• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool screenshots, everyone. My favorite so far:
cVr7nl.jpg

No. Gameplay. Of non-Barn Builds. Including a build from yesterday where I had the most fun I have ever had in a game of Slayer, ever.

Hot.

Overdoziz

Banned
I had a dream about a remake of Sandtrap in Halo 4 last night. I remember saying "Why the hell would they remake this for Halo 4?!". I stand by that question.

Vire

I don't mind people asking for stuff and while people certainly get "entitled" I think that a lack of video content is a valid complaint - but here's the reality:

• BTS stuff is not "marketing" - which may be an irrelevant distinction, but it's community support and not designed to "sell" units.
  • We are swamped and haven't made as much stuff as we'd like.
  • Events - things like E3, PAX, comiccon are sucking up a lot of the spare time we have.
  • For every BTS or Vidoc you don't have, those team members have been working on launching the game, so it's not like we have loads of people sitting around doing nothing.
  • Creating stable builds for screenshots and movies is not trivial.
  • WE ARE WORKING ON MORE VIDEO CONTENT BETWEEN NOW AND LAUNCH THAT WILL APPEASE SOME OF YOU.

All caps is so you see it, not because I am yelling.
:lol

Am I the some?

Thanks for extinguishing some fires

A vidoc or two would be nice but for people complaining about a lack of direct feed footage, the MLG videos were better than anything I saw prior to Halo 3's or Reach's release (beta footage notwithstanding). Clean HD footage plus pros using BR's and DMR's, not ARing and walking in straight lines like much of the previous Halo's pre-release stuff.

At this point in time, aside from an official vidoc, I'm far more concerned about the state of the current Halo game that I've already bought. Halo 4 isn't going anywhere. Reach's playlists are in a desperate state and an August update is essential.

heckfu

Banned
Why would SPOPS content be on disc?

Since GAF is going to be there in full force, 343 has no option but to debut BTB and do a 8v8 humpday challenge on a unannounced map. Reclaim. NO OPTION.

I bet I could get SLTPoison to make official humpday shirts for us and 343. Frankie, Ellis...how bout it?

A vidoc or two would be nice but for people complaining about a lack of direct feed footage, the MLG videos were better than anything I saw prior to Halo 3's or Reach's release (beta footage notwithstanding). Clean HD footage plus pros using BR's and DMR's, not ARing and walking in straight lines like much of the previous Halo's pre-release stuff.

At this point in time, aside from an official vidoc, I'm far more concerned about the state of the current Halo game that I've already bought. Halo 4 isn't going anywhere. Reach's playlists are in a desperate state and an August update is essential.

Reach needs playlist consolidation now more than ever.

When you get the right game type I find Swordbase fairly enjoyable.
My thoughts exactly. It's okay for game types that keep people moving.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I will have a camera for PAX 100% now. My dad let me borrow one of his nice ones, although it is a bit older (Cannon). Only issue is that it uses a flash card not an SD card. Looks like a giant SD card.

I assume I can get a converter or something? My Mac Air only takes SD cards. Camera is nice though.

It's not awful, but there's nothing that great about it. Certainly doesn't warrant a remake.

I think it's one of the best BTB maps Halo has ever had, not quite as good as Avalanche, but close. It is perfect for Warthog combat and is one of those maps where the tank isn't super over powered.

I've wondered what that map would be like if the wall enclosing the camping room from the hallway was removed.
Wow, never thought of that. Do that and move the lift back into the corner and that area would never get camped again.

The graphic etc. needs more storage? Halo 4 looks better than Reach, has a "true" 720p resolution at 30fps. And we do not know how big the campaign will be.

Not to call you out or anything, but I think it's important that we distinguish this from storage requirements for graphical assets. The 720p/1080p/etc determines the resolution of the viewport of the player. Your graphics assets can be as detailed or miniscule as you like and it won't affect your resolution, much the same as you can have only like a standard definition 480i/p viewport but very high res assets and you WILL need more storage.

Just an important point. Resolution is determined by engine, not texture fidelity.

When you get the right game type I find Swordbase fairly enjoyable.

Map was obviously designed for Oddball and Reach beta stockpile.

heckfu

Banned
I will have a camera for PAX 100% now. My dad let me borrow one of his nice ones, although it is a bit older (Cannon). Only issue is that it uses a flash card not an SD card. Looks like a giant SD card.

I assume I can get a converter or something? My Mac Air only takes SD cards. Camera is nice though.

You can buy a USB dongle from Best Buy for cheap that has different adapters for different cards that is compatible with Mac. Mine's in Birmingham and have no use for it now so remind me this weekend to look for it and if I can find it I'll bring it with me and give it to you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, just bought Alan Wake from the marketplace to download while I'm gone. Hopefully I'll be able to tackle it and my interest in HL2 will be alive and well again. And for those wondering why I didn't buy it from Gamestop or 2nd hand from someone, I'm a snob about giving money to 2nd hand retailers and not the devs. I know it doesn't make fiscal sense but it helps me sleep better.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You can buy a USB dongle from Best Buy for cheap that has different adapters for different cards that is compatible with Mac. Mine's in Birmingham and have no use for it now so remind me this weekend to look for it and if I can find it I'll bring it with me and give it to you.

I'll check out Best Buy and see what I can find. Wish the camera used SD cards, I have a bunch of them. The Flash card has 1GB on it though so if I transfer every night I should be fine.

Nuborn

Why would SPOPS content be on disc?

Sorry to not go into more detail in that post, I meant that the menu option for Spartan ops would be on disc 2, possibly with the UI in place to download ASAP. Also shared assets (enemies/weapons) will most probably be on the disc.

As long as you talk about the ranking system before launch, I'll be good.

Frankie has already talked a lot on ranking systems already.
From what I gathered, they are very against displaying a public "skill" rank as it promotes unsportsmanlike conduct: boosting, cheating, account trading, etc.
I believe he said that they are looking into ways of privately informing you how well you preform compared to others.
So I wouldn't get your hopes up too much...

Before you yell at me, I personally would prefer a publicly viewable rank.
I much prefer competing over grinding out exp to level.

Beckx

From what I gathered, they are very against displaying a public "skill" rank as it promotes unsportsmanlike conduct: boosting, cheating, account trading, etc.
I believe he said that they are looking into ways of privately informing you how well you preform compared to others.

All I want is one thing: an easy way to figure out what my opponents general skill is before I start the match. If nothing else make BPR visible on the player card.

All I want is one thing: an easy way to figure out what my opponents general skill is before I start the match. If nothing else make BPR visible on the player card.

Why?
It isn't like you can back out once your matched.
I think it's much more important that matchmaking uses skill, rather than it being visible.

The skill visibility is really only useful for bragging and replay ability.

Talents

Banned

I know, I already read that. Don't get why, in my opinion, it will decrease account buying a bit, but I doubt much. People will still buy them to boast. I know my mate will still be selling accounts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom