• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Messing around with the honey comb pattern.

coKwQ.jpg

I just donated $40, I really hope that means I get a special place on that website, a shoutout (whoo!) and some of those awesome gamer gloves. I cant believe I have been gaming all my life without them!

That child in a suit really sold it to me.

Woorloog

Banned
Woorlung is newzoojoo.

No one has a clue what's going on with LE content.

Two shitty helmets come with the season pass.

Me- what?

Still haven't had answer clearing up the LE content and whether it contains the season pass helmets as well.

EDIT cool helmet, Mastrbiggy.

Shadders

Oh man, $75 for a certificate signed by Suddoth!? I need this in my life.

On a serious note, can you really start an MLG competitor with $5k? That seems like an incredibly small amount of money..

Any kind of business start-up loan or grant would get you $5k.

TCKaos

Welp HaloGAF, it was fun getting to know you all over the past months and playing with ya. First week back to college kicked my ass so hard I literally packed up my Xbox tonight as a result. Don't know if taking a year off of school affected my learning or if my Kinesiology major is just really hard, but I need to refocus. Hopefully by the time Halo 4 comes out I'll have it all figured out, but right now I don't. Again, fun times playing with you guys and glad you liked the tshirt I made. I'll mostly lurk lightly now. It's been fun.

We'll wake you when we need you.

senador

Banned
LOL CGL

So, they are going to do ALL that off just a kickstarter of $5,000? No, that's silly. They won't be able to do most of that shit for years after establishing themselves and getting sponsorships (real ones), and having quite a bit of money, etc. These kids most likely have no idea how to do any of that. Its cute, and props for trying instead of just talking, but its not happening.

Edit: Its real right? Not a joke? I'm honestly not quite sure. I love that they used MLG footage.

Messing around with the honey comb pattern.
YOu are going to take it with you to PAX Prime?
LOL CGL

So, they are going to do ALL that off just a kickstarter of $5,000? No, that's silly. They won't be able to do most of that shit for years after establishing themselves and getting sponsorships (real ones), and having quite a bit of money, etc. These kids most likely have no idea how to do any of that. Its cute, and props for trying instead of just talking, but its not happening.

Edit: Its real right? Not a joke? I'm honestly not quite sure. I love that they used MLG footage.
It is real. They have no experience except participating some MLG events. They are trying to do it in MLG style. Meeting a venue, a hotel. And a kid who looks like a 18-year old tries to convince me to pledge to a project by guys who have no reputation in doing such an event or in the competitive community. And a suit does not help out to look serious.

Oh man, $75 for a certificate signed by Suddoth!? I need this in my life.

On a serious note, can you really start an MLG competitor with $5k? That seems like an incredibly small amount of money..

Any kind of business start-up loan or grant would get you $5k.

fuck the signature. go all out and spend 500$ for dinner

YOu are going to take it with you to PAX Prime?

It is real. They have no experience except participating some MLG events. They are trying to do it in MLG style. Meeting a venue, a hotel. And a kid who looks like a 18-year old tries to convince me to pledge to a project by guys who have no reputation in doing such an event or in the competitive community. And a suit does not help out to look serious.

It actually begs the question, how did MLG form? It certainly wasnt like that in the early days was it? If it was props to whoever formed it!

Louis Wu

He already got banned from HBO?
He didn't get banned. I just warned him to slow down his posting.

Just donated $10. Told them my name was CyReN. Looking forward to hearing my shoutout at the event.
Not sure if you're serious, but as of just now (9am eastern on Saturday), their status:

current_cgl_donations.png

I just donated $40, I really hope that means I get a special place on that website, a shoutout (whoo!) and some of those awesome gamer gloves. I cant believe I have been gaming all my life without them!
Eh. Okay, the $10 is probably from one of the Sudds. Never mind.

He didn't get banned. I just warned him to slow down his posting.

Not sure if you're serious, but as of just now (9am eastern on Saturday), their status:

http://files.smallbits.com/images/current_cgl_donations.png

Eh. Okay, the $10 is probably from one of the Sudds. Never mind.

Might help the cause if you HBO front paged it :p

They would have more luck going to an already established company than trying to set it all up themselves, in England we have something called GamerBase which is probably perfect for what they would want. They could probably pay the company some money, use the facilities for a bit, then get the hell out. Would be far cheaper than 5 grand and then having to look after everything.

Might help the cause if you HBO front paged it :p

They would have more luck going to an already established company than trying to set it all up themselves, in England we have something called GamerBase which is probably perfect for what they would want. They could probably pay the company some money, use the facilities for a bit, then get the hell out. Would be far cheaper than 5 grand and then having to look after everything.
That's what Arena Gaming did. They did their tournament in Gaming LAN Venue and the only equipment, they had to provide, was the streaming stuff.

Top Bottom