• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Vire

Guys! I am heading to the airport now. I cannot wait to meet you guys who are going to be at PAX. And I cannot wait to read the post of the people who are not going.

Safe flights.

Don't have too much fun while I'm not there. :p

I'll be enjoying the festivities from the comfort of my humble abode.

PX5s are incredible.

Sound is top notch as headsets go and they look boss. Not only that you get complete control with software to customize any frequencies in the game you play. So you can literally cancel out all loud noises and only hear things like footsteps. You can make the sound anyone using PV be raised so you can easily hear it being used.

Fuchsdh

If there was a bulletin, wouldn't we have seen it by now?

Granted, bsangel's usually good about noting if it'll be delayed or late on Twitter, but still...

If there was a bulletin, wouldn't we have seen it by now?

Granted, bsangel's usually good about noting if it'll be delayed or late on Twitter, but still...

Yeah, I don't think it's coming tonight. Most likely tomorrow and if I had to guess it'll basically be a PAX prep.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Two questions:

1. Why is Halo 4 using 10 points per kill instead of 1? I still don't see the point.

2. Does the power boost power-up (or whatever it's called) effect turrets, too? Like, can I grab the power-up, hop in a Warthog turret, and have the turret be even more powerful?

Two questions:

1. Why is Halo 4 using 10 points per kill instead of 1? I still don't see the point.

10 points are more then one point, so you feel even cooler now.

Plus, now they can give special point bonuses for shit. +5 for assists, +15 for AssASSination as the announcer calls it, etc

Two questions:

People like higher numbers, feels like you contributed more. As lame as it sounds, it's that simple. It's why you can do thousands and thousands of damage in RPGs too (well that, and it gives more room for different moves with different damage levels). And like Viewtiful said it can give room for other ways of scoring.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Plus, now they can give special point bonuses for shit. +5 for assists, +15 for AssASSination as the announcer calls it, etc
Yeah, but they aren't doing that. Or they haven't talked about it, at least. If they end up doing that then it'll make sense. Right now it seems arbitrary, and silly if it really is an ego boosting thing.

Fracas

#fuckonami
No I cant have wires. Wires are evil. Its 2012.
If you need a good wireless headset, Turtle Beach has some pretty nice ones, and I'm not typically a fan of their headsets.

I don't know if I was part of a noticeable junior wave, I don't really remember anyone else when I started posting. I got in about a month before the endless junior wave that brought us the greats like ZooJoo and Overkill. Just glad I survived I guess.
I believe you were in the same as me.

Man, our wave was pretty dang good. Although pretty much every "wave" has plenty of awesome people.

I don't know if I was part of a noticeable junior wave, I don't really remember anyone else when I started posting. I got in about a month before the endless junior wave that brought us the greats like ZooJoo and Overkill. Just glad I survived I guess.

Havok

Two questions:

Here's the way I see it: They want to give the xp-based rewards per action, so they put up the +10 per kill to reflect that. Bumping it up to 10 instead of 1 lets them give what are essentially half-points of reward for assists and whatnot. When you bring up the scoreboard, you still see your score as a straight number of kills in a Slayer game, even if the points to win isn't consistent with that. There's a little bit of the score inflation because people like bigger numbers, but I think it's primarily so that smaller rewards can be given while not confusing players on what constitutes a kill reward or not (they could just do +2 for a kill and +1 for an assist, doubling the effective point reward, but that's very similar to the straight kill number and would be confusing, so just moving the decimal point makes more sense).

I don't love it, but if you want to give a whole bunch of rewards for specific actions and keep it easy to tabulate, it makes sense.

FyreWulff

Loadout confirmed.

7zqWA.jpg

+ 2x HBO shirt (to get from Kanbo in Seattle) + HBO Pax Prime 2012 Shirt (to get from Kanbo in Seattle) = first PAX where I have enough Halo/Bungie shirts to wear two different ones each day of the convention if I want to.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the way I see it: They want to give the xp-based rewards per action, so they put up the +10 per kill to reflect that. Bumping it up to 10 instead of 1 lets them give what are essentially half-points of reward for assists and whatnot. When you bring up the scoreboard, you still see your score as a straight number of kills in a Slayer game, even if the points to win isn't consistent with that.

I don't love it, but if you want to give a whole bunch of rewards for specific actions, it makes sense.
Ah, yeah, I guess that does make sense. I'm not against it, personally, I just didn't get the reasoning.

Begins post with "Nuts", ends post with "dick". Masterful.

Does it make any sense for the bulletin to be an info drop when they will probably be saving the infos for PAX panels, show floor, etc?

Begins post with "Nuts", ends post with "dick". Masterful.

Does it make any sense for the bulletin to be an info drop when they will probably be saving the infos for PAX panels, show floor, etc?

I figured there would be a teaser or something small for tonight's bulletin to hype people for PAX, but I think it's getting too late for a bulletin today.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah, we're not getting a bulletin tonight.

edit: Not confirmed or anything, just what I think. Note to self: be more clear in posts.

Computron

Dicknuts... lol.

Who all was in my junior wave? I think Computron and biggy were, but who else?

I don't know what wave I was in, I started posting way after I got approved since I kind of forgot about GAF.

What is this, Firefight??

I'm just saying, the juniors really took a turn after the NEP update.

/conspiracyGAF

No I cant have wires. Wires are evil. Its 2012.

Man, I have been wearing Bluetooth Stereo Headphones for 3 years now. They work with everything, iPhone, laptops, TVs, PS3 and I got an 3.5mm TRS transciever for anything in between like Xbox. Haven't touched wires since.

I got 2 Kensington BT3071's that have been sadly discontinued for a while now. I rotate them on charge every other night and the battery still hasn't given way. I wear them for whole days and forget their on my ears because I am so used to them.

I think it's the best purchase I have ever made.

Top Bottom