• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

This seems backwards to me, especially for a MP component. How do you know if your changes are working if you never play them?
They base everything on feedback, both watching others play the game and listening to written and oral feedback about it. The concept is that if you play the game during development, it skews/influences your opinion on aspects of the game as they gradually and dramatically change over the course of development instead of attempting to look at it as objectively as possible.

Not all game designers do this, and even those that do have varying levels of how strict they are about not playing the game of course.

I believe Chris Carney has stated that he never played the Halo games during development.

This seems backwards to me, especially for a MP component. How do you know if your changes are working if you never play them?

Yea I'd like to read about where this is from and who's done this for which products. It seems a sweeping generalization that seems incredibly wrong. I can see someone getting attached to their creation and becoming impartial to negative feedback but who really gets their head that stuck up their butt they cant see it...

Does anyone have a link for this stuff?

I've never gotten all the achievements in any game I've owned except for Reach of course then they came out with more achievements for it.

There was once a time when I tried to at least get all the achievements for all my Halo games.

And it worked out (except for Halo Wars, but that's another story).

But then 343 came up with those brilliant MP achievements... The best thing is that I already did most of these things, but I would have to do them again now.

Yeah, I don't really care anymore at the moment. It would be nice to have them, but some are just so tedious. I really hope that they aren't a sign of things to come. If there's one thing they could learn from CoD, it's to not include MP achievements. Except maybe one or two progress related ones.

Yea I'd like to read about where this is from and who's done this for which products. It seems a sweeping generalization that seems incredibly wrong. I can see someone getting attached to their creation and becoming impartial to negative feedback but who really gets their head that stuck up their butt they cant see it...

Does anyone have a link for this stuff?

Reminds me of writing long papers for college and simply not seeing obvious mistakes because I see what I think I wrote instead of what I actually wrote. I guess it's a similar effect.

a zoojoo

Banned
No fucking shit? How many times do you plan on realizing/saying this until you actually do something about it?

a0823f7c_Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpeg

You could just ignore me, i wouldn't care. Apparently it DOESN'T matter what you post, it just matters how much you post.

/sarcasm

Karl2177

So if every gametype/map combo in Objective had the same weighting, then there's a 0.70% chance of getting a One Flag variant on a Defiant map. I'm not a playlist manager(I hear I'm overqualified for it; I have too much common sense), but those odds of even getting the map to show are just ridiculous. Then add the challenge of the opponents never touching the flag stand's zone to it... It cannot be done without boosting at this point in Reach's lifecycle, especially with the playlist consolidating, DLC non-requirements, and poor playlist management.

I'm gonna join kittens later. Thought you were starting soon.

So if every gametype/map combo in Objective had the same weighting, then there's a 0.70% chance of getting a One Flag variant on a Defiant map. I'm not a playlist manager(I hear I'm overqualified for it; I have too much common sense), but those odds of even getting the map to show are just ridiculous. Then add the challenge of the opponents never touching the flag stand's zone to it... It cannot be done without boosting at this point in Reach's lifecycle, especially with the playlist consolidating, DLC non-requirements, and poor playlist management.

2.5 more hours - 3PM pawsiphik

This is one of the reasons why they shouldn't attach achievements to new map packs, so then also they could make it free later on like Halo 2 and Halo 3 Heroic.

At least Halo is adopting the Season Pass from Gears.

kylej

Banned
people from waypoint have diarrhea of the mouth. we don't have an entire forum filled with places to post; the halo community has one single thread here. slow your roll.

people from waypoint have diarrhea of the mouth. we don't have an entire forum filled with places to post; the halo community has one single thread here. slow your roll.

Choice quote from a thread at random from Waypoint:

"Squad dlc is my favorite gametype"

...annnnnnnd I've officially had enough of those forums for the week.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Customs start in 90 minutes! I think some people saw me online and thought it had already started...

nillapuddin

Customs start in 90 minutes! I think some people saw me online and thought it had already started...

dang, right when Ill be gone

Well hope you enjoyed the 'Nilla Suite' of forge remakes, I appreciate you letting me give you a tour, if I dont get back in time definitely let me know how it goes!

especially the first full playthrough on Relic, im very anxious lol

1-Flag Master Race!

Halo 4- Details:

Disc 1: All Campaign, Theater.

Disc 2: All War Games (MP), Forge, Theater. Start 2 Specializations. 10 Maps.

Dlc: War Games: Map Pass, Start 3 Maps and 9 Maps Total. Specializations 6 (MP)

Dlc: Spartan Ops: Season Pass 1 + "X", Start 5 episodes and 50 Total. Specializations 6 (MP)

Dlc: Armor, Armor Skins, Weapon Skins, Emblems, Avatar + Props. Also Halo 4: FUD.

*Exclusive DLC Varies depending on retailers, Purchase of Halo 4 Game Standard/LE, and Halo 4 Console*
http://www.gamingexaminer.com/microsoft-details-halo-4-pre-order-dlc-specializations-and-war-games-map-pass/17635/#.UC_4Qhoif6c
http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/27/halo-4-spartan-ops-content-detailed/

Please correct me if im wrong and I'll edit asap.

m23

Halo 4- Details:

Dlc: Spartan Ops: Season Pass 1 + "X", Start 5 episodes and 50 Total. Specializations 6 (MP)

Dlc: Armor, Armor Skins, Weapon Skins, Emblems, Avatar + Props. Also Halo 4: FUD.

*Exclusive DLC Varies depending on retailers, Purchase of Halo 4 Game Standard/LE, and Halo 4 Console*
http://www.gamingexaminer.com/microsoft-details-halo-4-pre-order-dlc-specializations-and-war-games-map-pass/17635/#.UC_4Qhoif6c

Where did you get that Disc 1 and Disc 2 info?

Fotos

Halo 4- Details:

I heard disc 1 was everything and disc 2 was limited edition stuff

Where did you get that Disc 1 and Disc 2 info?
From observing the LE images and whatever sources to clarify. It reminded me of Halo 3 ODST with both discs being different. So if anything in the list is mistakened, I'll correct it asap. Not to misinform anyone if it is incorrect.

Okay wait. Looking online and at these descriptions it seems I was right. The LE GAME does come with the future map DLC. NOT just the console.

Enfinit

At least attempt to become part of a community before you talk shit about it. I'm most active on Waypoint, and the people I've met and developed friendships with are awesome individuals.

Waypoint at least as the dignity and respect to not bash other communities. HaloGAF is one of the most respected and best Halo communities, you're better than teenage let's-talk-shit-about-others drama. Your stereotyping an entire community based on the few (many) bad seeds in the Halo 4 forum. Have you gotten to know any of the Waypoint regulars outside of that forum? No. That's like saying the entirety of HaloGAF are negative, narcissistic individuals because I'm just going off what you post regularly.

If you don't like Waypoint, don't talk about it. You don't like me because I'm from Waypoint, don't talk to me. I don't trash your community, don't trash mine. It's as simple as that.

inb4clichekylejbeinganinternettoughguyandpostingbutthurtmemes.jpg

a zoojoo

Banned
At least attempt to become part of a community before you talk shit about it. I'm most active on Waypoint, and the people I've met and developed friendships with are awesome individuals.

Waypoint at least as the dignity and respect to not bash other communities. HaloGAF is one of the most respected and best Halo communities, you're better than teenage let's-talk-shit-about-others drama. Your stereotyping an entire community based on the few (many) bad seeds in the Halo 4 forum. Have you gotten to know any of the Waypoint regulars outside of that forum? No. That's like saying the entirety of HaloGAF are negative, narcissistic individuals because I'm just going off what you post regularly.

If you don't like Waypoint, don't talk about it. You don't like me because I'm from Waypoint, don't talk to me. I don't trash your community, don't trash mine. It's as simple as that.

Lol it's not HIS community.

But yep this is completely true.

But then again this is kylej we're talking about, he's not so good at adaptation.

I heard disc 1 was everything and disc 2 was limited edition stuff

I doubt that highly, that would be ALOT of LE stuff.

The console does not come with the future map DLC. If you want the maps, you have to buy the Limited Edition.

No I know that. The page back I asked why you wouldn't buy the LE game, and I was told because not everyone has 399, and that it only comes with the console. I was corrected incorrectly. I had the right information.

I'm going to go cancel my GameStop LE order though since I'm getting the console there, I should get the game from Bestbuy so I can get the other armor/skin.

isnt that such a tragedy, I would almost make the horrible financial decision to buy that console if it came with the LE game inside

Lol it is. Now I have to get the game separate from the system, I'm going to trade in the standard edition from the console bundle towards the Le though to save a bit of money. I need a new Xbox though, I can't keep deleting games to make room for arcade titles/installs.

Louis Wu

Um... I'm all for peace, love, and understanding, but...

Waypoint at least as the dignity and respect to not bash other communities.
This is laughably (and verifiably) false. I haven't spent a LOT of time there, but I've seen plenty of immature and unwarranted community-bashing. (I'm not saying they're worse than any other community - I'm simply saying they're not any better.)

Kyle wasn't saying anything that a few dozen other posters hadn't already said - he just attributed the problem to Waypoint juniors, instead of juniors in general.

As a set of guidelines I used for a while said: "if the shoe fits... wear it. If not - throw it away."

If his complaint doesn't apply to you, ignore it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Sooooo Bnet 2.0?

Enfinit

This is laughably (and verifiably) false. If his complaint doesn't apply to you, ignore it.

Community-bashing, again, only can be applied to the bad seeds and spontaneously active users mostly found in the Halo 4 forum. Not ONCE have I seen any negative comments about another community come from the active and core members of the Waypoint community. When I refer to the "Waypoint Community," that's what I associate it with - the active and core members.

When he talks negatively about a community, moreover a community that I strongly identify myself with, it does imply to me, and I'll defend it. He didn't say "zoojoo has diarrhea mouth," he said Waypoint. Not to mention Waypoint is way, way more accepting of new members who wish to join their community.

Regardless, I really enjoy both communities. I respect and look forward to reading GAF's (even kylej's) more, however that doesn't mean one's better than the other. It has nothing to do with having comfortably sized shoes. It's a matter of respect.

Top Bottom