• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

a zoojoo

Banned
Community-bashing, again, only can be applied to the bad seeds and spontaneously active users mostly found in the Halo 4 forum. Not ONCE have I seen any negative comments about another community come from the active and core members of the Waypoint community. When I refer to the "Waypoint Community," that's what I associate it with - the active and core members.

When he talks negatively about a community, moreover a community that I strongly identify myself with, it does imply to me. He didn't say "zoojoo has diarrhea mouth," he said Waypoint.

-_________-

What the fuck are you trying to say?

<3

I know he was implying me, but the weird thing, i consider myself coming from waypoint. I only have about 200 posts on there, which is not alot compared to some people. I wasn't a full time Waypointer. I just happened to hear about HaloGAF, from fuckificanremember, and i started lurking for a while, and i really liked the community, and that's when i signed up.

And remember. This is KYLEJ, we're talking about here.

Just to make something abundantly clear, I'm sure kylej is pretty cool IRL, but in this thread, he has a tenancy to be condescending and rude.

Louis Wu

One of my proffesors wore these. Looked really wierd being in a shirt and tie with these on.
toe+shoes.jpg
Everyone in my family wears those. They love 'em. (I've been on the fence about getting a pair for a couple of years.)

This place

http://i.minus.com/iiPrPEnMwkG5z.gif[img][/QUOTE]
I find this gif strangely hypnotizing.

I never understood why people hate on kylej so much when he says the same shit many other people say.. Sure his way of delivering comments can be blunt, but how's that any different from how many people post their comments on here? One thing's for sure, he's definitely better than the sneakily sarcastic and clique-minded cracks constantly being thrown around :]

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

My favorite way to read this thread

Everyone in my family wears those. They love 'em. (I've been on the fence about getting a pair for a couple of years.)

They're so comfortable and useful! Finally gave in and bought a pair when I went camping a month ago.. Gotta say, definitely worth the buy, especially if you plan on going in any ponds/rivers/lakes/lava pools/etc.

Tawpgun

Meh.

I really don't see how Waypoint as a whole is a community. It has the same problem Bnet does. You were essentially anonymous. There's SO many people posting there and the forums are so fragmented that I see it more of a hub than anything else.

Now, you can have groups of friends and communities WITHIN waypoint. Bnet even put it a step further with the groups.

But HaloGAF is much smaller, and everything is confined to here. NeoGAF isn't a community, its a hub, a big forum. HaloGAF is a community.

Now about the bolded... Isn't Halo 4 supposed to have something like this? Whether on waypoint or in-game. Clan system? I remember hearing about it.

a zoojoo

Banned
What he said was true, doesn't matter who he is.

Dude, leave me the fuck alone.

I think we can all agree that we all dislike the user named a zoojoo.

Thanks for being the scrapegoat and taking one for the team, a zoojoo.

meh, i'm used to being the outlier. and i'm sure that's an exaggerated statement. Very exaggerated, i'm willing to bet at least 1/2 of haloGAF has no problem with me.

I think we can all agree that we all dislike the user named a zoojoo.

Thanks for being the scrapegoat and taking one for the team, a zoojoo. You have brought HaloGAF together with a common ideal, and for that I thank you.

ElRenoRaven

I never understood why people hate on kylej so much when he says the same shit many other people say.. Sure his way of delivering comments can be blunt, but how's that any different from how many people post their comments on here? One thing's for sure, he's definitely better than the sneakily sarcastic and clique-minded cracks constantly being thrown around :]

I tend to agree. He's not afraid to say what many are thinking. I may not always agree with him but I do respect him.

crazybydefault

Neo Member
I really don't see how Waypoint as a whole is a community. It has the same problem Bnet does. You were essentially anonymous. There's SO many people posting there and the forums are so fragmented that I see it more of a hub than anything else.
Waypoint itself is almost divided into smaller sub-communities. There are those who usually hang around in General Discussion and there are also those who mainly stick to places such as Universe or Halo 4 or the Wars forum. I definitely see what you're saying.

Anyways, moving off of that topic: I remember seeing some screenshots floating around the interwebz that hinted at such a thing as an in-game group system. There weren't any specifics that went with them other than something like "Manage Group" or something like that...

Now about the bolded... Isn't Halo 4 supposed to have something like this? Whether on waypoint or in-game. Clan system? I remember hearing about it.

I think it was in the same leaked info as the "10 new weapons" leak.

I really miss clans, it was such an awesome feature. I think it's a feature that could actually keep people playing.

edit: tryng to keep it haloz

I find this gif strangely hypnotizing.

They look kinda Meh but i hear the amazing for your feet though i worry about chaffing between toes. I thought about gett a pair once i have more money

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

My favorite way to read this thread

They're so comfortable and useful! Finally gave in and bought a pair when I went camping a month ago.. Gotta say, definitely worth the buy, especially if you plan on going in any ponds/rivers/lakes/lava pools/etc.

On American Ninja Warrior Alot of the "pro" use these they seem like a modern day Tobi boots (Ninja boots).

Treyarch's next reveal will be an intricate clan system. Watch..

They already have one for MW3

Havok

I think it was in the same leaked info as the "10 new weapons" leak.

I really miss clans, it was such an awesome feature. I think it's a feature that could actually keep people playing.

edit: tryng to keep it haloz
It was a really interesting system. If your clan was small enough that most of them could fit into a single Major Clanmatch lobby, then you had a great way (and the only in-game way in the series) to be skill ranked as a team, not just individually. Maybe it's just that I never used it that way, but Bungie's argument that people just used it as a second friends list never rang true to me.

Also, to put my two cents in as a longtime (more than five years now) reader and member of the community, the last six months or so of these threads have been frustrating to read not because they started moving faster, but because every ten pages a fight will break out over some passive-aggressive comment and everybody will start metabitching about post style or what constitutes "constructive criticism." New folks will fall into line eventually, or they'll be ignored. It happens every time.

So if every gametype/map combo in Objective had the same weighting, then there's a 0.70% chance of getting a One Flag variant on a Defiant map. I'm not a playlist manager(I hear I'm overqualified for it; I have too much common sense), but those odds of even getting the map to show are just ridiculous. Then add the challenge of the opponents never touching the flag stand's zone to it... It cannot be done without boosting at this point in Reach's lifecycle, especially with the playlist consolidating, DLC non-requirements, and poor playlist management.

I'm gonna join kittens later. Thought you were starting soon.
Don't blame playlist management for that one. It's a shit achievement.
So that's how The Cage happened.

Also, Lockout.

JHall

On the bright side, Halo 5 will most likely have clans, spectator mode, etc since it's trying to be like CoD.

Those bandwidth hogs are too much for them to handle. Expect a perk that allows someone to blow up their jetpack when dying; killing everyone in a 20 foot radius. Like dead-man's hand from MW3.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
One of my proffesors wore these. Looked really wierd being in a shirt and tie with these on.
toe+shoes.jpg

And to make this post Halo relevant... How the hell do spartans walk in those boots. Seems like ski boots.

That's why I bought the Nike Free instead of those. You can't wear those outside of exercising.

Well 343 did say they were doing things with social interaction in the game. I think it's a no-brainer at this point to bring back clans, and make it so you can join leagues or be placed in divisions, as a clan.

There's so much potential that could be happening with H4 and I feel like some of its being wasted. Yea its a great looking game, but wheres the big "holy shit thats a crazy awesome feature" moment.

But maybe 343 will prove me wrong when they show me something groundbreaking instead of slight upgrades.

a zoojoo

Banned
Well 343 did say they were doing things with social interaction in the game. I think it's a no-brainer at this point to bring back clans, and make it so you can join leagues or be placed in divisions, as a clan.

There's so much potential that could be happening with H4 and I feel like some of its being wasted. Yea its a great looking game, but wheres the big "holy shit thats a feature" moment.
But maybe 343 will prove me wrong when they show me something groundbreaking instead of slight upgrades.

I might forgive a non-competitive ranking system if this were the case.

Dynamic Lighting isn't a major upgrade? :p

Though i agree, though the game looks great, we haven't seen a whole lot of "groundbreaking features"

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Customs starting in 15 minutes! We already have a party of 10, so we may have to split into two parties. My GT = kittens dx.

I was looking at the video of the sounds of UNSC weapons and assuming those are the only UNSC guns what will the other new weapons be? That puts us at 3 so far with the Saw, Railgun and Sticky Grande Gun.

How many promethean and returning covenant weapons will we have. Will games like Griffball mean we are keeping the gravity hammer? Do we even know if this is in the game? I really loved the focus rifle and the Concussion Rifle. Wish we knew this by now.

Also wonder what new vehicles are going to be/look like. I'm hoping for more than one.

I was looking at the video of the sounds of UNSC weapons and assuming those are the only UNSC guns what will the other new weapons be? That puts us at 3 so far with the Saw, Railgun and Sticky Grande Gun.

How many promethean and returning covenant weapons will we have. Will games like Griffball mean we are keeping the gravity hammer? Do we even know if this is in the game? I really loved the focus rifle and the Concussion Rifle. Wish we knew this by now.

Also wonder what new vehicles are going to be/look like. I'm hoping for more than one.

I'm thinking at least one more new UNSC gun, possibly two more. 3 or 4 Forerunner, 1 or 2 Covie. The Grav Hammer is so fun to use (and noob-friendly), that I have to think it'll be in.

How could you possibly like the most useless gun in the game, the Focus Rifle? How?

We already know of two new ones, we don't know if there are more or in what capacity we'll get to use the new ones.

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that we'll get 15 new weapons. The weapons we know of are:
-Storm rifle
-Sticky detonator
-Saw
-Light rifle
-Scattershot
-Railgun
-Boltshot

And then there are still 2 forerunner weapons that haven't been announced yet but I think it's a safe bet to say those will be a sniper and an AR like weapon. Returning Covenant weapons are:
-Carbine
-Plasma pistol
-Fuel rod gun
-Beam rifle
-Needler

As for the vehicles, I think it was confirmed that there'll only be 2 new vehicles. One probably being the mech and the other may be the elephant like vehicle though I'm not sure that counts as a new one.

I'm thinking at least one more new UNSC gun, possibly two more. 3 or 4 Forerunner, 1 or 2 Covie. The Grav Hammer is so fun to use (and noob-friendly), that I have to think it'll be in.

How could you possibly like the most useless gun in the game, the Focus Rifle? How?

We already know of two new ones, we don't know if there are more or in what capacity we'll get to use the new ones.

Haha I don't know, it was just fun. It could have been a bit stronger but otherwise it was a cool weapon and design.

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that we'll get 15 new weapons. The weapons we know of are:
-Storm rifle
-Sticky detonator
-Saw
-Light rifle
-Scattershot
-Railgun
-Boltshot

And then there are still 2 forerunner weapons that haven't been announced yet but I think it's a safe bet to say those will be a sniper and an AR like weapon. Returning Covenant weapons are:
-Carbine
-Plasma pistol
-Fuel rod gun
-Beam rifle
-Needler

As for the vehicles, I think it was confirmed that there'll only be 2 new vehicles. One probably being the mech and the other may be the elephant like vehicle though I'm not sure that counts as a new one.

Awesome. Thank you. Also 15 new weapons is a lot. That would be a great way to helping boot a new trilogy. I'm so excited for this release!

Top Bottom