• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipyap

I just want a Collection of the series iconic characters at the same scale, mcfarlane increased the scale with the reach figures with the reason "it allows for us to add more detail to the characters" that is fantastic and it actually came true, reach scale stuff is pretty decent, but along side this they ship a seperate line of figures under the "Anniversary" title that are much smaller than the reach scale except a spartan model which is the same size as the reach Spartan III's.

The mcfarlane scale is all over, it changes per figure not just per wave. While NECA dont make true action figures in the sense of how many articulation points what they do make is decent quality models and everything from the AVP/GoW/Bulletstorm/Duke Nukem lines are good quality.

I dont see why mcfarlane needed to change the scale Again for Halo 4 when the reach scale was fine. All they needed to do was keep that and release the ODST and Human characters in that scale.
I think they're mostly consistent within each series. The Anniversary line is a different, bizarre thing because most of the first wave was just a bunch of lazy re-releases of Halo 3 toys.

I'd like to see some more comparisons of the H4LO figures, as well as comparisons of their in-game sizes. I'm not even sure if it's an issue of actual "scale" as it is blindly making human/alien figures the same size as their Reach counterparts.
The two lines' Spartans' proportions are mostly identical, seemingly ignoring their Mark number.

Pics from halofigures:
Warrior02.jpg

Zealot07.jpg

Storm013.jpg

They said they were going to explain these at E3.

lol they didn't explain shit.

Except at comic-con and on the latest Sparkast.

To be fair, the details have been stringed out from different magazine coverage to events like e3 and comic-con, and we have had to put the pieces together ourselves. While we may have a fairly decent idea of how things work, we have very little context at times which is a little frustrating. I understand that you guys have shown us a ton, and explained stuff a bunch, but its the strung out manner that has led to the confusion and frustration, hence the vocal want for ViDocs and trailers explaining things.

I think Demon sums up the problem perfectly. In addition to trailers and ViDocs, direct-feeds of games by 343 employees would also do wonders. Not just slayer, though: a variety of gametypes. It would be awesome if we got a game of CTF on Longbow, King of the Hill (or Oddball) on Haven, and Regicide on Adrift. Three games like that would definitely hold us over until PAX where 343 will likely have more stuff to announce, I figure.

I think they're mostly consistent within each series. The Anniversary line is a different, bizarre thing because most of the first wave was just a bunch of lazy re-releases of Halo 3 toys.

I'd like to see some more comparisons of the H4LO figures, as well as comparisons of their in-game sizes. I'm not even sure if it's an issue of actual "scale" as it is blindly making human/alien figures the same size as their Reach counterparts.
The two lines' Spartans' proportions are mostly identical, seemingly ignoring their Mark number.

Those actually look a lot better, Chief should be taller like Jorge but aside from that i can live with the line.

Karl2177

The rule should be as simple as don't be a fucking douchebag but that's never specific enough.
That should be the initial rule. Yet there continued to be a page and a half discussion on rape. I can tolerate and even slightly encourage off-topic discussions on other media(there are merits in media that could be applied to Halo effectively). But the political and other OT stuff should be avoided, and it still continues for 150 posts.

That should be the initial rule. Yet there continued to be a page and a half discussion on rape. I can tolerate and even slightly encourage off-topic discussions on other media(there are merits in media that could be applied to Halo effectively). But the political and other OT stuff should be avoided, and it still continues for 150 posts.

You think it's off topic but this is a topic very much related to this very community. You could say this isn't the place... but where else can you say it?

Well, yeah. It was pretty funny when he 1v1'd Ninja on LAN. Here's Ninja who has probably played 2000 1v1s, lives and breathes that shit and you've got Roy who never plays 1v1s and wasn't taking the match seriously at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0IHIfUeowU

Ninja's nervous heavy breathing is amazing

Yeah I've seen that. The best is when Formal and Ninja 1v1 online. Formal's connection is total crap for anyone else half the time apparently, so you watch both streams and it's hilarious! Formal bitching when Ninja is host because Ninja's shots hit. Ninja bitching because whether or not he's host, Formal's spartan is either teleporting or is invincible. Good times.

The rule should be as simple as don't be a fucking douchebag but that's never specific enough.
Wheaton's Law should always apply to everything, and I say this as someone who still struggles to abide by it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad you're liking Austin, Cyclone. It's the best place to live in Texas, hands down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm done watching off-screen footage of Halo 4. New stuff from 343 can't come soon enough.

First off, thanks on Coag, it really did turn out great.

Relic is a tough one, the terrain is near impossible to replicate, but good luck.

Id even take a look if you put out a link

i think this link works... it's waypoint so...

Fileshare it's called memento. also have the map red tide, which did get some testing. so that's much better. its a symmetrical BTB map.

memento does have some weird things on it, i did make it quite a while ago. oh and sword is set to fixed, never fixed that lol.

senador

Banned
What was the surprise thing that happened on Isolation that Bungie talked about? I don't think I ever experienced it or learned what it was.

nillapuddin

i think this link works... it's waypoint so...

Fileshare it's called memento.

it does have some weird things on it, i did make it quite a while ago. oh and sword is set to fixed, never fixed that lol.

Ill have a look, im pretty sure the next "best" relic is over 2 years old anyways, so you dont have to worry to much on polish, that guy never cared about fixing his

Ill have a post lunch look at it, I implore you to submit it on that thread also still, it certainly wont hurt, and youll get alot more eyeballs on it.

MTW needs to leak his shit already, 343 won't be giving us any direct footage so a 12 minutes match will make a happy fapper.

But why? You get a leak and then what? 343 comes in and tells you things have changed since that months old build? Then where are you?

You know damn well games companies don't release footage from a network beta 8 months before launch. You don't even need it. You just have come to expect that the devs tell you everything they're doing.

Transparency is totally awesome but let's be realistic, they don't need to fully explain everything. There would be massive fallout for example, if the Halo 2 dev team had told people a few months before launch of each and every campaign mission they had in the game. Why? Because the reality changed between when they would have said that and when the game shipped.

Risen

There was almost universal hate for Isolation... but I actually loved it. Well, loved it for Team Slayer... and even enjoyed the MLG KoTH variant that was on it early. I think because it really accentuated team movement, awareness, and team shot. Some say the game was over once you got on top, but with good teamwork pushes were really effective because of the lack of cover. Dunno...I've just always had a warm spot for the map. Maybe it's just fondness for doing well and seeing team assists get over 50 repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom