• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

I didn't try any of Reach's achievements, but Halo 3's weren't really difficult, the most notable was something like get 2 double kills on a legendary map. Then there were others like get a perfection/overkill and almost anyone could get them, the only one I found that involved luck/boosting was the get a double laser kill in lone wolves or something.

That was actually one of the least offensive ones, if that can be believed.

The most absurd one off the top of my head was "get a double kill with a single laser shot in a Ranked FFA playlist." WUT

Woorloog

Banned
I didn't try any of Reach's achievements, but Halo 3's weren't really difficult, the most notable was something like get 2 double kills on a legendary map. Then there were others like get a perfection/overkill and almost anyone could get them, the only one I found that involved luck/boosting was the get a double laser kill in lone wolves or something.

Too many of Halo 3's MP achievements were either trivial or had idiotic special circumstances like 2 for 1...
I'm all for challenging achivements but you really can't desing them with high-end players in mind...
MP achievements are fine if they can have wide-range of conditions that unlock them, like having 3 sprees of any type in one match (any matchmade match, no Griffball etc "action sack" lists), no other restrictions. (For challenge, up that to 5 sprees or something like that).

The most absurd one off the top of my head was "get a double kill with a single laser shot in a Ranked FFA playlist." WUT

I have gained that thing twice. I don't remember about the first time but with second gamer tag, i got it by pure luck.

Posted this in the PAX meat up thread, but I thought I'd post it here as well for those that haven't visited the thread, but are going to PAX:

Added contact info for those that posted it on the HaloGAF website. My info is now there as well.

It is sad that Kripsy Kreme's music production quality rivals that of mainstream radio.

/hipster.

So, second to Halo 4 is my want to play Borderlands 2 at PAX. Apparently there is a Borderlands 2 play party Thursday night before PAX gets going, and I won't be able to make it there that early.

Hope that others know of this if anyone else is interested.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/24/play-borderlands-2-at-the-joystiq-2k-games-and-amazon-pax-prime/

Second to Halo 4 is Destiny. I CAN WISH!

YOU HAWS PLS.

You are probably right. I should re-read it

Yes, and reiterated the 2013 time frame again later.

My job is trying to kill me.

Yeah I thought so.

There was actually a question about it in the latest mail sack:

Will Bungie have anything to show off at PAX?
I just got some new socks that I’m gonna wear. Ask me nicely, and I’ll hike up my pant leg (I’ll let you choose which one) and have a look.

There will be a number of Bungie people at PAX. It is, after all, in our own back yard. We’ll be there as fans, just like you.

HOT DAMN the GTA V screens from this week!

Bungie attending purely as fans? Halo 4 tourney: AHHH SHIII

Bracket A (343 vs Bungie)

Bracket B (HaloGAF/HBO vs Waypoint/Bungie.net)

Final (Winner of bracket A vs winner of bracket B)

Computron

Halo Reach with INSANE motion blur added. 00:10 to 00:16 looks cool.

It's got some artifacts as it is done in post and on top of the already present in-game motion blur, but damn that looks smooth as butter.
Great stuff for monatges and clips.

Also, here is Halo PC with a super wide FOV and a ton of cool (Although not perfect) post process effect added.
The motion blur isn't the best, but it sure is smooth inside the sillhouettes.
This will fuck with your mind.

I also found a post filter that applies essentially a version of MLAA to videos or pictures.
I wonder what it would look like with Halo 3, as I have been playing that recently and noticing those super large pixels aliasing sticking out like a sore thumb.

I kinda wish I had a capture card. Speaking of which, can someone with HDMI capture take a screenshot of Reach's object motion blur please?
I am curious to see a still frame, not taken in theatre, where there are just object's moving really fast.
I can't really find any pictures on the web except for this pic from the beta showing off full-screen motion blur:

goodmotion1.jpg.jpg

I wish theater mode would have the option to do something like Source film maker and process the screenshots a little longer to add more samples for things like true motion blur and AA or at least not compress the crap out of local copies of your own screenshots.

Neversoft making Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4. HALO jumps, Drone Surveillance, Level set Under Ice. Cloaking Tech. Dominator UAV.

Eh. I'm infinity more interested in the MW series than any other Call of Duties.

Woorloog

Banned

Dear lord, i can't stand that motion blur. Makes me feel sick, urgh. I can stand very light motion blur.

I remember when i played Halo PC, i always kept this FOV/third person enabler running and set FOV to... 90 degrees? Don't remember but considerably more than PC default, which is oddly far lower than the Xbox version's FOV.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
OMGPMCHECKCHECKPMSOMG

Isn't there a PM indicator when you get a PM? Why do people keep telling people to check PMs?

Is it broken or something?

Sorry, this has been bothering me for like 8 million OTs and "check your PMs"

In before "check your PMs."

Woorloog

Banned
OMGPMCHECKCHECKPMSOMG

Isn't there a PM indicator when you get a PM? Why do people keep telling people to check PMs?

My thoughts exactly. I've never missed a PM, can't imagine how that could happen.
Well maybe with alternative styles for NeoGAF but while using the default one...

OMGPMCHECKCHECKPMSOMG

Yeah, I've never understood it either. It's the first thing I notice since the text becomes orange.

Maybe it's for people who may not notice it because they're on the mobile site, because that's happened to me before.

DeadNames

Banned
Neversoft making Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4. HALO jumps, Drone Surveillance, Level set Under Ice. Cloaking Tech. Dominator UAV.

Eh. I'm infinity more interested in the MW series than any other Call of Duties.

Can I get a source on this? I find it funny how BO2 isn't even out and another CoD is in the making.

inb4MW4 IS GONNA BE THE BEST GAME EVAR!

Nice. Cool stuff. Wonder if Halo PC modders will make their own "Anniversary" campaign.

If you mean Anniversary as in retexturing etc, I think they did. I remember seeing a video of them demoing Truth and Reconciliation.

Can I get a source on this? I find it funny how BO2 isn't even out and another CoD is in the making.

inb4MW4 IS GONNA BE THE BEST GAME EVAR!

Source is only a rumour posted at Se7enSins but it make sense. Neversoft are attached to the Franchisee thats been known awhile now and IW are busy making "The Next CoD Engine".

Its very likely only in early development stages at this point but these things get churned out on a yearly basis it makes sense that start now. 16 month is short for a game development procedure.

Nice. Cool stuff. Wonder if Halo PC modders will make their own "Anniversary" campaign.

CMT are, Its a long process but its getting done. You can download a play T&R now but the rest of the campaign is "done when its done". The team has splintered with the majority now working on a Re-envisioning of Silent Cartographer and 3 people remaining on the SPv3 side of things.

Truth & Reconciliation Video

Great work honestly, I don't like some of the design choices (mainly the adjustments to some weapons) but its still very admirable.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I've never understood it either. It's the first thing I notice since the text becomes orange.

Maybe it's for people who may not notice it because they're on the mobile site, because that's happened to me before.
Yeah, and some people (like Stinkles, I imagine) get a lot of PMs, and so they might not notice yours specifically.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah, and some people (like Stinkles, I imagine) get a lot of PMs, and so it can help to mention that you sent a PM in the thread to make sure they see it.
I PMed Frank about my game breaking Needle Rifle glitch, and he never responded. :(

Not a big deal though, I understand he's busy.

Top Bottom