• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Korosenai

Has anyone here ever used XBC? What's it like?

I get itchy to play Halo 2 sometimes and I'm thinking of setting up a windows partition on my mac so I can try it out.

Go for it. It's a lot of fun and there are always people playing so you should never have problems finding a match.

Trey

Actually thats not true.

I took your claims at face value and gave a cursory look at the linked CoD footage; while my opinion has not been compromised, I gotta say that between CoD, and playing CS:GO on the PC recently, I would really like to see Halo 5 go for 60 fps.

I don't real a lot of Halo official fan fiction, why is Halsey such a dick, anyway? The whole time in Reach I was thinking, "That woman REALLY needs to get laid..."

Noricart

I don't real a lot of Halo official fan fiction, why is Halsey such a dick, anyway? The whole time in Reach I was thinking, "That woman REALLY needs to get laid..."
Isn't she played off as incredibly evil in one the books?
Well, she did kidnap a bunch of children from having a normal future.
That is true. At the Spartan 3s were orphans.
Keyes was layin the pipe yo.
lol. A+

P.S: Please no campaign showing anymore. Straight multi is what we need, and none of this here is a snippet of a derivative of one element in our Multiplayer Gameplay! crap.

In Halo 4, I'm expecting several flashbacks that flesh out Master Chief and who he is, although I don't expect(or really even want) to see his face in the current day. And Halsey will still be a dick.

CyReN

LVgrs.jpg

Go for it. It's a lot of fun and there are always people playing so you should never have problems finding a match.

Alright, that's good. First step would be getting Windows :p I guess I can wait til I get to school, I think they'll set up a partition for free...

Isn't she played off as incredibly evil in one the books?

As time has gone on, I think the authors of the novels have been more and more willing to frame Halsey as a total bitch.

They're doing a good job.

As time has gone on, I think the authors of the novels have been more and more willing to frame Halsey as a total bitch.

They're doing a good job.

It reminds me me how writers have spent the last decade making the X-Men's Professor X into a complete, lying, kinda evil asshole. Manipulative as hell, erases memories, has dangerous equipment around the mansion. Can't an adult "forcibly" recruit a bunch of kids in the sake of saving the world without being a bastard!?

Trey

Before this train of conversation pulls into its station, I want to insert the following: Glasslands was a bungle of an interesting concept and a misuse of the established lore. It's the most boring and non-engaging book you can write in the Halo universe without being the Cole Protocol.

It reminds me me how writers have spent the last decade making the X-Men's Professor X into a complete, lying, kinda evil asshole. Manipulative as hell, erases memories, has dangerous equipment around the mansion. Can't an adult "forcibly" recruit a bunch of kids in the sake of saving the world without being a bastard!?

They did not know about the aliens when they kidnapped the orphans. It was for military experiments. So ya she a beotch.

They did not know about the aliens when they kidnapped the orphans. It was for military experiments. So ya she a beotch.

Wrong! The Spartans were created in order to combat the insurrectionists.

Before this train of conversation pulls into its station, I want to insert the following: Glasslands was a bungle of an interesting concept and a misuse of the established lore. It's the most boring and non-engaging book you can write in the Halo universe without being the Cole Protocol.

I thought Glasslands was okay. Just okay.

I think the worst part of her character is how she keeps switching back and forth between self-loathing and "No, I did the right thing!"

Like, pick one.

Trey

Not solely, or even mostly.

I think the worst part of her character is how she keeps switching back and forth between self-loathing and "No, I did the right thing!"

Like, pick one.

Could've been an interesting character trial which also shed some more light on one of the most interesting -- and least fleshed out -- plotlines in the Halo universe. Actually, two of them: Miranda and Halsey's relationship (and Keyes too), alongside the S2 project.

But Traviss was having none of that.

Not solely, or even mostly.

Could've been an interesting character trial which also shed some more light on one of the most interesting -- and least fleshed out -- plotlines in the Halo universe. Actually, two of them: Miranda and Halsey's relationship (and Keyes too), alongside the S2 project.

But Traviss was having none of that.

Ugh...When I got to the revelation that
Miranda was Halsey and Keyes' daughter
I actually groaned. Such a fan-fiction-y direction to go in.

Enfinit

Hey, anyone wanna watch me rage? Anyone want to hear stereotypes and profanities of the most cliche kind? HaloGAF's own YourExWife caught me red-handed in a match we played together a few months back. I think my cliche-typical Xbox Live kid nerd rage is pretty spot on.

Anyways, here's the link!

Times are noted for the profanities, racism, and rage, so for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, they can fast forward right to the good parts! It's time to giggle like little school girls and stuff our bras with toilet paper just like the good 'ole days!

(Thanks goes out to Highschoolfu for reminding me to keep the legend alive!)

Trey

Ugh...When I got to the revelation that
Miranda was Halsey and Keyes' daughter
I actually groaned. Such a fan-fiction-y direction to go in.

Wasn't quite her move. She kind of threw that plot point away in Glasslands. We'll see if it's explored further in TTW and the trilogy finale.

For GAF vets yourself, you guys sure do enjoy little girl drama.

I was waiting for this.

She didn't really have much of a choice there, it was revealed in the Reach diary.

The LE journal really goes to show how much more of a pulse Nylund has on the Halo universe than any other writer. His words have shaped the fiction for a long time, for better or worse.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Hey, anyone wanna watch me rage? Anyone want to hear stereotypes and profanities of the most cliche kind? HaloGAF's own YourExWife caught me red-handed in a match we played together a few months back. I think my cliche-typical Xbox Live kid nerd rage is pretty spot on.

Anyways, here's the link!

Times are noted for the profanities, racism, and rage, so for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, they can fast forward right to the good parts! It's time to giggle like little school girls and stuff our bras with toilet paper just like the good 'ole days!

(Thanks goes out to Highschoolfu for reminding me to keep the legend alive!)

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but is that supposed to be less obnoxious if you did it to be cute?

This is hilarious and Enfinit trying to twist it with his "impersonation" bullshit is even funnier. Good lord.

What happened to all of us just sitting around and complaining about Reach and then jumping on anyone who kind of disagreed with us? When did we get all of these stupid kids?

Ramirez

Sorry for not joining a minute ago Fu, but Sleeping Dogs is too fun to not take up my nightly gaming time at the moment. :p

Enfinit

hahaha

Realistically, they were probably disgruntled that Frankie never posted there so they came here to get the scoopz.

That's not how I came, at least. However, have you seen the GAF threads on Waypoint? There've been at least a dozen threads complaining about how Frankie posts on GAF over Waypoint, and people seem to get really offended by it (although these individuals are the same ones that give Waypoint a bad reputation). It's not like it matters, though, seeing that any information posted here makes it across to Waypoint almost instantaneously. I've chronicled the more important Frankie GAF posts in my sticky'd Halo 4 news thread in the Halo 4 forum for references.

After a more intense amount of complaining of "Frankie never posts on Waypoint," Frankie actually went on a posting spree in the Halo 4 forum. The reaction was... interesting. I can understand why he chooses not to speak there.

Top Bottom