• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Computron

Computron, That video gives me motion sickness what did you do to it?

Not my video. The only adjustments are in the name of the video file, google RSMB (ReelSmart Motion Blur).

It takes a few to get used to it, and just like with 3d, a portion of the viewers won't be able to resolve it even after extended viewing.
But, if you can see it comfortably, damn is it smooth.

Man, I want a 120hz/240hz OLED monitor. Those can't be too expensive, right?

Computron

I can see the appeal but something about it is off putting. Not sure what.

I put the video on in SMPlayer with gapless repeating playback (Windows Media Player does not playback at the full framerate and repeats badly) and watched it for about 10 minutes straight.

Now when I look at anything else, stuff looks like I am able to see motion much faster, and not just what's on my monitor.

I wonder if this is what being on cocaine feels looks like?

I put the video on in SMPlayer with gapless repeating playback (Windows Media Player does not playback at the full framerate and repeats badly) and watched it for about 10 minutes straight.

Now when I look at anything else, stuff looks like I am able to see motion much faster, and not just stuff on my monitor.

iRc5cUvLRQEuF.gif

On a side note, just saw a thread on Waypoint that reminded me of yet another reason why Objective games SUCK in Reach..

Camo as an AA

No longer were we able to have the bomb guy sneak his way into a Camo that allows for a strategic sneaky plant. Please 343, please give us the original, overpowered Camo as an Ordnance Drop on the map. Please.

Fuchsdh

Now when I look at anything else, stuff looks like I am able to see motion much faster, and not just what's on my monitor.

Yeah that was a bit uncomfortable for me, but that's partly due to the jerky camera.

The thing is motion blur and more frames necessarily preclude each other. While more frames is certainly better from a gameplay perspective, it's not from a visual perspective (for me.)

Homeboyd

OMGPMCHECKCHECKPMSOMG

Isn't there a PM indicator when you get a PM? Why do people keep telling people to check PMs?

Is it broken or something?

Sorry, this has been bothering me for like 8 million OTs and "check your PMs"

In before "check your PMs."

My thoughts exactly. I've never missed a PM, can't imagine how that could happen.
Well maybe with alternative styles for NeoGAF but while using the default one...

Yeah, I've never understood it either. It's the first thing I notice since the text becomes orange.

Maybe it's for people who may not notice it because they're on the mobile site, because that's happened to me before.
You guys don't frequent mobile GAF do you...

Edit: what Franklin said

feel

Can someone repost the Halo 4 gameplay video with the braindead person playing? I saw it on my phone earlier but I can't find it now that I'm on the pc.

JEEEEESUS, this shit is sooooo smooth, I swear I can see the future.

EDIT: Windows Media Player does not playback at the full framerate and has other issues. I used SMPlayer when I was watching it.
60fps is great. But I literally teared up when I played 120fps left 4 dead 2 maxed out for the first time after playing the console version for so many years. Everything comes to life out of the screen, just too damn silky smooth.

m23

Playing Halo 4 tomorrow, so hyped. Apparently the response has been great for the game there. And someone said they didn't let you alter the settings and such, my cousin said they gave everybody a minute or two to setup controller etc.

I think I'll try out BR and Thruster. I'll try to record some matches to the best of my ability. Although it will just be the E3 build I'm sure I'll have fun.

Vire

Holy shit, lightning just struck right outside my window and knocked over a small tree...

Guess I should turn off my 360 right about now.

Praying Isaac misses us.

LD2k

Neo Member
Xbox Live totally going down when I'm trying to do some Legendary Halo 3 campaign on co-op. Perfect timing.

Anyone else having issues?

KdMgMan

Xbox Live totally going down when I'm trying to do some Legendary Halo 3 campaign on co-op. Perfect timing.

Anyone else having issues?

xbox live is also acting weird for me. every time i try to send any invites it keeps freezing my xbox.

GhaleonEB

Just saw that on the news, yikes. PAX next week. Hang in!

And here's the cap in it all:

The road is the same route that runners are taking for the Hood to Coast relay. Participants are being detoured to Millard Road, according to a race organizer.

The race made the drive into work a nightmare. And on the way home, it was worse - and then backed up due to the fire, and the race rerouted across traffic on top of it.

Yeah.

I have next Friday off for PAX, and then the following Monday off for the holiday. Four day weekend, woo!

Edit: you know it's bad when you get to round three of voting in Firefight and no one votes. They're all sitting there in dismay that the rounds ended with Waterfront.

Firefight voting rounds should be extended to eight. That's part of what made Doubles so great.

I'm loving the dark gaf skin so much easier on the eye's. I'm a computer tech so 8 hours of computer screen's at work can give you one hell of a migraine.

LD2k

Neo Member
xbox live is also acting weird for me. every time i try to send any invites it keeps freezing my xbox.
Same - seems to be happening to everyone. Man, had a 4 player co-op night planned. My luck, man.

On a side note, played a few matches of Halo 3 this AM. So FUN. I hope Halo 4 brings back that FUN that previous entries in the series had. So good.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hay guyz, I miss anything?

me and my wife picked up our new ride today, yay

Woorlung is newzoojoo.

No one has a clue what's going on with LE content.

Two shitty helmets come with the season pass.

Drfuhoo hit the jackpot and is shitting on kids.

Pistachio Chief is back along with Blueberry Cortana

I don't understand why people have to say that? I saw the orange notification...

Because aliens.

willow ve

Got bored with matchmaking today. Decided to go after random commendations in co-op online campaign... Holy shit it is impossible to get assists.

Also, will we be able to purchase the Map/Season Pass with MS Points? Because that would make it free...

DeadNames

Banned
So I'm taking a C++ course this fall, and I have absolutely NO programming experience outside of a tiny bit of Lua that I forgot... Any pointers for those who know the language well?

Sorry for the off-topic-ness, Halo!

Make a thread, I'm sure there's a ton of people on GAF willing to help.

Where would I make it? I haven't really gone out of lurking out of Gaming Discussion and posting here...

Computron or FyreWulf may be able to help you out.

Sweet, thanks!

So I'm taking a C++ course this fall, and I have absolutely NO programming experience outside of a tiny bit of Lua that I forgot... Any pointers for those who know the language well?

Make a thread, I'm sure there's a ton of people on GAF willing to help.

Computron or FyreWulf may be able to help you out.

How are pointers handled in C++ again?

Enjoy it. It's too easy to pick up. Be very wary of this. I could conceptually get things but putting it into practice caught me off.

Recarpo

Don't use eclipse and the best way to cement what you're learning is to just dick around with some code. Also, it's pretty overwhelming at first, at least some things are FU pointers, but it gets better.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Well, my deadlift grip finally killed my reach controller.

The right stick no longer clicks in, it's permanently down now and I can actually lift the analog stick up out of the groove.

Bad side effect of having a strong grip I guess, lol.

Time to get a new controller.

I'm curious to know the cooperative design philosophies behind campaign and Spartan Ops. Both have co-op. That said, Campaign seems player-focused (QTEs) and isolated (the Chief's story) from the footage we've seen, while Spartan Ops is about a group of Spartans discovering things together. Are Campaign missions designed with multiple players in mind, or are those ideas delegated to Spartan Ops?

Top Bottom