• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Infinity Slayer will undoubtedly be the playlist most people go to at launch. Since it includes all the new bells and whistles, along with instant respawn, it's going to draw the larger crowd. The highly competitive stuff tends to scare most normal people away. The level of play is just high for them to enjoy it.

Exactly. Doesn't matter if there are only 5 playlists. The competitive/hardcore one will still have a small population because the casuals will view it as the playlist to go into if you want to get crapped on.

I just hope they're able to find a way to make Team Objective more palatable for a larger chunk of the community. Makes me sad that it holds such a low pop right now.

IHaveIce

Banned
Leave Friday, return Sunday currently. Could leave Wednesday... I dunno.

Yeah at the moment it's the same for me. If I find a cheap hotel I think I will leave already on Wednesday

Just now I have no clue which Airport in London is the best to arrive, which Hotels are good and cheap and if there are good underground stations in the area.

@Control Schemes: They look good, I hope they learned from Reach and thought about toogling AA's for Bumper Jumper, I think I will use my old Razer Onza with the two extra buttons, so I have no problems.

Just now I have no clue which Airport in London is the best to arrive, which Hotels are good and cheap and if there are good underground stations in the area.
Hearthrow is the "best" in terms of being closest and hopping straight onto the Underground.
I'm flying into Stansted because of my local airport/price.

I've been to London a good few times, so if you have any questions, just ask.

IHaveIce

Banned
Hearthrow is the "best" in terms of being closest and hopping straight onto the Underground.
I'm flying into Stansted because of my local airport/price.

I've been to London a good few times, so if you have any questions, just ask.

Oh thanks in advance, I think I will have to ask some stuff. The airport was important, now I can search better.

Beckx

Oh thanks in advance, I think I will have to ask some stuff. The airport was important, now I can search better.

Heathrow. There's a 15 minute express train from there to Paddington station, or you can take the Piccadilly (40 mins or so to downtown London, a little cheaper).

Don't fly into Gatwick unless you like long car rides.

While I prefer the design choices that make for the most competitive game, I am a casual player at heart. One thing I'll say about the previous Halo games that make someone like me hyper critical of each decision was the way matchmaking was handled. I'm at the mercy of a system that puts me on a team of randoms against a party who knows their shit, a system that forces me into maps or gametypes I don't feel like playing, a system that allows for lopsided player counts on teams and penalizes me for wanting to quit.

I was more of the Halo PC crowd than Halo 2 in terms of my peak of Halo online exposure. I could basically hop into whatever map and gametype I wanted and just choose teams and hop servers of my own volition. While that might not be feasible for the console space, the matchmaking of previous games really demanded that the game itself was up to scruff and when you're trapped in shitty situations due to matchmaking it only serves to make me detest anything that was introduced to reduce individual effectiveness.

I guess what I'm saying is that when I hop into an FPS I can take it casually or competitively, so even with Halo 4's changes at least with DIDO it could make for a considerably smoother experience on the social side.

Ramirez

So who's ready for Pax Prime?

tG56J.jpg

Man, that's all of the stations they have for it? The wait will be INSANE.

Would have been amazing if they could have had as much space as they had for Halofest.

TheOddOne

What has become of my beloved BTB playlist? Why does only Spire, Boneyard and Hemorrhage or some variant of those maps show up? Where the hell are the new heavy maps? What have you done 343? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

While I prefer the design choices that make for the most competitive game, I am a casual player at heart. One thing I'll say about the previous Halo games that make someone like me hyper critical of each decision was the way matchmaking was handled. I'm at the mercy of a system that puts me on a team of randoms against a party who knows their shit, a system that forces me into maps or gametypes I don't feel like playing, a system that allows for lopsided player counts on teams and penalizes me for wanting to quit.

This is why I think a filtered custom games browser would be one of the biggest things that could ever happen to the franchise. The Halo community was made for things such as this.

Driver55

Neo Member
Tashi has convinced me to actually post now and again and not just be a pervy lurker :)

Please be reasonably kind... I get enough verbal abuse (poorly-executed, mind you) from the bald Scottish man sitting across from me. Who knew such horrors could come from the mouth of someone with the gentle name of Francis?

Are we going to see some of you folks tomorrow night?

senador

Banned
Man, that's all of the stations they have for it? The wait will be INSANE.

Would have been amazing if they could have had as much space as they had for Halofest.

That's only 8 stations, is that really all? I thought the Halo 4 presence was going to be much bigger at PAX. Maybe I just assumed that.

Tashi has convinced me to actually post now and again and not just be a pervy lurker :)

Please be reasonably kind... I get enough verbal abuse (poorly-executed, mind you) from the bald Scottish man sitting across from me. Who knew such horrors could come from the mouth of someone with the gentle name of Francis?

Nice, welcome! :)

Welcome to HaloGAF!

Ramirez

That's only 8 stations, is that really all? I thought the Halo 4 presence was going to be much bigger at PAX. Maybe I just assumed that.

Well, when Bungie was promoting Assembly they only had 8 stations as well, I'd imagine the floor space is extremely limited. That's what made Halofest so awesome, it was in a completely separate area from the PAX show floor. It had a ton of stations with minimal wait times & the overall population was much less congested than the PAX area.

wwm0nkey

Work place bullying over at 343?

Also welcome to HaloGAF

Sai-kun

Banned

Yes! I am so so ridiculously hyped. Welcome! :)

I should have been arriving in Seattle right about now. Stupid work and responsibility!
LLShC.gif

JK, I'm not a salty person... most of the time.

TheOddOne

Welcome!

Bsigg12

Nice, welcome! :)

Well last year they had there own area separate from the convention center but that was because of the 10 year anniversary.

It's safe, the junior infection has been quarantined
for now.

senador

Banned
Well, when Bungie was promoting Assembly they only had 8 stations as well, I'd imagine the floor space is extremely limited. That's what made Halofest so awesome, it was in a completely separate area from the PAX show floor. It had a ton of stations with minimal wait times & the overall population was much less congested than the PAX area.

Ah, that's the difference. Since its not HaloFest and they don't have that extra space rented they are subject to floor space like everyone else (most likely). Bummer.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Q: Is your gamertag a play off of Honey Boo Boo?

Ramirez

Ah, that's the difference. Since its not HaloFest and they don't have that extra space rented they are subject to floor space like everyone else (most likely). Bummer.

Yea, I'm sure 343 will have some kind of VIP party like last year though, I'm jelly.

Hola!

Top Bottom