• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

DeadNames

Banned
btw if you guys get tired of watching that video with 2 second snapshots of weapons in Halo 4, Treyarch has over 5 hours of Blops 2 gameplay from Gamescom on their twitch channel available to watch whenever you want

http://www.twitch.tv/treyarch/videos

To be honest I'd rather watch 2 second snippets. Black Ops 2 seems tired and uninspired... The gameplay just doesn't really get me going. At least while watching Halo 4 videos, I can get a little bit hyped.

Fake suicides are not cool, I hate this community sometimes.

Maybe this is all related to everyone calling a zoojoo out.

zap

Is that SFW? lol

We have to endure plywood. Not to keep from salting people. But to protect a community bigger than ourselves. Not because it is a honor. Because it is what needs to be done. There has been many threads, all of them having their own Dark Guardians. But as we move into November, it will grow highly unstable. But we can handle it. Not because it is nessicary, but because it is what can be done. We must endure, not because it is needed, or even required, but there has always been the night before the dawn, the risk before the reward, the pain before the pleasure, we are not the posters that HaloGAF deserves, but the posters that they need. A proverbial shock absorber.

Remember as we travel forward unto dawn, remember those who protected this long night of solace.

Remember this requiem.

4u3cp.gif

feel

I tuned in, it wasn't too bad Tashi. Nothing embarrassing happened.

Is that SFW? lol

We have to endure plywood. Not to keep from salting people. But to protect a community bigger than ourselves. Not because it is a honor. Because it is what needs to be done. There has been many threads, all of them having their own Dark Guardians. But as we move into November, it will grow highly unstable. But we can handle it. Not because it is nessicary, but because it is what can be done. We must endure, not because it is needed, or even required, but there has always been the night before the dawn, the risk before the reward, the pain before the pleasure, we are not the posters that HaloGAF deserves, but the posters that they need. A proverbial shock absorber.

Remember as we travel forward unto dawn, remember those who protected this long night of solace.

Remember this requiem.
It's like you WANT us to hate you.

Noricart

Reeeeeeeeeeemaaaaaaaaaaaaatch

You have my condolences.

Edit:"They're soooo bad." lol.

If you've played one COD, you've played them all. That's 5 hours of video that could have been lifted from any of them, and it wouldn't have made a difference.
Wonder how competitve matches will ruin youtube community considering the only interesting stuff when you see a dude crap all over the other team. The Gamescom competitive matches looked boring as shit.

CyReN

Why blast CoD for not changing? If it keeps outselling the previous one I would do the same thing.

I would drop $100 for Halo CE MP on XBL with new maps right now no questions asked.

a zoojoo

Banned
Look guys, what i'm trying to say, is that i don't want the community to divide, and i'm willing to take whatever steam you people need to blow off for the good of the community. I love all you guys, even kylej, over, and fu. I've noticed this community has been growing unrestless and salty, and if it did ever divide itself it would make alot of people upset, and i know this is going to sound silly, but GAF means something to people. Its bigger than any of us and this is my example. <3 you all

a zoojoo, calm the posting down. Stop posting shit. Think before everything you post. Try and dial down your sense of humour because its clearly not translating well in your posts.

I mean I get you just want to fit in but you're going about it the wrong way.

In a zoojoo style off topic-ness Iv played about 20 hours of Darksiders 1 in 2 days. I'm loving that game hyped for the second.

DeadNames

Banned
Why blast CoD for not changing? If it keeps outselling the previous one I would do the same thing. I would drop $100 for Halo CE MP on XBL with new maps right now no questions asked.

I find it funny that people always call out CoD for not changing, but when Bungie/343 tries to change it, they get ridiculed to no end.

I've noticed this community has been growing unrestless and salty

So we're all calm and salty? :p

CyReN

I find it funny that people always call out CoD for not changing, but when Bungie/343 tries to change it, they get ridiculed to no end.

To be fair each new idea has gone pretty bad overall.

Halo 2 - Dual Wielding (weak against ranged weapons, it's out of Halo Reach and now Halo 4)
Halo 3 - Equipment (broken on maps, hard to use, annoying etc)
Halo Reach - Armor Abilities (broken, horrible for some maps, etc)

Now I'll give Halo 4 a fair shot from Day 1, but I hope they can fix the mistakes Bungie did in the past.

Why blast CoD for not changing? If it keeps outselling the previous one I would do the same thing.

I would drop $100 for Halo CE MP on XBL with new maps right now no questions asked.

Fuck yes. ..but realistically, the series has made some great improvements since CE so idk

Iv played about 20 hours of Darksiders 1 in 2 days. I'm loving that game hyped for the second.

Game is awesome - You're gonna like DarkSiders 2, aside from a few changes they've made.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I can't warm up when my first 2 matches are against pros :lol

edit: Here we go again lol

DeadNames

Banned

Halo 2 - Dual Wielding (weak against ranged weapons, it's out of Halo Reach and now Halo 4)

Now I'll give Halo 4 a fair shot from Day 1, but I hope they can fix the mistakes Bungie did in the past.

The problem is what they try to change it TO.

Touche... Good points.

I have a good feeling that Halo 4 will have a pretty good multiplayer... But then again, I could be wrong.

feel

Ninja actually called you out correctly as "new york state of mind".

Look guys, what i'm trying to say, is that i don't want the community to divide, and i'm willing to take whatever steam you people need to blow off for the good of the community. I love all you guys, even kylej, over, and fu. I've noticed this community has been growing unrestless and salty, and if it did ever divide itself it would make alot of people upset, and i know this is going to sound silly, but GAF means something to people. Its bigger than any of us and this is my example. <3 you all
This meta shit right here, it's just not helping, stop it and post normally about Halo or the other topics that come up, preferably less than 5 times per page (100ppp).

edit- wow Tashi.. another one

dude is filthy with the launcher

Tashi

Why I always start with Firefight.

Eww

Ninja actually called you out correctly as "new york state of mind".

This meta shit right here, it's just not helping, stop it and post normally about Halo or the other topics that come up, preferably less than 5 times per page (100ppp).

edit- wow Tashi.. another one

dude is filthy with the launcher

He must have had host. That one where he killed me on our flag was so far away and yet it killed me.

Playing Elite Slayer always makes me think that THIS is how the base gameplay should've been for Reach.. MLG should use Elite models ;]

I don't think there's a single zero-bloom gametype out there that you can use Elite models in.

Why not? You can in Customs if I'm not mistaken..

Please tell me you're not serious.

Please

Edit: Oh you mean movement? Ok...

Well ideally, of course, but why not use the Elite models since Spartans don't feel the same? Obviously you'd be using the same MLG weapons, not the Covenant stuff.. The only thing that would have to be adjusted are the maps. I mean, we have all grey maps now anyway, so why not? The Elites basically play just like the classic Halo games.

..controversial, I know.. Just think about it ;]

FyreWulff

Playing Elite Slayer always makes me think that THIS is how the base gameplay should've been for Reach.. MLG should use Elite models ;]

I don't think there's a single zero-bloom gametype out there that you can use Elite models in.

Please tell me you're not serious.

Please

Well, technically:

Elites run faster than Spartans naturally

Elites health acts like Halo 2 & 3

Why not?

That's what I said after the beta, except that Spartans should move like that. Reach feels so heavy. It's probably one of the worst aspects of the game IMO.

Those were a few neat games. Had a lot of fun on Highlands.
SEEEE!??!?!? I am not ashamed to say that I actually enjoy the shit out of this map when people aren't quitting out and it's not full bloom. Let the hate flow towards me. I can take it.

Nah, he said the dude was way up at level 23.

bc7.png

Seriously had me rolling for some reason.

where is this yourexwife diq...

Was next-door douchenozzle. Getting on soon.

Also, we need a couple for Dongball Slurpbase. Message "YourExWife" to join in on the donging.

How I see the majority of lesser skilled players opinion on Reach's GL is mainly its function on how to properly use the weapon in a skillful and effective way. They don't bother to think it's really useful and devastating against in a match.

Also probably why Sticky Detonator is a more "user friendly weapon" in comparison to its predecessor (the Grenade Launcher) as a replacement power/ordnance weapon. Imo.

TCKaos

Well, technically:

Elites run faster than Spartans naturally

Elites health acts like Halo 2 & 3

Elites are even the same size as SPARTAN-IIs, meaning that they're more or less properly scaled for 1:1 remakes.

Ramirez

lol, good lord bro.

Tashi

I played like shit today, god damn. Felt like the first time I've held a controller lol

You take that back...

Dual wielding and SMG starts were the best thing to happen in any playlist apart from BR starts.

Has anyone here ever used XBC? What's it like?

I get itchy to play Halo 2 sometimes and I'm thinking of setting up a windows partition on my mac so I can try it out.

Ken

Halo: CE is so fun, and the sense of desperation by the human forces is conveyed so well, far better than "the Covenant are on Reach" guy.

Top Bottom