• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Noricart

Can someone provide a reason why you guys play Reach over 3? Reach is just so frustratingly bad.
edit: Wow this is the slowest the thread has been in a while. I like it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I keep listening to this Alvin Risk Halo 4 song. I need that shit now! I think every Weekly Montage I do from here on out will use the same song.

Actually that could be pretty interesting. Use the same song but try to each video as different as possible.

I keep listening to this Alvin Risk Halo 4 song. I need that shit now! I think every Weekly Montage I do from here on out will use the same song.

Actually that could be pretty interesting. Use the same song but try to each video as different as possible.

I know, it's really growing on me. Did you notice that he samples the "Killing Spree!" announcement?

also, I just checked the post count for this thread. are you serious?

TheOddOne

I think I have found your new favorite track: here (skip to 32 minutes).

How could you possibly like the most useless gun in the game, the Focus Rifle? How?
Because it's a great and unique weapon in the sandbox, it was just nerfed to shit by Bungie because they hate good and fun weapons. Functionality wise, it's a great weapon for the sandbox as opposed to just having a duplicate sniper.
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that we'll get 15 new weapons. The weapons we know of are:
-Storm rifle
-Sticky detonator
-Saw
-Light rifle
-Scattershot
-Railgun
-Boltshot

And then there are still 2 forerunner weapons that haven't been announced yet but I think it's a safe bet to say those will be a sniper and an AR like weapon. Returning Covenant weapons are:
-Carbine
-Plasma pistol
-Fuel rod gun
-Beam rifle
-Needler

As for the vehicles, I think it was confirmed that there'll only be 2 new vehicles. One probably being the mech and the other may be the elephant like vehicle though I'm not sure that counts as a new one.

As someone pointed out, Suppressor for new weapons. You also forgot the sword as a returning Covy weapon.

Tashi

I know, it's really growing on me. Did you notice that he samples the "Killing Spree!" announcement?

also, I just checked the post count for this thread. are you serious?

Oh for real? In the live performance *goes back to video*

edit: OMG I just heard it :lol amazing!

edit2: :lol I think it's so fuckin cool that thousands of people are just partying their ass off to Halo 4 music and they don't even know it hahahah

I think I have found your new favorite track: here (skip to 32 minutes).

:lol that was awesome.

Akai__

You are using the Intensity Pro, right? Do you capture with HDMI cables?

I have trouble using the HDMI setup. Don't get a signal at all. Breakout cable works perfectly.

I heared the Xbox 360 Slim is HDCP protected and that's why it won't work. Is that true?

If somebody else, besides Tashi, uses the BMIP and is willing to help, I would appreciate it. :)

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that we'll get 15 new weapons. The weapons we know of are:
-Storm rifle
-Sticky detonator
-Saw
-Light rifle
-Scattershot
-Railgun
-Boltshot

And then there are still 2 forerunner weapons that haven't been announced yet but I think it's a safe bet to say those will be a sniper and an AR like weapon. Returning Covenant weapons are:
-Carbine
-Plasma pistol
-Fuel rod gun
-Beam rifle
-Needler

As for the vehicles, I think it was confirmed that there'll only be 2 new vehicles. One probably being the mech and the other may be the elephant like vehicle though I'm not sure that counts as a new one.
The Elephant is called Mammoth and so it will be a new vehicle. But we do not know if the 2 new Vehicle are meant to be playable. I still hope for a War Sphinx appearance.

I have trouble using the HDMI setup. Don't get a signal at all. Breakout cable works perfectly.

I heared the Xbox 360 Slim is HDCP protected and that's why it won't work. Is that true?

If somebody else, besides Tashi, uses the BMIP and is willing to help, I would appreciate it. :)

I use the BMI shuttle. No problems with my slim.

One of my proffesors wore these. Looked really wierd being in a shirt and tie with these on.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9yAAZA3iWgo/TiM_6uAMY4I/AAAAAAAAAPQ/g_Id7yRYiwQ/s1600/toe+shoes.jpg[img]

And to make this post Halo relevant... How the hell do spartans walk in those boots. Seems like ski boots.[/QUOTE]

I have some vibrams. They smell awful.

/Halo

crazybydefault

Neo Member

As far as I know, it depends on the content you're trying to display. For instance, I know Zune requires HDCP, but I believe most games don't.

I don't deal with capturing gameplay or anything like that, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

Tashi

Oh me? Yea I use the pro. I capture with HDMI in and out, yea.

It was a pain to get it working perfectly to be honest. I had a lot of black screens in the capture program and streaming programs but I was able to pass signal to my monitor. I don't have a splitter so I need a program running that uses the card to get picture on my monitor. My setup is a little unique though because I have the Astro Mixamp set up with Optical audio. The optical audio plug is on the VGA cable which I have running simultaneously with HDMI. And then I have the RCA audio cables putting separate sound to my PC. My setup is so fuckin weird. But it works and I love it lol.

I wish I could be more of help but I really don't remember how I eventually got it to work. Also, check the resolution on your Xbox. Make it's like 720p or something because I think that's the only signal the Card will receive from your Xbox. Anything 1080p I've put out has been upscaled after the capture.

Oh for real? In the live performance *goes back to video*

edit: OMG I just heard it :lol amazing!

edit2: :lol I think it's so fuckin cool that thousands of people are just partying their ass off to Halo 4 music and they don't even know it hahahah

yeah, I thought about that too. Kinda silly in a way.

Akai__

I use the BMI shuttle. No problems with my slim.

I tried every setting. I even got a Bluescreen. It's not a big problem, I can still capture with the Breakout Cable, but I would save some space. :p

As far as I know, it depends on the content you're trying to display. For instance, I know Zune requires HDCP, but I believe most games don't.

I don't deal with capturing gameplay or anything like that, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

Ah, I see. It makes sense to protect movies. If they weren't, you could easily rent a movie and capture it. Smart move Microsoft.

Edit:

Oh me? Yea I use the pro. I capture with HDMI in and out, yea.

It was a pain to get it working perfectly to be honest. I had a lot of black screens in the capture program and streaming programs but I was able to pass signal to my monitor. I don't have a splitter so I need a program running that uses the card to get picture on my monitor. My setup is a little unique though because I have the Astro Mixamp set up with Optical audio. The optical audio plug is on the VGA cable which I have running simultaneously with HDMI. And then I have the RCA audio cables putting separate sound to my PC. My setup is so fuckin weird. But it works and I love it lol.

I wish I could be more of help but I really don't remember how I eventually got it to work. Also, check the resolution on your Xbox. Make it's like 720p or something because I think that's the only signal the Card will receive from your Xbox. Anything 1080p I've put out has been upscaled after the capture.

Yeah, pretty weird setup.

And for the part with the resolution, I checked that, too. I tried everything (well obviously not, because it would work by now), still blackscreen.

Slaker117

Thanks for the games, they were fun. Apologies for my muteness; my headset is old and kinda fucked. Also, I fucking suck at Reach after not playing for almost a month.

You really notice how shitty Halo CE's movement and jumping were. Goddamn feels like I get stuck on everything.
Better than Reach. Like other says, strifing was okay, jumping too.

But I love how the Chief slides over the area. haha.

I was talking with Heckfu about this a little earlier, but what are some of you guys actually doing for PAX? Staying on the show floor, or going to see panels? Obviously I'm gonna go to the Halo panel, but there were also a couple of other panels I wanted to go to (ACIII, LBGTQ in gaming, trans issues in gaming, and getting into the industry), but I'm not sure how that will fit into my schedule of hanging out with you folks.

Also, what are you guys doing in the evenings? I wish I could go for a long longer, because even half a week doesn't feel like a long enough time to actually hang out with y'all AND sightsee.

edit: day9 jal;ksfjak;lsjfasf
I wanted to answer it earlier but I forgot. I am definitely going to be at the show floor the whole time. Or to be specific: Stand in line for Halo 4, play Halo 4, repeat. I hope some Gaffers will join me on this task. The AC3 panel sounds interesting but I have no real interest for standing in line for it. So I am going to skip it. :) One thing I want to do is to go to the Astro Booth and buy myself A40 or A50 for a cheap price. :)

Nights? I am not 21. I definitely cannot partying with you guys. I guess I am going to stick with rukizzel, Das Kalk etc. :)

Tashi

Croatia have you tried all the capture card settinga too? I can really only get picture when its at 720p at 59.94 or whatever FPS. I don't know, it just won't play nice with other settings. You could always try re installing the drivers too. I'm sure I did that a bunch.

Good luck!

Akai__

Croatia have you tried all the capture card settinga too? I can really only get picture when its at 720p at 59.94 or whatever FPS. I don't know, it just won't play nice with other settings. You could always try re installing the drivers too. I'm sure I did that a bunch.

Good luck!

Yep, that's really the only setting, which would most likely work. It works fine with the Breakout cable, but not with the HDMI cables.

However, thanks for helping, I will try some things later this day. I have to sleep now, didn't sleep for 25 hours now.

Edit:
USB 3.0 issue? USB 3.0 is a huge mess in terms of drivers and support.

If you are reffering to me, then you missunderstood me. I'm using the Intensity Pro PCIe Card. :)

Ryaaan14

Banned
I wonder if carrying a turret using Pathfinder is the same speed as not carrying one. I think it would probably have to, to balance against everything else.

Tawpgun

Strafing is fine but the jumping is godawful. Feels like you slip over everything.

And lol @ Tunavi. Regardless of Enfinit was joking or not, that was perfect.

Woorloog

Banned
I wonder if carrying a turret using Pathfinder is the same speed as not carrying one. I think it would probably have to, to balance against everything else.

No speed reduction at all while carrying a turret with Pathfinder? That would be nice.
I don't mind not being able to use melee or 'nades (happened with dual wielding as well), inability to use armor abilities isn't a big deal as it automatically drops the turret (at least it does in Reach. Does it?). But that speed penalty? That sucks.
Hopefully Pathfinder does reduce it considerably at very least... Also, need more turrets, more maps should have them.

Can someone provide a reason why you guys play Reach over 3? Reach is just so frustratingly bad.
edit: Wow this is the slowest the thread has been in a while. I like it.

Everyone should just play Halo 3. Except for like 3 kills in customs earlier I havent touched Reached in ages, feels good man.

Sorry I bailed on customs btw, something came up.

JackHerer

No speed reduction at all while carrying a turret with Pathfinder? That would be nice.
I don't mind not being able to use melee or 'nades (happened with dual wielding as well), inability to use armor abilities isn't a big deal as it automatically drops the turret (at least it does in Reach. Does it?). But that speed penalty? That sucks.
Hopefully Pathfinder does reduce it considerably at very least... Also, need more turrets, more maps should have them.
This is one perk that I actually like the idea of, although I'm not sure I'll actually use it.

Making the turret a viable weapon sounds kinda cool and it's balanced by the fact that the perk takes up a loadout spot that could otherwise be used for something else, so there's a trade off.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
orbital

It is one of the best Objective Maps in Halo 3, period. Your sarcasm is unnecessary. Orbital actually is a good map and if you don't like grenade spamming, don't play online games. Many gamers spam grenades.

I do occasionally spam some grenades as it gets the kills. Sort of like how MLG "Pro" players use the Halo 3 noob combo all the time. One throw of the frag and some BR headshots make for some pretty cheap kills. But so what? You are getting kills and if that's what matters to you, then go for it.

Orbital is an excellent map. It shares the top objective spots with very few specific Sandbox Map Variants, Longshore, Avalanche, Standoff, Sandtrap, and Valhalla.

i love the strategy on orbital. unlike most maps, where you have to look around to find people, on orbital, the teams can strategically pre aim down the hallway and hold forward.

and you can flank by spending 60 seconds taking the lower hallway. even if they see your red dot walking around the lower hall on their radar they never guess what you are up to or where you will pop out from.

if orbital had some shield doors like epitaph and snowbound...omgfapfapfap.

Orbital is a great map and it supports many gametypes.
It's too bad you don't like it or know how to block the other team from spawning behind you. And while I don't think Bungie will use your sarcasm and remake Orbital, the Jetpack would actually be awesome to boost up from bottom rockets to top rockets.

I have played many fun games of Objective games on Orbital and never cared who won or lost as it was always fun. Hell, I killed a guy by throwing a Power Drain at him as he shot his rocket. The blast radius was too close to him and killed him, preventing any shield damage to me and his teammate. But the Power Drain had shaved off a fraction of the surviving player's health. It was actually pretty cool. Then there was the time I faced a team of trash-talking girl gamers.

Woorloog

Banned

Rather weak Team Slayer and FFA Slayer map.

Guess it is okay for Objective but never got to play on it with a proper team.
Never liked how you're commited to upper or lower route once you start with it... sure, you can jump down but that awful fence...
Still need Double Kill from Grave achievement on that map, i think.

EDIT also, that skybox... looking down from the window... so good.

EDIT there ain't many maps in Reach i'd take over Orbital though. Powerhouse, Tempest, maybe some others... (but can't remember their names or descriptions or anything, that's Reach, so forgettable) though neither is similar to Orbital.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Yep. Also, not sure how sold I am over the fact that all it does it reduce your cooldown time on vehicles. 2x zoom or increased ROF sounds better, but could be leaning towards OP.

Edit: Especially because someone who spends a good amount of time gunning vehicles isn't the type of person who worries about overheating. Timing your shots and not just spamming fire constantly is key.

Woorloog

Banned
Yep. Also, not sure how sold I am over the fact that all it does it reduce your cooldown time on vehicles. 2x zoom or increased ROF sounds better, but could be leaning towards OP.

If overheating happens faster than in Reach, definetly sounds useful. Hell, even if overheating is not any faster than Reach, i certainly find the Pathfinder bonus useful, if i'm playing with my friend - who is a good driver - i usually shoot extremly long because his driving allows that (and the Warthog gun in Reach is awfully weak vs vehicles), usually we retreat only if we're taking damage or the gun overheats.

Tawpgun

orbital

It is one of the best Objective Maps in Halo 3, period. Your sarcasm is unnecessary. Orbital actually is a good map and if you don't like grenade spamming, don't play online games. Many gamers spam grenades.

I do occasionally spam some grenades as it gets the kills. Sort of like how MLG "Pro" players use the Halo 3 noob combo all the time. One throw of the frag and some BR headshots make for some pretty cheap kills. But so what? You are getting kills and if that's what matters to you, then go for it.

Orbital is an excellent map. It shares the top objective spots with very few specific Sandbox Map Variants, Longshore, Avalanche, Standoff, Sandtrap, and Valhalla.

i love the strategy on orbital. unlike most maps, where you have to look around to find people, on orbital, the teams can strategically pre aim down the hallway and hold forward.

and you can flank by spending 60 seconds taking the lower hallway. even if they see your red dot walking around the lower hall on their radar they never guess what you are up to or where you will pop out from.

It's too bad you don't like it or know how to block the other team from spawning behind you. And while I don't think Bungie will use your sarcasm and remake Orbital, the Jetpack would actually be awesome to boost up from bottom rockets to top rockets.

I have played many fun games of Objective games on Orbital and never cared who won or lost as it was always fun. Hell, I killed a guy by throwing a Power Drain at him as he shot his rocket. The blast radius was too close to him and killed him, preventing any shield damage to me and his teammate. But the Power Drain had shaved off a fraction of the surviving player's health. It was actually pretty cool. Then there was the time I faced a team of trash-talking girl gamers.

Go back to waypoint scrub

I wanted to answer it earlier but I forgot. I am definitely going to be at the show floor the whole time. Or to be specific: Stand in line for Halo 4, play Halo 4, repeat. I hope some Gaffers will join me on this task. The AC3 panel sounds interesting but I have no real interest for standing in line for it. So I am going to skip it. :) One thing I want to do is to go to the Astro Booth and buy myself A40 or A50 for a cheap price. :)

Nights? I am not 21. I definitely cannot partying with you guys. I guess I am going to stick with rukizzel, Das Kalk etc. :)

I'll be there with a three of my friends, two of which are over 21, but myself and another friend are 20, sadly. Such a weird transition being used to going to bars for almost three years here in Canada, to not be allowed to in Seattle. :(

That said, I'll certainly try to get in as much Halo 4 as possible. Going to check out the indie booth, too, as well as a few of the panels. In the evening the free play/board game area is actually a lot of fun, we met a lot of cool people there last year playing munchkin, and a couple other more obscure board games.

orbital

Haha, that was great. I ALWAYS hated how long 'flanking' would take on that map. Awful map design all round.

Bolts added, painting almost done. Next I have to figure out a visor and add blue LEDs.

PFV6S.jpg

Top Bottom