• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

CyReN

Could someone please explain to me the significance of the whole circle twitch that MLG players do? I've never understood it.

Looks dumb.

Here
Commonly referred to as the "Ogre twitch," it was actually done in Halo 1 for recalibrating (resetting) the aim, so that, for instance, a miniscule off-center location of the right stick (default settings) would not adversely affect one's aim. Such recalibrating, however, did not originate with Halo. It has been done for years in other FPS games. Though not nearly as necessary in Halo 2, it is still done out of habit.

willow ve

Well, my deadlift grip finally killed my reach controller.

The right stick no longer clicks in, it's permanently down now and I can actually lift the analog stick up out of the groove.

Bad side effect of having a strong grip I guess, lol.

Time to get a new controller.

New controllers are great. It feels like a brand new game when you first start breaking in a new controller. I just switched to wireless a few weeks ago after having only used wired for the last 3+ years. Seems like I have to replace a controller roughly every 9-10 months now.

Could someone please explain to me the significance of the whole circle twitch that MLG players do? I've never understood it.

Looks dumb.

Possibly recenters the stick/reticule. Also it's just a twitch; akin to swimmer jumping up and down before the start of a race or a chess player cracking their knuckles. I've always known it as the "Ogre Twitch" as Ogre 2 was the one "famous" gamer who really used it a lot (and still does).

Vire

Thanks.

2HUV

And I assume the melee pistol whips are just to be obnoxious? ;)

Holy shit, lightning just struck right outside my window and knocked over a small tree...

Guess I should turn off my 360 right about now.

Praying Isaac misses us.
Isaac is ingesting too much dry air and encountering too much vertical wind shear to do anything right now. Can't get organized and then has to cross over Haiti and Cuba. Who knows where it will go though.
I'm loving the dark gaf skin so much easier on the eye's. I'm a computer tech so 8 hours of computer screen's at work can give you one hell of a migraine.
ditto for the win
Hay guyz, I miss anything?

me and my wife picked up our new ride today, yay
family_van.gif

Fam van? :)

DeadNames

Banned

Ryaaan14

Banned
I like the glimmer here
http://i.minus.com/djC1nF41QlpAg/sdd.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/dK81Eg0Ienwsi/gf.gif

I hope they don't change/fix these slow descents of the dead bodies, I like them. Remind me of that animatrix short.

http://i.minus.com/iKDSCfu0oq8HC.gif[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

ilysm

I really hope this is an intentional physics mechanic. Shit is hilariously awesome.

willow ve

Next time someone pulls the "Halo 1 was just a pistol/power weapon game, nothing else was used!" argument, I'm just gonna point them to this stream with Ogre 2 wrecking shit with a snipe/assault rifle combination.

Even his grenades are crazy. This is more fun watching his CE stream than I had all day grinding credits in Reach.

Welp HaloGAF, it was fun getting to know you all over the past months and playing with ya. First week back to college kicked my ass so hard I literally packed up my Xbox tonight as a result. Don't know if taking a year off of school affected my learning or if my Kinesiology major is just really hard, but I need to refocus. Hopefully by the time Halo 4 comes out I'll have it all figured out, but right now I don't. Again, fun times playing with you guys and glad you liked the tshirt I made. I'll mostly lurk lightly now. It's been fun.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Welp HaloGAF, it was fun getting to know you all over the past months and playing with ya. First week back to college kicked my ass so hard I literally packed up my Xbox tonight as a result. Don't know if taking a year off of school affected my learning or if my Kinesiology major is just really hard, but I need to refocus. Hopefully by the time Halo 4 comes out I'll have it all figured out, but right now I don't. Again, fun times playing with you guys and glad you liked the tshirt I made. I'll mostly lurk lightly now. It's been fun.

Nooooo :_(

Take care buddy, hope to see you back soon

Ramirez

I like the glimmer here
http://i.minus.com/djC1nF41QlpAg/sdd.gif[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/dK81Eg0Ienwsi/gf.gif[/IMG

I hope they don't change/fix these slow descents of the dead bodies, I like them. Remind me of that animatrix short.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iKDSCfu0oq8HC.gif[/IMG

Congrats!

[/QUOTE]

Where are those GIFs from?

[quote="Deputy Moonman, post: 41387789"]

[IMG]http://stlbusinesspro.com/USAutoPro/images/family_van.gif[/IMG
Fam van? :)[/QUOTE]

I ride in style brah.

[IMG]http://stwot.motortrend.com/files/2012/04/2013-Ford-Escape-front-three-quarter2-623x389.jpg

Kibbles

Source is only a rumour posted at Se7enSins but it make sense. Neversoft are attached to the Franchisee thats been known awhile now and IW are busy making "The Next CoD Engine".

Its very likely only in early development stages at this point but these things get churned out on a yearly basis it makes sense that start now. 16 month is short for a game development procedure.

CMT are, Its a long process but its getting done. You can download a play T&R now but the rest of the campaign is "done when its done". The team has splintered with the majority now working on a Re-envisioning of Silent Cartographer and 3 people remaining on the SPv3 side of things.

Truth & Reconciliation Video

Great work honestly, I don't like some of the design choices (mainly the adjustments to some weapons) but its still very admirable.

They really need some built in widescreen FOV hack or something.

I enjoyed replaying Halo 3 on Legendary today, missions The Storm, Flood Gate, The Ark, and The Covenant. Brute A.I. & Flood A.I. were above average in my gameplay run. Brute Chieftains and Hunters were a lot of fun and gave several surprises when countering my assaults.

Talked with several communities to get their input on Flood and Brutes within Halo and from the feedback it turned out even. Since they were pulled from Halo 4, I wonder if they'll have a significant role and complete redesign from Art to A.I. in an interesting newly reunion.

wwm0nkey

Friend told me about no-slow controllers so I decided to use some scissors and sand paper on my GameStop wired one to convert mine and wow no-slow+wired really makes a HUGE difference in performance!

DeadNames

Banned
Listening to the samples again, this time with headphones, I think I can say I like them. I have a feeling something badass is going to happen during "Ascendancy". But the piano really needs to be softer in tone, in my opinion.

I still hope the classic Halo theme has it's own song.

"To Galaxy" is so good. Oh man, it's just EPIC.

Slaker117

Dammit, I want to keep watching this Ogre stream, but I need to sleep so I can get up at 4:30 tomorrow. Halo 1 is just too much fun; the simple lethality on display is a joy to watch.

A detail that would have been awesome would be that when you beat someone down and they go crashing to the ground sparks would fly up and metal scraping/impact sound effects play. That would feel so awesome.

FyreWulff

OMGPMCHECKCHECKPMSOMG

Isn't there a PM indicator when you get a PM? Why do people keep telling people to check PMs?

Is it broken or something?

Sorry, this has been bothering me for like 8 million OTs and "check your PMs"

In before "check your PMs."

Well, people ran it down into the ground as a joke before, but I do it to get people on MobileGAF to actually check their PMs, because there's no lighting orange link on there, and they won't even see it if they don't scroll way down. I despise that interface.

DeadNames

Banned
Top Bottom