He attained member status long before it was official. He's a solid poster, contributes, etc etc.

You have much to learn. Don't cling too much to this caboose thing.

I've been trying to lately. It's kind of depressing seeing people that have come in after me reach member status.

BTW, i see you got your name change, nice.

More about the way he made his point; poor grammar, run-on sentences, no breaks, ellipses.

I know you're quite familiar with reading stuff like that :)

/defenseforce

This is essentially what i felt aswell, He does have a point the forge reveal was a bit shit. Low res video feed ect but honestly the few improvements to forge of been a waste of a Vidoc. A Multiplayer Vidoc is much more important at this point.

Forge was not shown in the best light, but you cannot really complain about the Horse stuff because it was RTX and that's what the crowd wanted to see the fact is was streamed was just a bonus.

Showing off an environment so similar to forge world was not the best idea either but i have a feeling it was a two fold move, They didn't want to show off enviroments directly linked to campaign and/or those enviroments did not have as significant level of polish.

Reach's forge, functionally is very good and the additions look like they will just speed up the process and the reworked objects and lighting is a big thing thinking about it. With the work that went into halo 4 i did not really expect a terrain edition it seems like something like that would require a MAJOR engine rework to get effective and 343's goal with Halo 4 seems to be to ship a Quality title that can be improved upon with Halo 5 and Halo 6.

Computron

It could be worse... I have a grand total of about 10 posts...

Ie8vC.png

This being one of those 10 quality posts.

1300044776986.jpg

This is essentially what i felt aswell, He does have a point the forge reveal was a bit shit. Low res video feed ect but honestly the few improvements to forge of been a waste of a Vidoc. A Multiplayer Vidoc is much more important at this point.

Forge was not shown in the best light, but you cannot really complain about the Horse stuff because it was RTX and that's what the crowd wanted to see the fact is was streamed was just a bonus.

Showing off an environment so similar to forge world was not the best idea either but i have a feeling it was a two fold move, They didn't want to show off enviroments directly linked to campaign and/or those enviroments did not have as significant level of polish.

Reach's forge, functionally is very good and the additions look like they will just speed up the process and the reworked objects and lighting is a big thing thinking about it. With the work that went into halo 4 i did not really expect a terrain edition it seems like something like that would require a MAJOR engine rework to get effective and 343's goal with Halo 4 seems to be to ship a Quality title that can be improved upon with Halo 5 and Halo 6.

I understand that it was RTX, and I even understand that they wanted to have them play Horse, cause that's what those guys do, but that was the worst Horse course I've ever seen. It didn't have any interesting moves or triggers to complete a stage and didn't show off features or aspects of Forge or the environment that were remotely enticing.

m23

So, since Bsangel is on vacation, Frankie doing this week's bulletin confirmed? Or I guess they will skip it altogether. I just need more gameplay, more info, more anything.

Hard to believe that its only a little over 3 months away, yet we know so little.

I understand that it was RTX, and I even understand that they wanted to have them play Horse, cause that's what those guys do, but that was the worst Horse courses I've ever seen. It didn't have any interesting moves or triggers to complete a stage and didn't show off features or aspects of Forge or the environment that were remotely enticing.

Thats a great point actually, Horse would of been much better if it was actually a decent course.

HD footage of the stuff would of gone along way aswell im sure.

So, since Bsangel is on vacation, Frankie doing this week's bulletin confirmed? Or I guess they will skip it altogether. I just need more gameplay, more info, more anything.

Hard to believe that its only a little over 3 months away, yet we know so little.

We probably won't get anything this week. I hope frankie does one, but I'm not expecting anything at this point.

I'm really okay with not getting a lot of information and being surprised at launch. I just kind of wish things were explained more. How many times could we have had a bulliten showcasing one weapon at a time? Or maybe focusing on a new armor ability?

Not to mention the lack of trailers (I still want my starry night equivalent)and BTS. I don't agree with how 343 is doing this, but hopefully it works in the end.

DeadNames

Banned
We probably won't get anything this week. I hope frankie does one, but I'm not expecting anything at this point.

I'm really okay with not getting a lot of information and being surprised at launch. I just kind of wish things were explained more. How many times could we have had a bulliten showcasing one weapon at a time? Or maybe focusing on a new armor ability?

Not to mention the lack of trailers (I still want my starry night equivalent)and BTS. I don't agree with how 343 is doing this, but hopefully it works in the end.

I'm calling it now, the bulletin will be about "What's inside the LE!".

a zoojoo

Banned
Next forge reveal will be a bunch of spawn points put together just to reveal a naked woman showing her vagina, people will go crazy and games will be pre-ordered.

HALO 4 FORGE

HaloGAF Radio/ManCannon Radio to interview vexsf confirmed?

Halo is slowing down on the MLG polls, get to work!

m23

We need something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz6FNKawJBc

When I first saw that trailer, I was just in shock at how much I was hyped. A trailer similar to this would work for Halo 4, giving very small glimpses of gameplay so as not to ruin great moments but still managing to give fans goosebumps.

kylej

Banned
crapping on a team of try hards in ctf sanc, then 5 games in a row of oddball swordbase

wwape.png

this is a glorious night for Halo.

edit. omg another odd ball swordbase YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom