• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not actually asking for points, haha, just letting you know. David said there were some folks who'd poked around the mission multiple times to get access to stuff that wasn't announced yet and we did just that. :p

So I'm guessing you were told not to release it publicly? Hence the hesitation on your part?

So is the hunt still on?

With 'Domino Theory' claims I thought the hunt was over. However no proof or details have been provided (as yet).

I'll update this thread and the Waypoint thread if or when any proof is provided.

If he doesn't want the points we'll come up with a little something to give them away...

Ramirez

Aw, son of a bitch!

I remember watching when that reveal happened and little Heckfu went around screaming in terror. Man the writing was better back then (or my bar was a little lower).

The characters were just better, it's hard to top the Attitude era as far as entertainment value.

Dug

Banned
With 'Domino Theory' claims I thought the hunt was over. However no proof or details have been provided (as yet).

I'll update this thread and the Waypoint thread if or when any proof is provided.

If he doesn't want the points we'll come up with a little something to give them away...
Some of those videos are just reuploads BTW.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Gotta love the hunt for easter eggs in off screen footage.

UEROa.gif
cUE5W.gif

6m7nJ.gif
JyYQZ.gif

*coming out next week

edit:

David Ellis ‏@DavidEllis
I've seen @Feather5tone & @DanChosich running around with camera equipment a lot lately. Wonder what they could be up to?

https://twitter.com/DavidEllis/status/230468094877913088

My money would be on another generic community round up type thing. :( have they said when they plan on releasing it?

Also this place turned to shit.

Good news about the halo council, How did you find out who did it? Have fun with him lol

CyReN

Chicago Arena this weekend, big names going:

Status Quo - flamesword, enable, roy, snakebite
Carbon- ryan, blaze, assault, snipedown
Gimme My Money - ninja, mikwen, sargoth, elitest
Avengers -formal, lethul, apg, clutch

NILLA! Just wanted to give you a shout out cuz this controller is pretty frikkin cool! Gonna take a while to get used to though, but definitely feels good :] Thanks

nillapuddin

That Coag remake looks awesome.

i did a remake of Relic a while back. built the whole damn island out of coliseum walls. it's ok i guess, never really got any play tests on it though. has everything working, ramps dissapear for 1 flag etc, even has a working switch to open the teleporter. will probably take another shot at it in halo 4.

First off, thanks on Coag, it really did turn out great.

Secondly, If you want to get your map out to some more people submit it here

https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst13742_Halo--Reach-Anniv--FORGE-REMAKES---07-30-12.aspx

This is the home of a Remake group I used to head, I stepped down on the move to Waypoint and JDHarbs is in charge now-a-days, he does an excellent job.

One focus of the group that I took very seriously was helping map makers when they came to me/us with maps, not just doing it ourselves or stealing ideas, you should be welcome there and get good feedback

Relic is a tough one, the terrain is near impossible to replicate, but good luck.

Id even take a look if you put out a link

NILLA! Just wanted to give you a shout out cuz this controller is pretty frikkin cool! Gonna take a while to get used to though, but definitely feels good :] Thanks

Thats awesome dude, Im glad you like it.

I never have never used the right custom bumper but I put the AA button on the left, I really like it there, coupled with Bumper Jumper it makes Reach much smoother

Triggers might take some time also as someone else pointed out, but for sniping and precision weapons its very responsive, personally Ill never go back

zap

Sure is a lot of non-Halo talk in the OT: Halo 7. Yet members complain about Waypoint forums content...

To move things back to Halo chatter...

The latest Part 1 of Halo Council interview with David Ellis it was confirmed by David Ellis that some hands on player(s) found "some" easter eggs in the one playable mission of Spartan Ops at San Diego Comic Con.

Jump to the exact David Ellis quote at 3 mins 17 seconds

The Hunt Is On! Let's do this and find those easter eggs...

I'm willing to sponsor some MS points to add some fun too. First confirmed easter egg wins.

I'll PM the redemption code to the finder of the first Spartan Ops easter egg.

So far we have the following videos to search through:
YouTubeVideo1
YouTubeVideo2
YouTubeVideo3
YouTubeVideo4
YouTubeVideo5
YouTubeVideo6
YouTubeVideo7
YouTubeVideo8
YouTubeVideo9
YouTubeVideo10
YouTubeVideo11
YouTubeVideo12
YouTubeVideo13
YouTubeVideo14
YouTubeVideo15
YouTubeVideo16
YouTubeVideo17
YouTubeVideo18

Original Waypoint Thread Link

I'm pretty sure that at least one of the easter eggs David was talking about would be Domino and MastrBiggy finding (and using) the Promethean grenade.

TheOddOne

Although, this is down to the fact I spend my halo time in BTB.
Missed the whole BTB discussion a few pages back, but still seem relevant however to ask: how do people feel about the new BTB maps now? My random thoughts about them:

Delta Facility – Decent map with good flow. There is never one specific spot where people go or camp, I’ve seen people try to dominate the middle section with the falcon, the bridge above with the Laser, under the bridge or straight up going in each other bases. The last aspect can either be abused if you have a terrible team, but that can be said with any other map.

Asphalt – Great map which feels like the smallest BTB map ever. While it is heavily vehicle focused, on foot you are pretty equal because of the weapon placements. Even if the your base is being bombarded, there are multiple ways to get back to the enemy base and steal their stuff or you can blast them with the easily findable power weapons.

Rasu – Decent map. Tank beats all. Reminds me a lot of Hemorrhage (I think the basic layout of it is based on it?), but it’s not that annoying because of the huge screens in the middle of the map. Avoids the whole people camping for sniper, while it still happens it’s not that apparent to me. However the spawn system on this is pretty terrible, especially when your base is being run over.

Wayont – Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. Layout and placements are just too wide and open. When this map shows up for voting, pretty much everybody avoids it like the plague.

Mt Lam Lam – Decent map, feels more suited for a free-for-all map. This is the map where Elzar drove me off the cliff with a warthog, he bailed and jet packed to safety. What a dick. People seem to be camping in on the tower on the left of the map, I have no idea why. Hate that the sniper is so close to the base and people camping on the top of the base.

David Ellis ‏@DavidEllis:
I've seen @Feather5tone & @DanChosich running around with camera equipment a lot lately. Wonder what they could be up to?

KuGsj.gif

Havok

Missed the whole BTB discussion a few pages back, but still seem relevant however to ask: how do people feel about the new BTB maps now? My random thoughts about them:<snip>
Lam Lam isn't really new, it was put in at the same time as Abridged, Trident, and the rest of the Community BTB winners. By virtue of being made for Heavies, all the Heavies maps are kinda crummy. From the older additions, Abridged is okay--definitely the best of the bunch as far as I'm concerned. Lam Lam seems incredibly small and the land-side tower and surrounding slope below it is weirdly complex and gets clogged up all the time. Still, it can be pretty fun when randoms know how to push up, which is vital on the map with its spawns being the way they are, sneaking isn't really viable some of the time. Can't stand Wayont, especially not with the framerate issues the updated variant has. Trident is passable, but base-to-base sniping is pretty crappy.

BTB maps seem incredibly difficult to make with Forge World being so unfriendly to large maps, so I can't bring myself to be too harsh on any of them.

TheOddOne

Lam Lam isn't really new, it was put in at the same time as Abridged, Trident, and the rest of the Community BTB winners. By virtue of being made for Heavies, all the Heavies maps are kinda crummy. From the older additions, Abridged is okay--definitely the best of the bunch as far as I'm concerned. Lam Lam seems incredibly small and the land-side tower and surrounding slope below it is weirdly complex and gets clogged up all the time. Still, it can be pretty fun when randoms know how to push up, which is vital on the map with its spawns being the way they are, sneaking isn't really viable some of the time. Can't stand Wayont, especially not with the framerate issues the updated variant has. Trident is passable, but base-to-base sniping is pretty crappy.
Never played Lam Lam before the whole BTB update, weird. Yeah, Abridged is pretty decent map – yet there is something that the map is missing, I just can’t seem to pinpoint it.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Hype's starting to hit the base of my spine.
Halo 4, please relight the flame that once held my heart for halo.

Hope to see some of you folks at PAX
<3

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I'd be stupid to waste money on a game I'd play for a few days and then never again. :p

Sleeping Dogs, Darkstalkers 2, Madden, & Guild Wars 2 all coming up this month. :D

All will be played for two days then right back to Reach.

Are you back on Gears 3? I never did finish 4 player co-op on Insanity.

Yeah I'm down to do your co-op run and any other stuff you want. I was just doing some Guardian.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Well, two of them are SP games, one is a once a week game. So, if Guild Wars 2 isn't good,possibly. Borderlands 2/Mists of Pandaria will be next up on the docket if GW2 fails me.

Borderlands 2 --> right back to Reach the following day.

I'll be there with BL2 day one, too.

Sai-kun

Banned
Well, two of them are SP games, one is a once a week game. So, if Guild Wars 2 isn't good,possibly. Borderlands 2/Mists of Pandaria will be next up on the docket if GW2 fails me.

ughhh mists. i don't know how to feel about it. WoW has just sort of lost the magic for me. All I do is troll around in raid finder now :(

I am sitting here - hours after I should have started sleeping - desperately hoping for a new Halo 4 trailer to magically appear.

Help me Frankie.

Speaking of scale, the new Halo 4 toys are out of scale compared to the Reach toys.. MC is noticeably smaller that the Spartan III's which is too bad..

I fucking sick of this Mcfarlane bullshit, Halo 2/3 Era figures are smaller than the Reach Era and the Halo 4 series is introducing a new scale!?!.

Its just shit looks shitty. Mcfarlane have been nothing but horrible with the Halo series from day 1, the majority of the figures look like they have been painted by a blind kid with no hands and the different scales screw up any hope of having a decent looking collection.

NECA should of gotten the rights day one. They have done a good job with the gears line.

My silly picture post was completely drown in a frothy mixture of... well, the previous debate.

Should have waited till morning.

Paint some halo stuff

Flipyap

I fucking sick of this Mcfarlane bullshit, Halo 2/3 Era figures are smaller than the Reach Era and the Halo 4 series is introducing a new scale!?!.

Its just shit looks shitty. Mcfarlane have been nothing but horrible with the Halo series from day 1, the majority of the figures look like they have been painted by a blind kid with no hands and the different scales screw up any hope of having a decent looking collection.

NECA should of gotten the rights day one. They have done a good job with the gears line.
This is silly. No one makes better small scale dol-- ACTION FIGURES than McFarlane Toys, especially compared to the earlier Halo 3 series, which had an OBSCENE number of points of articulation for a toy that size.
NECA doesn't even make the same kind of toy - they make crappy statues with pointless articulation, just like the kind McFarlane Toys used to make in the Spawn/Metal Gear days.
Even at their worst (Reach), I can't think of a single company who would make the kind of toys McFarlane Toys make.

Want a highly-articulated (or any kind, really) figure of a Halo alien NOT made by McFarlane? You're shit out of luck. No one else is interested in making those, probably because developing a new body/joints for a single line would be too much work.
Want an army of larger-scale Spartans? You can still get those. From an increasing number of companies, and they're probably all better than what NECA would make anyway, even if their armors are sometimes grafted onto bodies with distinctly anime proportions.

Personally, I don't see the point in mixing figures from different series. Even at the same scale, most of the designs are so disparate, it would be hard to pretend that they could exist in the same place.
Group them by series, and it looks like any other collection of mixed brands.

This is silly. No one makes better small scale dol-- ACTION FIGURES than McFarlane Toys, especially compared to the earlier Halo 3 series, which had an OBSCENE number of points of articulation for a toy that size.
NECA doesn't even make the same kind of toy - they make crappy statues with pointless articulation, just like the kind McFarlane Toys used to make in the Spawn/Metal Gear days.
Even at their worst (Reach), I can't think of a single company who would make the kind of toys McFarlane Toys make.

Want a highly-articulated (or any kind, really) figure of a Halo alien NOT made by McFarlane? You're shit out of luck. No one else is interested in making those, probably because developing a new body/joints for a single line would be too much work.
Want an army of larger-scale Spartans? You can still get those. From an increasing number of companies, and they're probably all better than what NECA would make anyway, even if their armors are sometimes grafted onto bodies with distinctly anime proportions.

Personally, I don't see the point in mixing figures from different series. Even at the same scale, most of the designs are so disparate, it would be hard to pretend that they could exist in the same place.
Group them by series, and it looks like any other collection of mixed brands.

I just want a Collection of the series iconic characters at the same scale, mcfarlane increased the scale with the reach figures with the reason "it allows for us to add more detail to the characters" that is fantastic and it actually came true, reach scale stuff is pretty decent, but along side this they ship a seperate line of figures under the "Anniversary" title that are much smaller than the reach scale except a spartan model which is the same size as the reach Spartan III's.

The mcfarlane scale is all over, it changes per figure not just per wave. While NECA dont make true action figures in the sense of how many articulation points what they do make is decent quality models and everything from the AVP/GoW/Bulletstorm/Duke Nukem lines are good quality.

I dont see why mcfarlane needed to change the scale Again for Halo 4 when the reach scale was fine. All they needed to do was keep that and release the ODST and Human characters in that scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom