• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Just looking at Ragnarok Flames' avatar - it's a Halo 4 achievement, right?

image.php

It looks like a Marathon logo that bloomed. I wonder if that's intentional.

Havok

You're welcome to leave instead of commenting on how dull you find the conversation constantly, daedalius.

Oscillating back and forth from "wow thread on repeat lol didnt read" and "have i missed anything?!" is getting seriously old.
Yea, asking what has been happening is a terrible thing to do when there are pages upon pages of nothing constantly.

Fuck off.
Except that there's been several big, good discussions even within the last ten or twenty pages. If you can't be bothered to actually read them, why should anyone else have to read constant complaints about the quality of the thread not being up to your sogood.gif standard?

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
I admit I don't hang around here a whole lot, but what happened to a zoojoo, he was a junior around the same time I started to post? This thread moves very fast when news drops but other than that gets a little stagnant.

The mood seems to be less excitement caused by so many unanswered questions, this community is not used to that, Bungie kept the community well informed. We have been spoiled.

Anyone looking forward to Destiny next year? Just sayin

daedalius

Oscillating back and forth from "wow thread on repeat lol didnt read" and "have i missed anything?!" is getting seriously old.

Yea, asking what has been happening is a terrible thing to do when there are pages upon pages of nothing constantly.

Fuck off.

Conor 419

Banned
Afraid? I think you are the prime example of bottom of the barrel youtube ignorant commentator. Time and time people have called you on your shit and time and time you just brush it off like you won the argument, all the while everybody knows you ran for the hills the moment you were confronted with your ignorance.

Even your goddamn tone with this post shows the level of maturity you have. Going to snitch because you got called out? Disgraceful. Utterly disgraceful.

I'm more than happy to debate with anyone, I will again remind you of how our ODST debate turned out. What I will not do is have somebody persistently take an aggressive stance due to some pathetic grudge being harboured. It's completely ironic that you'd call my mentality immature when you resort to the generation of invisible mobs and false accusations to try and scare me off (see bold). It is entirely appropriate that I'd take this to a mod, because your attitude is entirely unnecessary, if you really want a debate then act like a fucking adult when doing so.

Overdoziz

Banned
Daedalius, instead of making worthless posts complaining about other worthless posts (even though there's been enough decent discussion lately) how about you make a good post that starts discussion?

TheOddOne

I'm more than happy to debate with anyone, I will again remind you of how our ODST debate turned out. What I will not do is have somebody persistently take an aggressive stance due to some pathetic grudge being harboured. It's completely ironic that you'd call my mentality immature when you resort to the generation of invisible mobs and false accusations to try and scare me off (see bold). It is entirely appropriate that I'd take this to a mod, because your attitude is entirely unnecessary, if you really want a debate then act like a fucking adult when doing so.
You can't be this dense, can you? You deflected none of my points and you proved nothing. Grudge? You can't take people calling you out for spouting non-sense?

Furthermore, what ODST argument are you referring to?

Count me on Team OddOne anyway. I look forward to reliving how your argument about ODST was flawed. someone has the posts I'm sure ;)

^It wasn't in a Halo OT as far as I remember. Somthing about how it affected playerbase numbers.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think at this point I'm getting close to numb with these little gameplay clips and other tidbits of news. I'm not there yet, but I'm close. I just wanna play this damn game for myself.

TheOddOne

Count me on Team OddOne anyway. I look forward to reliving how your argument about ODST was flawed. someone has the posts I'm sure ;)

^It wasn't in a Halo OT as far as I remember. Somthing about how it affected playerbase numbers.
But wasn't the argument with you? I remember not even saying much in the matter.

Conor 419

Banned
You can't be this dense, can you? You deflected none of my points and you proved nothing.

Furthermore, what ODST argument are you referring to?

I wasn't setting out to prove anything, I simply posted my reasoning as to why I feel Halo 4 lacks the same creative spark the original Halo's have. If you read my post you will see I clarified my reasoning as to why this is.

Also being dead set on not being intrested on things you have no seen?

Please give me the benefit of the doubt that I am only referencing the things I have seen so far. Why would you assume otherwise? Honestly? Why would you assume otherwise? Do you actually think I was judging the overall game in that post? Why would I do that?

What!?

It wasn't in the slightest.

daedalius

Daedalius, instead of making worthless posts complaining about other worthless posts (even though there's been enough decent discussion lately) how about you make a good post that starts discussion?

I don't know if I'd agree, but sure.

How about : What changes/updates do you all think we will see in the new build at PAX? (since Frank has said it should be a later build) Think we will see all of the AAs (jetpack, camo, regen, etc)? Everything unlocked ala LAN play? Think there will be enough play-time allowed to get an idea of effective builds for some of the people that will repeatedly stand in line? Think people are afraid of Conor?

I hope the build is basically the final so we can really see how some of the weapon balance plays out, even though there probably won't be enough time to really get a good feel for it. Also maybe we will get that podcast about the weapon sandbox.

I hope the AAs are in, so we can finally see them, as well as see how they interact with the sandbox to a limited degree. I imagine everything will be unlocked for lan play. Regenerator will be OP.

I don't think anyone is afraid of Conor.

But wasn't the argument with you? I remember not even saying much in the matter.

You picking a fight with me now?

Why I oughta!!!

I think Stalker was there... so long ago at this point. Why'd he even bring it up? I certainly can't remember it without seeing the posts again :lol

S1kkZ

frankie, do you know anything about the german version of h4? is the english dub on the disc this time or do i have to import?

Absolutely awesome news about MLG. Really cannot wait to follow it before Halo 4 launches. That is some pretty sweet marketing and if there is a big enough drive to support for competitive Halo I'm sure it will work wonders for the initial sales.

Karl2177

I wasn't setting out to prove anything, I simply posted my reasoning as to why I feel Halo 4 lacks the same creative spark the original Halo's have. If you read my post you will see I clarified my reasoning as to why this is.

Your point was that Halo 4 lacks the creative spark that the original Halos have. You didn't provide any backing to that point. That is what OddOne is getting at, and I agree with him.

To counter your point I could bring up Shake Appeal's post earlier on the page. Halo 4 not only is developing the game, but is also developing a company. There are some things that we can wish for and things that we can want, but ultimately 343i has to develop the studio environment for how they want their games to be. We may not agree with what they are doing and how they are doing it, but it is a task that Bungie didn't have to go through with most of their Halo games.

You would be right above Conor 419, in the "weird HaloGAF idiots" tier

You should be honored. It's a highly reputable position!

I'm sorry, but calling out Striker, who has contributed to many gameplay discussions, is ridiculous. To refer to something Ramirez posted about zoojoo: "I have never read one of your posts and thought to myself 'That added a good point (or question) to the discussion'." Could you possibly contribute something?

This excites me a bit. Didn't MLG do something similar with Reach (although it had already been launched) for Dallas in 2010?

Fuck off.

If you want news, then stick to the gaming side threads or the HBO front page. You and Viewtiful complain about each other and turn it against other members.

If you're complaining about pages of nothing, then why don't you bring something to the table?

Here, how about this?: Talk about the change in environment and art style of the different parts of Assault on the Control Room.

Top Bottom