• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Ireland is the size of Ohio! I say this to Americans to give them some sense of how tiny it is.

My girlfriend called off a road trip from Raleigh to New Orleans after she saw how well I handled the 'long' drive halfway across NC.

Top Tip: Dallas Forth Worth Airport is about as close to Dallas as Cuba is to Louisiana.
Hey Frankie, any hint at what you're going to be bringing to London for the Eurogamer Expo next month? Surprises, I hope!

I mean, it's your homecountry. (Unless you're one of those Scots who gets offended when people suggest that the UK is a country, in which case I half-heartedly apologize.) Either way, we're clearly more deserving than those lousy Seattelites (?) at PAX!

They got Halofest, anyway, you spoil them.

Ireland is the size of Ohio! I say this to Americans to give them some sense of how tiny it is.

My girlfriend called off a road trip from Raleigh to New Orleans after she saw how well I handled the 'long' drive halfway across NC.

Yeah, it constantly amazes me how small this place is. No excuses for 343 to not go here!

B wzy

Neo Member
Looking forward to more details regarding the MLG tournament. Will be interesting to see if they go the classic/harcore route or keep it vanilla.

HALO 4 MLG ANNOUNCEMENT YEEEEEEEAAAAAA

WxwzX.gif

MTXzH.gif

d7TBk.gif

feel

Should be interesting seeing the contrast in them playing "clumsily" without much practice in (most likely) shitty vanilla rules before release and then eventually on their stripped down competitive rules after thousands of hours of practice.

Blissful

Neo Member
Should be interesting seeing the contrast in them playing "clumsily" without much practice in (most likely) shitty vanilla rules before release and then eventually on their stripped down competitive rules after thousands of hours of practice.

All they really need to take out are the AAs and Specializations.

FyreWulff

Also, for the record: Burger King sucks as much in Canada as it does in the US now. Holy shit, those new fries are so bad that it actually cancelled out the burger's taste.

At least I got to see Angry Poutine.

b6WVE.jpg

Pop

Looks like I'm going to MLG Dallas this year. Thank god I only live an hour away.

I wondering if us fans will be able to play a match or two. Hmm

Irish HaloGAF MLG team setting up kickstarter pronto.
Drunken mockumentary for sponsors.

$1000 donation gets a night with Elzar.
$2000 donation gets a picture of Xand.

Also, for the record: Burger King sucks as much in Canada as it does in the US now. Holy shit, those new fries are so bad that it actually cancelled out the burger's taste.

b6WVE.jpg

For the record burger king chips also suck in the UK! Burger itself is usually good though!

When is Pax opening doors to let players try the game out? I cant wait to see what's in the new build, I wonder how much of the sandbox will be playable.

Arnie

Every UK/European person I've talked to that finally went to the States at some point all say the same thing.. you don't get how continental the US is until you've driven it.

wqiWY.png

That's with Nebraska aligned so it's biggest city is on top of London.
I'd love to drive across it at some point.
Well we also have pretty awful means of public transportation, its either car, bus or plane. No railways at all in most of the country.
That's astonishing to me, the rail network in England is pretty brilliant, definitely my main form of transport.
I hope you never have to go to Wales. Ever.
I've been. It's shit. I won't be going again (willingly).

In other news, with the announcement of Halo 4 at MLG, does that signal the death of CGL?

Fuck man, I kickstarted that bitch and everything. It was by gamers, for gamers. And I wanted some sweet gaming gloves.

lilty

While I'm very very excited to see Halo back on the MLG circuit, I hope that the smaller leagues (particularly) AGL keep having tournaments and pro support. I don't want the same thing to happen again if MLG decides to drop H4.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So excited about Dallas. It's going to be a blast to watch with the game releasing just a few days later.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
Looks like I'm going to MLG Dallas this year. Thank god I only live an hour away.

I wondering if us fans will be able to play a match or two. Hmm

Clap tweeted that they don't know if spectators will be able to play Halo 4 there as the competition will take presidence.

He said the only way to guareentee playtime is to compete.

Link

Your post inspired me to do the same. $299 round trip is the cheapest I could find. Totally not worth it with the game releasing a couple days later.

But Sundance said free bags of money!

https://twitter.com/MLGSundance/status/240831312800382976

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

They can coordinate with other MLG pros and players who will have had, by that point a TON of experience and either choose our default rules or their own.

Is Angry the new buzz word that places are using now? Seems a tad excessive.

Also I am saddened that you're eating anywhere that isn't Chipotle.

edit: oh my, this is Angry Poutine?... I don't even...

Hdzjol.jpg

Vire

Has 343 planned out another season of Spartan Ops past the first? Or are you guys waiting to see how it's received?

Wondering if I should save my J Allard Space Bucks for later or get some other DLC...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Has 343 planned out another season of Spartan Ops past the first? Or are you guys waiting to see how it's received?

Wondering if I should save my J Allard Space Bucks for later or get some other DLC...

It's a safe bet that they will produce at least 2 seasons of content.

GhaleonEB

They've said they waiting to see the reaction. I imagine they have contingency plans, but nothing made public as yet. Given the investment in the initial season and the delivery method, I'd be surprised if there is no season 2.

Vire

They've said they waiting to see the reaction. I imagine they have contingency plans, but nothing made public as yet. Given the investment in the initial season and the delivery method, I'd be surprised if there is no season 2.

Yeah I would actually be kinda surprised if they didn't, since nearly every press release refers to the existing Spartan Ops as "Season 1".

It'll be interesting to see how much it costs. Maybe the second season wouldn't be as long so it would be a bit more reasonable to produce?

Top Bottom