• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Man

Banned
Did anyone else like Halo 3's lighting environments more than Halo Reach? I was playing a Halo 3 lan with some friends yesterday and I just love how sand trap looks.

kylej

Banned
But why? You get a leak and then what? 343 comes in and tells you things have changed since that months old build? Then where are you?

You know damn well games companies don't release footage from a network beta 8 months before launch. You don't even need it. You just have come to expect that the devs tell you everything they're doing.

Transparency is totally awesome but let's be realistic, they don't need to fully explain everything. There would be massive fallout for example, if the Halo 2 dev team had told people a few months before launch of each and every campaign mission they had in the game. Why? Because the reality changed between when they would have said that and when the game shipped.

Yes because we're asking for a description of each and every Halo 4 campaign mission, right? Any more false equivalencies you want to draw in your rush to defend 343?

These looks okay, although I'd rather spend my money on this.

Or this

Anyone needs help in GOW3? I can help if you want, have all the mutators

Did anyone else like Halo 3's lighting environments more than Halo Reach? I was playing a Halo 3 lan with some friends yesterday and I just love how sand trap looks.

Halo 3 had more colors and more bright enviroments, Reach is more opaque.

daedalius

Or this

Anyone needs help in GOW3? I can help if you want, have all the mutators

Halo 3 had more colors and more bright enviroments, Reach is more opaque.

I think the word you're looking for is desaturated.

But yea, I think Halo 3 has a better lighting model than Reach does. Really liking how Halo 4 looks so far, I liked Reach but definitely enjoyed the environments and lighting more in 3.

Reach may have higher and better fidelity.

But, I like 3 better, the art style, the unbelievable HDR lighting etc.

a zoojoo

Banned

rainbow_mouth___fap_face_by_son_of_megaman-d52qn8g.jpg

Yes because we're asking for a description of each and every Halo 4 campaign mission, right? Any more false equivalencies you want to draw in your rush to defend 343?

What? Can you not see the similarities?

If they announce in detail their ranking system and you really like it, but it changes before launch to something you don't like, are you saying you won't be mad?

Think about it.

Edit: You seem to think I would only defend 343 on this when the reality is that it is indicative of nearly every media industry.

Yes, I prefer Halo 3 more memorable and enjoyable in MP. Citadel, Midship, Sand Trap, and etc. Way better. :)
GUARDIAN

But why? You get a leak and then what? 343 comes in and tells you things have changed since that months old build? Then where are you?

You know damn well games companies don't release footage from a network beta 8 months before launch. You don't even need it. You just have come to expect that the devs tell you everything they're doing.

Transparency is totally awesome but let's be realistic, they don't need to fully explain everything. There would be massive fallout for example, if the Halo 2 dev team had told people a few months before launch of each and every campaign mission they had in the game. Why? Because the reality changed between when they would have said that and when the game shipped.
Dude, I just I want to see some sexy H4 in action, I just don't care if it's an old ass build and things have changed since then.

It's direct footage what we're talking about bro :D

One of these days, Hydra and KyleJ are gonna meet and touch each other, and like the combination of Matter and Anti-Matter, the resulting explosion of these polar opposites mixing will destroy the entire Milky Way Galaxy.

And on that day, you better pray you got Armor Lock.

I was never too good at getting Halo 3's lighting to work to my advantage for screenshots. Except this one.

http://i.imgur.com/eZzAg.jpg/img]

One of my favorites.[/QUOTE]

Glorious, Dax.

One I stole from the H3 screenshot thread.

[IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii203/Animystic/Spelunk.jpg

Dat lighting.

a zoojoo

Banned
I was never too good at getting Halo 3's lighting to work in weird ways to my advantage for screenshots. Except this one.

http://i.imgur.com/eZzAg.jpg[/im]

One of my favorites.[/QUOTE]

Nice.

There things i love about both of the artistic and cinematic styles of 3 and Reach. I love the beautiful, epic environments in 3, but I love the modern cinematic feel of Reach, although it might of been over the top at times. I hope 4/5/6 reflect the both of these 2 games!

CyReN

LOL why's that?

Cyren... your forums are down? Scratch that... all your links are down?

Getting DDos'd again, but good news is we are 99.9% sure who it is.

We don't know where to go from here atm, call them out and we look immature, they may be out of the country also so legal action may be difficult. What would you guys do?

I'm on my mobile, but Xbox UK just posted a BTS: Warthog chase from Forward Unto Dawn to their Facebook wall. Thought you guys might want to know...hungry for new stuff!

We don't know where to go from here atm, call them out and we look immature, they may be out of the country also so legal action may be difficult. What would you guys do?

ddos them back obviously.

no but seriously, have you guys tried a new hosting company?

Hm, wish I could give you advice to take these fucking idiots down. Is there any possible way to block their specific DDoS attack? Like to contact your host and get them to block the range of IPs that are overloading the server?

Who said that the second disc is Limited Edition exclusive?
Indeed who did? I was just asking that particular question because of certain past statements that I don't think I'm misremembering. Shortly after the LE was announced, it was said that the LE wouldn't include a second disc. That would imply the standard packaging is one disc. Or they could have said no "bonus disc." I don't know.

Standard packaging could include two discs for all I know. One for Spartan Ops and Campaign and the other for Multiplayer. Either way, I think it would be beneficial to clarify.

In regards to Halo 4 possibly being on two discs, could someone answer this question for me. Is it possible that Halo Reach was only on one disc because the maps for firefight and multiplayer were also spaces used in the campaign? Were these all the same assets in that regard, or is there 2 separate files for a Campaign version of Powerhouse and a muliplayer version? Hope that makes sense.

Indeed who did? I was just asking that particular question because of certain past statements that I don't think I'm misremembering. Shortly after the LE was announced, it was said that the LE wouldn't include a second disc (or, rather, it would not have a bonus disc). That would imply the standard packaging is one disc.

Standard packaging could include two discs for all I know. One for Spartan Ops and Campaign and the other for Multiplayer. Either way, I think it would be beneficial to clarify.
I think everyone agrees with your later assumption. We think the second disc is for the Multiplayer. The first one for Campaign. For Spartan Ops, I think the whole season is digital? Or is the first week on disc?

To add into the Lighting. Halo 3 has better sound effects: environments, explosions, doors, terminals, Holopanels, weapons & equipments. vehicles (Scarab, Chopper). From Human, Covenant. 343GS, Flood interactions these characters made from being inflicted to being aggresive.

best bet at this point is finding a hosting company that has a reputation for protecting against DDoS attacks. i think you guys had godaddy before, you probably want a more independent host. it's probably going to get pricey.

try asking wu about his host for hbo.

CyReN

best bet at this point is finding a hosting company that has a reputation for protecting against DDoS attacks. i think you guys had godaddy before, you probably want a more independent host.

try asking wu about his host for hbo.

$200+ for protection every month.

I'll say it is another community.

Striker

To add into the Lighting. Halo 3 has better sound effects: environments, explosions, doors, terminals, Holopanels, weapons & equipments. vehicles (Scarab, Chopper). From Human, Covenant. 343GS, Flood interactions these characters made from being inflicted to being aggresive.
Did you say the sounds for weapons in H3 were above Reach? You might want to shoot that AR or BR in Halo 3 one more time.

I do wonder what would be on the second disc. It doesn't look like there will be a lot more content than Reach had and all of that fitted on one disc (there are of course the frame rate issues but I don't know if that is caused by not enough space on disc). This is of course, assuming Spartan Ops is DLC.

If we get two discs, one for MP and one for Multiplayer, on what disc do you guys think Spartan Ops would be on? I'd think it'd be on the multiplayer disc since they've always described SpOps as a multiplayer gamemode. It would also be pretty annoying to constantly have to switch discs (I assume most people will have multiplayer in their disc tray most of the time) if you wanted to pllay SpOps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom