• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wnNvu.jpg

BO2 will pass H4, it's an unfortunate reality (thanks Reach). Halo 4 will be the one to bring Halo back, so Halo 5 will outsell BO3/MW5

And look at all the pre-order gimmicks CoD has going right now, it's insane.

Wow, you have some great future telling device right there.

Also I won't be surprised to see a lot of those pre-order gimmicks in Halo 4. Just look at all the retailer exclusive crap that there is already.

Also, not sure if posted, but Bungie released an article on what Bungie Day was for them.

http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx?mode=news#cid32157

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/Inline12/BungieDay2012/Celebration/schedule.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.bungie.net/images/News/Inline12/BungieDay2012/Celebration/jones.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.bungie.net/images/News/Inline12/BungieDay2012/Celebration/play8.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.bungie.net/images/News/Inline12/BungieDay2012/Celebration/play2.jpg[IMG]

They've shopped out what was on the screens though... Makes me wonder how Destiny will actually work and play. More pictures in link.[/QUOTE]Bungie's studio is so nice. one of the nicest I've seen.

Wow, you have some great future telling device right there.

Also I won't be surprised to see a lot of those pre-order gimmicks in Halo 4. Just look at all the retailer exclusive crap that there is already.

Very good point, and I meant preorder wise for the Blops2 v H4. Just look at the recent trends, Blops 2 is up 222,984 in the month of July vs Halo 4's 75,983 for July. The trend indicates that most likely in the next 2/3 weeks Halo 4 will be surpassed on pre-orders unfortunately =/.

Sure, after that I got excessive, it's just wishful thinking really for the whole H4 bringing back Halo's dominance thing. lol

I think Halo 5 has a chance. Albeit a small one.

This, it's a very small chance, BUT if all the things with Halo 4 are executed oerfectly (Campaign, SpOps and MP) and CoD keeps pissing off their fans by being the same game over and over, then it could happen.

Maybe it could outsell the xbox version on cod, but i doubt it.

Halo 5 MIGHT outsell the related CoD at the time if they both are on 360 but even thats a longshot. If on diff systems its irrelevant. If they are both on next consoles EVERYONE will be buying CoD whether or not they have "CoD fatigue" to see the next big CoD.

CoD wins IMO because even Halo fans buy CoD. CoD fans laugh at Halo's framerate and play their technically superior game. Maybe #'s will prove me wrong but I doubt it.

Let me add: CoD fans MIGHT buy Halo for the campaign but they wont be in MP for more than ten games. Specially after getting cleansed.

Also, not sure if posted, but Bungie released an article on what Bungie Day was for them.

They've shopped out what was on the screens though... Makes me wonder how Destiny will actually work and play. More pictures in link.
It looks like a lot of fun. Curious when and where they will announce Destiny. Will it be at PAX? Or later? I am considering PAX very unlikely, still Bungie is community-oriented and PAX is an event for the gaming community. Okay. That's wishful thinking.

From the most recent preorder chart on the main preorder chart website:Whoa... BO2 is really catching up, and I don't even see Treyarch with an ad campaign. Ironically enough, this seems to be the most controversial CoD, with most people I know saying they wont get it.

Step it up, 343!

Neither game has really started marketing that much outside of video game outlets.
So the preorders thus far are pretty much from fans and based on incentives.
Let us compare the preorder incentives.
Halo:
gESSs.jpg

Black Ops:
Qn69p.jpg

Black ops 2 not only gives you a fan favorite map, but also more stuff the earlier you preorder

http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx?mode=news#cid32157

*pictures*

They've shopped out what was on the screens though... Makes me wonder how Destiny will actually work and play. More pictures in link.
Not posted as far as I'm aware! Thanks for the link. Bungie has been silent for so long I didn't think to check back there for any Bungie Day posts like that. I particularly enjoyed the knighting part, "Bungie Noob 2012."

This part is an amazing tease:
Marty closed the show with a musical number composed through collaboration with a new friend.

Karl2177

Not posted as far as I'm aware! Thanks for the link. Bungie has been silent for so long I didn't think to check back there for any Bungie Day posts like that. I particularly enjoyed the knighting part, "Bungie Noob 2012."

This part is an amazing tease:

Probably Paul McCartney.

540904_10151116965733313_1573265988_n.jpg

Tawpgun

That's a pretty outlandish statement. Theater mode screenshots are the equivalent of a bullshot. Try taking direct feed screenshots and behold the low res jaggyness.

I still think Halo 3 looks good, but it doesn't come anywhere close to as good as Gears 3.

I WANT YOU IN ME.

I mean Gears 3. Later today.

Yesh

I'll be on until 7-8 Earth Standard Time, go to gym, get back 9ish.

DeadNames

Banned
Neither game has really started marketing that much outside of video game outlets.
Halo:
gESSs.jpg

Black Ops:
Qn69p.jpg

Black ops 2 not only gives you a fan favorite map, but also more stuff the earlier you preorder

Quite true...

Although I don't see why anyone would want Nuketown. Outside of Combat Training, that map sucked hardcore. Spawnkilled fo' days.

Saying Halo 5 feels... weird. And more people buy CoD because, well, it's easier. Have you guys heard what Treyarch is doing with BO2 multiplayer?

Quite true...

Although I don't see why anyone would want Nuketown. Outside of Combat Training, that map sucked hardcore. Spawnkilled fo' days.

Saying Halo 5 feels... weird. And more people buy CoD because, well, it's easier. Have you guys heard what Treyarch is doing with BO2 multiplayer?

That's why it's a fan favorite lol, they can rack up the kill streaks!

What are they doing with cod multiplayer

DeadNames

Banned
That's why it's a fan favorite lol, they can rack up the kill streaks!

What are they doing with cod multiplayer

Apparently things now cost "points", and aren't limited to slots. You get 10 points to spend on whatever. Perks = 2 points, Normal "primaries" = 2 points, secondaries = 1 point... I think.

Sounds okay on paper, but I feel it could pull a Reach.

As long as we're talking about COD, I always hate how people assume there is no difference between the two because they are both shooters. What pisses me off even more is when someone says that Halo is "simple". It's all so frustrating.
However, I'm all up for making COD more competitive/balanced, I just want a good game with a decent ranking system to play. (hint hint)
Edit: lol username change, that was fast.

You'd love my friends' opinion on Halo.

Halo 5 MIGHT outsell the related CoD at the time if they both are on 360 but even thats a longshot. If on diff systems its irrelevant. If they are both on next consoles EVERYONE will be buying CoD whether or not they have "CoD fatigue" to see the next big CoD.

CoD wins IMO because even Halo fans buy CoD. CoD fans laugh at Halo's framerate and play their technically superior game. Maybe #'s will prove me wrong but I doubt it.

Let me add: CoD fans MIGHT buy Halo for the campaign but they wont be in MP for more than ten games. Specially after getting cleansed.

Hopefully when Halo 5 drops it will be on new hardware. Thus faster framerate 1080p res. Cod will die off someday.

http://i.imgur.com/wnNvu.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
lolololololololol
[quote="xxjuicesxx, post: 40522530"]Halo 4 wont outsell CoD and either will Halo 5.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Not sure why people care so much about that either. How does that actually matter? Both franchises will sell a lot of games, and so will other AAA games out there. There is so much room for plenty of high selling games right now.
[quote="_Computer_, post: 40523514"]Hopefully when Halo 5 drops it will be on new hardware. Thus faster framerate 1080p res. Cod will die off someday.[/QUOTE]

New hardware is no guarantee of 1080p and 60 frames per second.

Noricart

As long as we're talking about COD, I always hate how people assume there is no difference between the two because they are both shooters. What pisses me off even more is when someone says that Halo is "simple". It's all so frustrating.
However, I'm all up for making COD more competitive/balanced, I just want a good game with a decent ranking system to play. (hint hint)
Edit: lol username change, that was fast.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i'm really hoping we see some CoD fatigue with this batch of games.

i say this because i personally prefer Halo to CoD (the real war setting turns me off, as does the lack of jumping around) and want as many of my real life friends play with me.

DeadNames

Banned
i'm really hoping we see some CoD fatigue with this batch of games.

i say this because i personally prefer Halo to CoD (the real war setting turns me off, as does the lack of jumping around) and want as many of my real life friends play with me.

It's happening where I live. Let me say, it's amazing.

a zoojoo

Banned
lolololololololol
Halo:
http://i.imgur.com/gESSs.jpg[/mg]
Black Ops:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Qn69p.jpg[/]

Black ops 2 not only gives you a fan favorite map, but also more stuff the earlier you preorder[/QUOTE]
What BlOps2 is doing is a pretty good idea IMO, execpt for the map stuff, the earlier you preorder, the more stuff you get. Sounds like a pretty good incentive to me. Get on the ball, Microsoft!
[quote="heckfu, post: 40523553"]What[/QUOTE]

lolololololololololololololololololololololol

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
^^ nice avatar, bro

It's happening where I live. Let me say, it's amazing.

i convinced my two extremely close buds (we live pretty far away now) to buy and try halo 4 this year.

i'm moving from nyc to socal in a few months so i'm hoping more of my friends jump on board, too.

also, i hear the bad guy in the new cod is 99% related? hopefully that doesn't fly over well with my people.

Risen

That map was so good it had an entire playlist devoted to it. It was far and away the most balanced map in the game. It was symmetrical, few places to hide (relative to other maps), punished sucking, rewarded being great, and fit every game type except Ground War and FFA.

So if by sucking hardcore you meant the best map in the game... you are correct.

CoD fans are the type of people that use composite cords on their HDTVs. They are more likely to laugh at the fact that Halo has aliens in it and call it unrealistic.

Trying to convince "Cod people" to buy or play Halo is like talking to a brick wall. They have 101 excuses why Halo sucks. I think mostly the problem is you have to actually be good at video games to play Halo. People hate games if they cant win. Halo is like a religion and I am always trying to convert people for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom