• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Woorloog

Banned
A map that I think would work with the new additions is Terminal.

With moving train, of course?

Hmm... Terminal with Forerunner aesthetics (but not just gray and gray like Forge World). With Forerunner train.

Always liked that map, interesting, varied. Good for both infantry and vehicles.

With moving train, of course?

Hmm... Terminal with Forerunner aesthetics (but not just gray and gray like Forge World). With Forerunner train.

Always liked that map, interesting, varied. Good for both infantry and vehicles.

After forge world I never want to play another Forerunner map ever again.

A map that I think would work with the new additions is Terminal.

I'd love for a terminal remake. BTB assault on terminal was kick ass. I also really miss most of the Halo 2 maps and would love an HD turf (no re imagination just updated graphics) but im not sure it would work very well.

Looking back a lot of BTB maps would probably work pretty well in Halo 4 with only slight alterations, but after thinking about it for a bit I think Waterworks would probably work the best.

I'd love for a terminal remake. BTB assault on terminal was kick ass. I also really miss most of the Halo 2 maps and would love an HD turf (no re imagination just updated graphics) but im not sure it would work very well.
Terminal would be awesome, but I think because of all the tight corridors and such it would need some tweaking.

Been doing some research and noticed that 343GS has stated MC's Mk V & VI are only Class 2 when compared to Forerunner Armor Skins. Ive been wondering as to how the Mk VI varient [?] in Halo 4 is comparable to Promethean Armor.

Been doing some research and noticed that 343GS has stated MC's Mk V & VI are only Class 2 when compared to Forerunner Armor Skins. Ive been wondering as to how the Mk VI varient [?] in Halo 4 is comparable to Promethean Armor.

Class 3 or 4, most likely.

Assuming they are enough of an improvement to even move up the list at all.

Blissful

Neo Member
Argh, come on 343, lets hear some info about a competitive playlist and ranking system for Halo 4. Black Ops 2 already confirmed all that and I didn't even expect to hear that from the most casual FPS game in history.

Still hoping for Valhalla, also really want to see MOAR ARMOR! #obsessed

On crappier news, I'm really worried about getting out of here early Tuesday for Seattle with the oncoming hurricane (I'm in Tampa). =/

heckfu

Banned
Still hoping for Valhalla, also really want to see MOAR ARMOR! #obsessed

On crappier news, I'm really worried about getting out of here early Tuesday for Seattle with the oncoming hurricane (I'm in Tampa). =/
I'd have hope if I were you. It's supposed to make landfall in Alabama on Tuesday so by then you should just be having residual rain, no?

Argh, come on 343, lets hear some info about a competitive playlist and ranking system for Halo 4. Black Ops 2 already confirmed all that and I didn't even expect to hear that from the most casual FPS game in history.

Didn't Black Ops just add the skill matching we've had for years?

I'd have hope if I were you. It's supposed to make landfall in Alabama on Tuesday so by then you should just be having residual rain, no?

Hoping that's the worst of it. I have a layover in Charlotte that's only about 45 min, which worries me if there are any delays. Fortunately at 5am, there shouldn't be too many flights ahead of us.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Little known fact, the two switches (in Halo Reach) are referred to in script as AJmode. A reference to Ascendant Justice for skybox luv.

From DMiller.

So awesome.

Blissful

Neo Member
not this again plz

Sorry but I don't want another Halo Reach in November 6th. I want to be able to enjoy playing competitive Halo multiplayer until the next Halo. I am sick of waiting for the developers to reocognize the importance of a skill-based ranking system.

Didn't Black Ops just add the skill matching we've had for years?

Yeah, but we no longer have it, and it just pisses me off that there has been no solid reason as to why.

Its like 4 in the morning and i got really confused who dan miller was and for a second i thought he was a 343i dev. God my brain is all over with all the stuff happening lately.

Sorry but I don't want another Halo Reach in November 6th. I want to be able to enjoy playing competitive Halo multiplayer until the next Halo. I am sick of waiting for the developers to reocognize the importance of a skill-based ranking system.

Yeah, but we no longer have it, and it just pisses me off that there has been no solid reason as to why.

Halo never got rid of true skill, it's just hidden now.

Karl2177

Fuck. Armor lock.

So I'm going through Winter Contingency, like I always do for campaign challenges, and I get to the section where Kat has to close the door. I'm chillin' in the back avoiding death because Iron is on. Jorge suddenly Armor Locks and in comes this green blob. It bounces off his AL and blasts right into me. I die. I've never rage quit and thrown in a not-shit game faster.

Blissful

Neo Member
Halo never got rid of true skill, it's just hidden now.

Do you actually believe Halo Reach has a hidden trueskill? You clearly havn't played enough to figure out that it doesn't...

I played 5000+ Team double games and still get matched up with players with 20 games with a negative KD and have more losses than wins. I am insulted that the "hidden Trueskill" matched me up with players like that

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Uh, it's there. If it's still trueskill in Halo 4 then having a skill level is part of the matchmaking formula, you get matched with people similar in skill. To even have matchmaking you need to have some sort of skill denotation. I'm pretty sure it was there in Halo Reach as well, it got to the point once that I could only get matched up with like 2 other teams in the regular MLG list.

Arena was just a different weird system that just gave you ranks for wins or something, at first it tried to get individual merit but that went away quick IIRC.

What you're whining about is being able to see the stupid little rank number next to your name again, that just encourages cheating and win-trading. I hope it never comes back. Unnecessary.

Do you actually believe Halo Reach has a hidden trueskill? You clearly havn't played enough to figure out that it doesn't...

I played 5000+ Team double games and still get matched up with players with 20 games with a negative KD and have more losses than wins. I am insulted that the "hidden Trueskill" matched me up with players like that
Yeah you don't even know what you're babbling about. Carry on.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I laughed harder than I should have at this. Well done.

Anyone still playing Halo 3 or Reach? I'd be up for joining in if there is a spot.

Fuck. Armor lock.

So I'm going through Winter Contingency, like I always do for campaign challenges, and I get to the section where Kat has to close the door. I'm chillin' in the back avoiding death because Iron is on. Jorge suddenly Armor Locks and in comes this green blob. It bounces off his AL and blasts right into me. I die. I've never rage quit and thrown in a not-shit game faster.

I guess I'm in a laughing mood tonight. GG guys. GG.

Computron

Little known fact, the two switches (in Halo Reach) are referred to in script as AJmode. A reference to Ascendant Justice for skybox luv.

From DMiller.

So awesome.

What?

Guys. MTW posted some screens of an unnamed vehicle (Promethean, looks chopper-ish) and a new map on his twitter!

Looks like it's down though, I'd give it a few minutes.

Dun wory, jus keep cheking, it wil lode.

SGLmN.gif

You know.. I used to think you were Kevin Franklin back when I was lurking lol - Something you said one time used "we" when talking about 343, so I just associated that Charmander with him.

I work for 314 Industries.

SuperMTW's buddy on twitter though you where Frankie, and was calling him out after something you said to him, lol. Guy sounded pissed.

Ramirez

So, Primordium. A bit of Cryptum in here as well.

Primordium is possibly the most boring thing I've ever read. For all of the complaints Cryptum had about it being slow, I feel the 2nd is a 1000 times worse. I'm like 220 pages in and I basically force myself to read a chapter every few days, bleh.

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

True Skill is inherently broken.

You can forget about exploring Humanity in any meaningful way in any future Halo media, books, games or otherwise.

There's a stupidly rich tapestry of human political history and development that has been outright ignored for years now.

Halo just won't go there. It's easier to sell stories about the good guy humans killing the evil aliens. OK, so I'm being a tad bit salty. Glasslands was a step in the right direction but something tells me Humanity will be one big happy family come Halo 4.
There's certainly a section of this part of the Halo lore that should be explored. Humanity was on the brink of interstellar war before the Covenant showed up, so what's going to happen to that now? What is the relationship between Earth and her colonies? Have some threatened independence thinking Earth won't have the political will to stop them? Are the only colonies left those close enough to Earth to not want to secede? Has twenty-five years of war united humanity in a way that pushes the whole issue only to those who could remember a time before the war?
So, Primordium. A bit of Cryptum in here as well.

I wish Primordium continued the narrative of Cryptum; something great happens at the end of that book and then this one ignores it completely. Not sure if I'll go on with book #3. There's a great story in there, but Bear for some reason don't want to actually tell it.
I really hope Silentium is more like Cryptum in pacing than Primordium (no more hundreds of pages of nothing), and that the characters therein will be a part of a story, rather than passive observers.

Havok

Primordium is possibly the most boring thing I've ever read. For all of the complaints Cryptum had about it being slow, I feel the 2nd is a 1000 times worse. I'm like 220 pages in and I basically force myself to read a chapter every few days, bleh.
It gets super weird at the end! That part is worth seeing even if the leadup is some of the most slowly paced storytelling I've ever read in a modern novel.

Primordium makes War and Peace seem action-packed.

Top Bottom