• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

FyreWulff

I wonder if the Fishstick layout lets you do quickzoom like you can with the control stick by using the analog-ness of the trigger.

The one where you do the first zoom, then if you click and hold you'll do the second zoom then immediately fall back to the first zoom once you let go of the stick.

blamite

kbVaW.jpg

Smaller, filtered a bit. Warthog clearly visible...but..yeah, not much else. Doesn't look like a forest area, more like a grassy canyon.

Okay, so the Warthog is what I thought was a base. Cool. I like what I'm imagining the aesthetic looks like, reminds me of the CEA remake of Beaver Creek.

senador

Banned
Wow Bumper Jumper looks spot on. I may have to move to it. I have such a harder time changing to its tough.

As for the rest...I am disappointed. I'd like something between Default and Recon with crouch on LS, sprint on RB, AA on B. Or something similar. I'm going to have to do some adapting, and I'm not excited about it. Crouch should be on LS, having sprint there is just not right for Halo play, and having melee on RB is also pretty important to me. Bah. :(

Fishsticks is funny and nice for those other game people but it looks pretty awful for Halo play IMO.

Edit: Wow fuck. What I want is Bumper Jumper but with jump and AA swapped. PLEASE add this one too 343.

Edit 2: Sensitivity is numbers still and unless it's hidden below the scroll, no vertical sensitivity?

I'm surprised by how intact they kept Recon. Guess I'll have to get used to switching nades on the Dpad and teabagging on the left stick instead of right, but other than that it's quite good.

IDK, looks like a warthog with something behind it's left side. Maybe thats another warthog facing the camera?

hLXun.png

I see a gigantic dead pig with an apple in its mouth as that mountain straight ahead..

images

I think you're on to something here.

I think I'm liking that Fishstick layout the more I test it out with my controller.. Easier to spam Zoom when you're getting pinged than press with the button you're maintaining your aiming with.. andddd to crouch as I move with my right pointer finger

Can't wait to test some of these out :]

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So glad we're getting a proper Bumper Jumper. It's perfect. <3

Seance

Banned
New controller layout called "fishstick", like "other FPS" controller layouts.

Other FPS games = Call of Duty

Call of Duty

CoD

Cod is a type of fish

mfw

I think we went over this about 3 threads back.

Anyway looks like Bumper Jumper master race is still strong going forward. :) Any new maps or even weapons expected to be showcased at PAX?

Hey Frankie, why don't you guys put the bulletins up on XBL Waypoint? Would be cool for viewers of that to get these cleverly written weekly entries as updates to Halo 4's progress.

Waypoint XBL fo' lyfe! I think I'm on this every single night, either idling or rewatching vids lmfao..

Caja 117

I think we went over this about 3 threads back.

Anyway looks like Bumper Jumper master race is still strong going forward. :) Any new maps or even weapons expected to be showcased at PAX?

With the BR back, and accelerated movement and higher jump, crouching while jumping is going to become relevant once again and so any scheme with crouching in LS .

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just watched my match against Ninja, shit was hilarious :lol Surprised Saucey didn't talk shit. Props lol

Hmm, I think I'll stick with Recon but I also think it would be better to have Sprint on LB and Use Armor Ability on X. Sprint is probably going to be used more, right? Are these the only control schemes that will be available in the final game?

Blinding

Just watched my match against Ninja, shit was hilarious :lol Surprised Saucey didn't talk shit. Props lol

Oh no, Saucey was talking shit, just in his head. It's impossible for him not to.

The half-overlay is bugging me a bit, that just may be because I've been working on minimalist UI designs lately tho. Just doesn't seem right.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

All of the control schemes are awful.

If it isn't B for Crouch it's L3 for sprint.

I mean wow, really.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

All of the control schemes are awful.

If it isn't B for Crouch it's A for sprint.

I mean wow, really.
Where would you put sprint? I think I'd slightly prefer it on X (instead of A -- I'm talking about Bumper Jumper).

PS : Your new avatar lady is a mega babe. I once again approve.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Where would you put sprint? I think I'd slightly prefer it on X (instead of A -- I'm talking about Bumper Jumper).
Whoops! Sorry, didn't mean to say A, I meant to say L3.

Bumper Jumper looks like the best of the bunch except I'd swap AA(X) and Reload(B), personally

Hey Frankie, why don't you guys put the bulletins up on XBL Waypoint? Would be cool for viewers of that to get these cleverly written weekly entries as updates to Halo 4's progress.

Waypoint XBL fo' lyfe! I think I'm on this every single night, either idling or rewatching vids lmfao..

I'd really like waypoint to be fully integrated within the game, not some separate app that has to launch every time.

Cool, then this should also be new: FanExpo Adrift

They get destroyed in this match, its over before it even gets started basically. Adrift looks way too small for 8v8.

Yes and no. When I played 8 player Regicide on it back at E3, it felt right...except there were a few times when there was a pretty big lull in combat. 8v8 would be too big for the map if everyone plays the game as FFA and runs around with no sense of map direction. A good 4v4 or a good 8v8 doesn't seem too absurd once people know the map well enough. There map has enough hallways, and a decent sized outside area to break up the teams. I'd...compare it to Countdown in size, maybe, just not so many levels.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ideally:

Bumper Jumper: Swap AA (X) and Reload (B)

Default: Swap Sprint(L3) and Crouch(B) and it will be pitch perfect, imo.

No control scheme with AA and Sprint on the bumpers, am sad. :/

Might start with trying to learn crouch on B with the default scheme, I really don't want sprint or AA on a face button.

Also, it's "going to be flagtastic". CTF will be the announced, but now playable at PAX. Happy with that.

inb4 Domino posts Lemonhead unacceptable in reply to Ram's post.

Top Bottom