• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

For those of you with the newer 360s, is heat still a big issue? My launch 360 has held up fine but this summer heat/my room is brutal, and I can barely play my 360. If the new 360 models are better in that area that may just push me to actually get the Halo 4 console.

have newer model and my room has been in the 80s for the past two weeks. No problems. I believe that the new 360s have a single cpu/gpu unit heatsink solution.

nillapuddin

For those of you with the newer 360s, is heat still a big issue? My launch 360 has held up fine but this summer heat/my room is brutal, and I can barely play my 360. If the new 360 models are better in that area that may just push me to actually get the Halo 4 console.

They deal with heat excellently in my experience, even better however, mine is whisper quiet.

I know its a small time period until the "Nextbox" but I would recommend it

Defect

Eh, it's not that big of a price difference. I'll end up giving it to a friend, or maybe I'll give it away on here.

EDIT: No calling dibs you vultures.
DibsRolo266ml_Mar07.jpg

Speaking of giving things away, wasn't there someone here looking for 48 hour codes and stuff like that for a community thing he was putting together?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I hate random players online, specifically the random players that happen to be on my team. It seems no matter what game I play, I seem to end up with the most unskilled, uncoordinated, simpled minded morons that have somehow found themselves pressing the right combination of fun colour boxes to end up in the same online team as me.

Makes me wish I had a gun that fired rubber bullets through space and time. I'd pinpoint the location of these wonderful people's daddies and hit them in the sperm box one minute before the world would be blessed with their conception.

Caja 117

Yes they are, got way better ventilation, I have mine for 2 years now and it never have give me problems.

Ah cool. I have a couple 48 codes around here somewhere. And...I also have a Halo 4 MC avatar code that I THINK is unused. But...I'm not entirely sure. I was marking them off as I gave them away and I have one male that isn't marked off. Any way to check that without actually redeeming?

Hey You

Not a issue, I used to keep my older 360 in the open because it would heat up. With my slim, I keep it in my entertainment stand.

DeadNames

Banned
Ah cool. I have a couple 48 codes around here somewhere. And...I also have a Halo 4 MC avatar code that I THINK is unused. But...I'm not entirely sure. I was marking them off as I gave them away and I have one male that isn't marked off. Any way to check that without actually redeeming?

By giving it to me :p

I think if you use the one on MS's website, you can check. But don't quote me on it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
By giving it to me :p

I think if you use the one on MS's website, you can check. But don't quote me on it.
Nope, if you do it on xbox.com it uses the code. You have to do it through the guide to check if it's redeemed or not without actually using it.

halo4_bumperjumper-2.jpg

THANK YOU BASED GOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD

Edit: The image at the end looks like Blood Gulch. NO. SCREW THAT. NOT AGAIN.

Edit 2: I lied...It might be Valhalla? In which case I'm okay with it.

Karl2177

1.) David/Frank: The RSS feed in iTunes is borked again. Whether this is an iTunes thing or something on your guys' end, I'm not sure. The error message I'm getting is the following:

The URL "http://halo.xbox.com/Content/assets/en-us/Podcast/waypointrss.xml" could not be found on the server.​

2.) Ryaaan: I'm assuming you no longer control Real7alk, because it is also giving me an error in iTunes. I know you mentioned it going down since there isn't anyone to cover the costs.

3.)
classified.jpg

Check your PM's.

Finally executed that.

blamite

Blurry picture looks like Red Base on Blood Gulch. Probably a misdirect though.

And Recon continues to be the only usable control scheme.

Enfinit

New controller layout called "fishstick", like "other FPS" controller layouts.

Other FPS games = Call of Duty

Call of Duty

CoD

Cod is a type of fish

mfw

kbVaW.jpg

Smaller, filtered a bit. Warthog clearly visible...but..yeah, not much else. Doesn't look like a forest area, more like a grassy canyon.

Nowise10

lol at the people who want remakes, and not actual original maps for a change.

The new map, is original in my opinion from the crystallized screenshot, but we'll have to see in the coming hours.

Top Bottom